changes

Run A Little Faster

 

CHANGES 

 


 

Hyoyeon is due in a week,” is the first thing you hear when you pick up your phone, Taemin’s dumb face flashing on the screen. “My mom just called me. I’m going to be an uncle!

“Oh my God, right!” you exclaim. You’re packing your bag. “Are you going to go home for the time being?”

Hell yeah, we’re not gonna miss that! We already missed Kyuhyun’s birth!

“Does Kai know?”

Well, our mom messaged us both at the same time, but seeing as it’s early morning, I’d say Kai’ll find out in a few hours,” Taemin snickers.

“True,” you smile. “Hyoyeon didn’t ask about the baby’s gender, right?”

Right, she wants it to be a surprise. Though she’s convinced it’s a girl.

“That’d be the cutest,” you say, nodding. “Kyuhyun’s gonna be so jealous though. Everyone’s attention is going to switch to the baby.”

You should come with us,” Taemin says. “Hyoyeon would love for you to be around when the baby comes, I’m sure. And maybe Kai’d be calmer if you were with us. He’s already freaking out about this whole thing. He’s such a ing sap, I swear.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Taemin’s and Kai’s mom greets them back home with the biggest meal they’ve had in months. When you have pack dinners, all the food is usually gone in a span of ten minutes; this time the entire table is practically theirs. Hyoyeon has the biggest belly ever, Kyuhyun has grown up a lot (Taemin almost doesn’t recognize him at first, and he does make a joke about some random child from the street being in their household), and Minhyuk – Hyoyeon’s husband – looks like he’s in the seventh heaven.

A few days after Kai and Taemin visit, Hyoyeon is taken to the hospital to wait for her child to come. The doctor in charge of her turns out to be an old family friend, and someone who knows about magic at that. She makes it clear that she’ll take care of the newborn werewolf – everyone’s sure it’s a werewolf, since both Hyoyeon and Minhyuk are werewolves – without anyone noticing that something’s off about the baby.

Kai and Taemin also have the chance to meet Minhyuk’s parents and brother, who are as excited for the baby as the Kims.

The only person missing is Jaejoong.

“Kai,” Sooyoung says, trying to get his attention one day. They’re at the hospital, in a waiting room; there’s always at least two people around, in case Hyoyeon goes into labor earlier than expected. “I can hear your brain melting over here.”

Kai looks up at her. She’s putting some coins into a vending machine. There’s a few people in the corridor with them. “It’s not.”

“It is,” Sooyoung insists. “I know you’re angry. I’m angry too. But try not to show it around Hyo; she’s already stressed as it is.”

Kai exhales forcefully. “I know,” he says. “It’s just—he should be here, and he’s not even picking up his phone.”

“He hasn’t completely ed it up yet,” Sooyoung says, rolling her eyes, and quickly realizes she shouldn’t curse in public. She gasps a little. “Sorry,” she says, looking around the corridor with her ‘busted’ face. A few people send her sideway looks. She takes her drinks from the vending machine and walks over to Kai, handing him a can of Pepsi.

“Thanks,” Kai says, taking it from her. “And I really hope he makes it.”

“Yeah,” Sooyoung mutters, opening her own drink. It hisses when the gas gets out.

They both hear Taemin approaching, and they turn to look at him.

“Hey,” he greets. “Wanna go grab something to eat?”

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Hyoyeon goes into labor a few days earlier than planned, and the entire family comes to the hospital. That includes all the grandmas and grandpas, all the uncles and aunts, and half of the family friends. Even Kris’s mother comes, and Chanyeol’s parents and sister as well; the waiting room is filled with anxious werewolves and their offspring.

Kai and Taemin are busy freaking out and trying not to listen into Hyoyeon’s pained screams when they see some sudden movement and snap their heads up at Jaejoong, who’s running down the corridor. He stops in front of them, hair and clothes in disarray.

“Did I make it?” he asks. He gets Hyoyeon’s painful yell as a reply, and visibly cringes. “Okay, I made it.”

“You’re lucky,” Taemin tells him, standing up and punching him in the shoulder. “I’d have killed you if you didn’t.”

“Only if you ever saw him again,” Donghae comments.

Hyoyeon lets out a loud sob and they all shiver in fear.

 

 

 

*

 

 

Kai calls you the same evening, and he’s almost crying, judging by his voice. There’s a lot of rustling and hushed conversations in the background, and he keeps on sniffing.

It’s a girl,” he announces. You stand up from your chair, feeling a surge of happiness. “She’s so tiny. She’s healthy, though, and the cutest thing I’ve seen.”

“That is so amazing!” you say. “Sehun! Did you hear?”

“Woohoo!” Sehun screams from the other room.

“How are they going to name her?” you ask, smiling like a lunatic. You go into a full-on fangirl mode, and you start jumping around the room, shivering with excitement. “Is she a werewolf?”

Rahee and yes,” Kai says, and then laughs out of pure joy. “Minhyuk looks like he’s high, and my dad walks around like a peacock.”

Sehun enters your room without knocking, takes your phone out of your grip and yells “Congratulations!” into the speaker. You laugh at him. “Say hi to her from the pack!”

Will do,” you hear Kai say. Sehun gives you back your phone, winking at you. “Jaejoong showed up, too.”

“Ohh, he’s in luck,” you drawl out, snorting. “I was going to strangle him if he didn’t.”

I heard that,” you hear Jaejoong say, his voice muffled.

“Good,” you say. “How’s Kyuhyun, then?”

He said she looks like a raisin and then kissed her on the forehead,” Kai says, laughing. “He’s fine. A bit disoriented, but I think he’s going to make a great brother. Well, cousin.”

“I think so too,” Sehun nods. You agree with that.

I’ll send you a pick of her,” Kai promises.

“Hey, who’re the godparents?” you ask.

I’m the godmother!” someone screams right into your ear. You recognize Sooyoung’s voice. “Bless.

And Minhyuk’s brother is the godfather,” Kai adds, his voice much calmer than Sooyoung’s. He and Hyoyeon are Kyuhyun’s godparents, seeing as Kyuhyun’s mom died and her family didn’t want anything to do with him.

We need a new child, I want to be a godfather, too,” Taemin mumbles.

You’ll be Kai’s,” Sooyoung points out.

“Isn’t it Jaejoong’s turn?” Sehun asks, mostly joking.

No,” Taemin says, his voice harsh. “I’m first. I’m calling it. Kai’s firstborn is mine.

“Whoa there, Satan,” you laugh.

Jaejoong can have the second one,” Taemin says, still sulking.

You suddenly feel yourself flush at the thought of having Kai’s children one day. You often wonder how it feels like to carry a baby in your belly, and right now that thought comes back, double in strength. You almost look down at your stomach, but stop yourself in the last second. Sehun snorts at you, and you slap him on the arm.

“Say congratulations from us,” you tell Kai. “And hug Hyoyeon from me, too.”

You need to see Rahee, Dal,” Kai says, awe-struck. “She’s amazing.

You smile at how happy he sounds.

 

 

 

 

 


DID YOU SEE THAT CHANYEOL GOT A DOG AND NAMED HIM CHOCO? I wouldn't have found out if it wasn't for a few of my readers here who messaged me out of blue telling me about it XD But it's apparently fake?? It's a dog Kai bough and Chanyeol named him Choco whattt is going ooooon does he read this, does he read my fic?

Ok, since that's out of the way, look what toniluv made for chapter 84!!


SUCH AMAZE. I love it so freaking much? The eyes are so realistic urgh. Thank you again xoxoxo

Second of all, if you have questions regarding Hyoyeon's baby, go to chapter 42 ("Surprise") to refresh your memory :) YES SHE WAS PREGNANT but you all forgot

And third of all: the updates will be now three times a week, so make sure you've read all the chapters before checking the one you think just got updated!

See you very soon my fav hazelnut chocolate tortes!