ordinary heroes

Run A Little Faster



ORDINARY HEROES

 


 

“It hurts,” you sob into the pillow. “This is the worst period I’ve had in ages. Something is trying to claw out of my uterus.”

“I sure hope not,” Kai says. “I don’t know how to deal with aliens.”

You let out a loud howl of pain. Kai cringes and crouches next to the couch so that he can look you in the eyes. Or at least look at your head, because your face is squashed into the pillow as you curl into a fetal position.

“Can I bring you something?” he asks.

“Painkillers,” you grunt. “Tons of painkillers.”

“What if you used magic to lessen the pain a little?”

You shake your head.

“It helps for a moment and then it’s back, and the more I use magic, the more the rest of my body hurts. What is even my life.”

Kai feels a pang of guilt again. He stands up awkwardly, hovering above you, not sure what to do as you wail in pain.

He goes to get his phone and dials Eun’s number. She picks up after a few seconds.

What’s up?”

“How do I lessen period cramps?”

Silence fills the line. Then Eun snorts quietly. “Congratulations on becoming a woman, Kai!”

“Funny,” Kai says dryly. “I’m serious. Dal is dying on my couch because ‘something is trying to claw out of her uterus’. It’s a direct quote.”

“Ouch. Okay, wait a moment, I’ll send you a list.”

“A list?” Kai wails. Eun disconnects and Kai stares dumbly at the phone, your moans audible in the background, making him uncomfortable because he can’t help.

Yet.

 

 

*

 

 

“Sit up for a moment,” Kai says.

Noooo,” you moan.

“Dal, sit up, come on.”

“My uterus is committing a suicide and I’m dying.”

“Yes, it’s sullied the family honor, I get it, now sit up.”

You do, finally. You look miserable and you’re grimacing non-stop. Kai hands you a glass of water.

“Painkillers,” he says, handing you the first pill. You swallow it without a thought. You’re about to give him back the water, but he gives you another pill. You eye it. “Vitamin B6 and magnesium,” he continues, nodding at you to swallow it. You do. He pulls out another two pills. You raise your brows. “Calcium. Vitamin E.”

“Where did you even get those?” you question, suspicious.

Kai frowns as if it’s obvious. “I bought them?”

Okay, maybe it is obvious. But Kai doesn’t have to buy any pills of supplements, ever, because werewolf, and you can’t imagine him waiting in a queue to buy you vitamins.

So you look at him like he’s gone mental.

“You went to buy me pills?”

“I also got you some more…pads,” he says, whispering the last word.

You lower your head a little as if he’s just shared a secret with you and you find yourself whispering as well, God knows why. “You bought me pads.”

“Yes,” Kai says, nodding solemnly. “It was terrifying.”

“And you knew which ones?” you question.

“Oh, that part was easy,” Kai replies. “Some girls giggling at me from the side, that was the hard part.” You’re about to reply with a laugh to that, but you cringe when another cramp twists your insides. Kai looks so scared for a moment that it’s actually ridiculously funny.

“Okay, okay, stay here,” Kai says, taking the glass of water from you. You watch him as he goes, trying to listen in to what he’s doing. He comes back a few seconds later with a blanket and a—

Hot water bottle. An actual, pink container that is currently filled with hot water. It has a very fluffy pink cover with a big white heart knitted into it.

“You bought that now?” you question, gaping. “You were gone twenty minutes!”

“Eun told me where to buy it,” Kai explains. “She has, like, four.”

“Eun has really heavy periods,” you nod. Kai makes a face like he didn’t particularly want to know it, but it’s not like there’s any privacy left between any of you.

“Well, now you have your own hot bottle, too. Just in case.”

He gives it to you. The bottle is warm and amazing and you curl around it as you put it onto your lower abdomen. Just as you do, Kai wraps you in a blanket, and you feel like a burrito. You lay down. Kai makes sure you’re comfortable – he pats down the pillows, even – and straightens up, looking down at you.

“Is it better?”

“Yes,” you say, although you don’t feel that big of a difference just yet. But the bottle is so warm and so lovely, and it’s doing miracles to your muscles. “God. Thank you.”

You fall asleep at some point and you wake up to the smell of herbs. You open your eyes to find a steaming mug of tea in front of your face and Kai’s hand on your head, your hair.

“What is that?” you ask, squinting at the mug in distrust.

“A bunch of stuff, actually,” Kai says, picking the mug up. “I have no idea how it tastes, but probably not very good if the smell is anything to go by. But it’s supposed to help.”

“You made me herbal tea?” you ask with a soft snort. Kai sits down next to you as you sit up, and you use him as a cushion, curling next to him like a centipede. The bottle is still really warm on your abdomen. Your lower regions are happier now, and the painkillers have kicked in. The pain is now dull, but still pretty annoying. You just feel discomfort now.

“Black cohosh, chasteberry, ginger, raspberry leaf, and I added some raspberry juice so it’s not as herb-y. Are you hungry?”

“Did Eun tell you all of this?” you ask, grabbing the tea from Kai’s warm fingers, making it your mission to touch them, even if only for a second.

“Yeah,” he says. “She made me a list.”

“I never knew this was so complicated,” you admit, taking a sip of the tea. It’s strong, but nice. Normal people would probably cringe at its taste, but you love herbs. You love their smell and taste and you especially love all the magic you can do with their help. “I mean, Eun always says that the second day is the worst and she usually never even leaves her room then, right?” you continue. You take another gulp of the tea because Kai is still watching you intently, as if checking if you’ve finished the whole thing. “It’s good.”

“Good,” Kai says, pleased, smiling a little. “You hungry? Should I boil some rice? I can fry some veggies.”

“My hero,” you say, stomach rumbling at the thought of food. Kai leans in to peck you really quickly on the forehead and dashes into the kitchen. You realize that he’s excited, oh my God. Because he pleased you.

You squeal. It’s so cute you actually squeal. Kai comes running back in, alarmed, and looks down at you.

“What—“

“Nothing!” you say, shaking your head. “Go make me some food Ramsay.”

He snorts and goes to the kitchen. You call your mom in the meantime, hearing the vegetables sizzling on the frying pan. At some point the loft gets filled with amazing smell and that’s when Chanyeol, Eun, Tao and Sehun decide to drop by.

“So we’ve heard your uterus is committing a suicide,” is the first thing Sehun says when he sees you. He smiles down at you and you pout a little. You’re about to tell him how funny you think he is, but he comes towards you and pats your head softly, tone changing a little when he speaks again, “Feeling better?”

“Something smells amazing,” Chanyeol says in the background. He goes to see what Kai is making, Tao trotting behind him. Eun comes to stand on Sehun’s side.

“Eun,” you moan gratefully the second you see her. She smiles widely.

“Say nothing,” she replies, all fabulous and lovely as always. “I’m your Goddess, I know. But Kai deserves a lot of credit, too.”

“Oh, I feel like he’s gonna get the credit alright, once Dal’s period actually ends,” Sehun snorts. Eun, the traitor, giggles, and you roll your eyes. “I could feel her feelings before I even entered the loft.”

“Liar,” you accuse.

“Oh, believe me, I wish,” Sehun replies with another snort. Eun outward laughs. “I thought that once you guys start going out, the tension between you would lessen a little. I just want some peace.”

“Oh come on,” Chanyeol’s voice booms from behind them. “That would be no fun.”

He stands in-between Sehun and Eun, head sticking out and his wide eyes staring at you.

“We made you a CD,” he says. “It has all the greatest hits.”

“What do you mean?” you question.

“Food!” Kai hollers. The boys both scramble to the kitchen and Eun sways a little on her feet, surprised at the sudden lack of bodies she freely propped herself on. Then she sends you another smile and runs to the kitchen as well.

Kai brings you your food and sits on your right, with his own plate. Tao sits next to you, kissing you on the cheek as a greeting, and is the first one to dig into the food. Chanyeol turns on the TV and plugs an USB stick into it.

“We also brought you a movie,” he announces. “It’s supposed to be cute.”

“We’re gonna watch a cute movie?” you ask, disbelieving. “Goodness. If I knew you were going to be so nice to me every time I was having period cramps, I’d have play-pretend from the very beginning.”

“You would not,” Sehun drawls from the side, mouth already stuffed with vegetables and chicken. “And we’re always nice to you.”

“Not nice enough to let me watch a cute movie!”

“That’s because you love sci-fi, action, and aliens just as much as we do,” Tao tells you. “And superheroes.”

“But today you have your private superhero,” Eun points out, looking at Kai, “which means we need to watch a cute movie.”

“Oh my God,” all the boys growl out in unison. “That was freaking cheesy.

Kai flushes a little and busies himself with eating just as Clueless begins.

A few hours later, when the boys (and Eun) are gone, you call your mom to tell her that you’ll be staying the night at Kai’s. The boy enters the living room with a CD in his hand and you frown at him.

“Oh, they made me a CD,” you say. “Can we play it?”

Kai shrugs and goes to put it into the Blue-Ray. A playlist shows up on the screen, the first songs begins playing, and a few seconds later, you and Kai are giggling.

The playlist contains titles such as: Bad Blood, Crimson Wave, Bleeding Out, Let it Bleed, Red Tide, Sunday Bloody Sunday, My Blood, If I Were a Boy, Livin’ on a Prayer, Raining Blood, This is What Makes Us Girls, Young Blood, Pain, Make Me Wanna Die, Give Me Chocolate, and more.

You can’t stop laughing. At some point no sound comes out.

“That reminds me,” Kai says. “I bought chocolate, too.”

You look at him, tears in your eyes from all the laughing, and you nod enthusiastically.

"And they say on the internet that it's good to massage your lower back when you're on your period, so I can do that too."

You burst out crying. "You just want to touch my ," you sob. 

Kai trips over his own feet in a rush to hug you (and to convince you that it's not true).

(Okay, maybe it is true, but it's not like either of you actually cares.)

 

 

 



I had the worst period last week. Like, the last time I got it so horrible was like three years ago. I was into my pillow and taking pills and trying not to die. So obviously I had to write you an entire chapter about blood and pain XD 

And now it's time for 

 

Q&SLAAY
(any Oakley fans out there??) 


Which EXO member is still single, and why is the pack so adorable???
Sehun: *raises hand*
Chen: I'm single!
Kyungsoo: Me too.
Tao: And me. *sighs*.
Yixing: *raises hand shyly*
Tao: *slaps him with a pillow* Don't pretend you're single.
Yixing: Well I'm not plural!
The Pack: *squints at him in confusiun*
Yixing: Fine, I'm in a--something. Stop staring.

 

Question for Kai: Have you ever tried to sneak into a room when Dal was changing and trying to start something at a bad time?
Kai: Never tried to sneak in.
Dal: He does have a bad timing sometimes, though *glances at Kai*
Kai: *turns his head away, blushing*

 

And is there a chance Kyuhyun will come back for a holiday?
Kai: Yeah, surely!
Dal: If you haven't noticed yet, Donghae has a tendency of giving us stuff randomly. That includes his son.

 

A question for authornim! Can we have other universe Jongin's side of the story on how Yunji felt about JongIn leaving her and how she managed to open the portal to get him back?
Me: I might write it, but I'm not promising anything!

 

When will Amber end up with Baekhyun???
Baekhyun: *frowns* *glances at Amber*
Amber: *stares at you with a quirked brow* Are we really this subtle? Who would've thought.
Baekhyun: *leans in to plant a wet kiss on Amber's neck*
Amber: Ewww get awayyy!



To da Pack: Did you guys ever get bullied or at least help someone???
Luhan: I used to get bullied back in middle school. But I had my best bros by my side and they helped me through.
Yixing: *smiles widely* *high-fives Xiumin*
Chen: *pats Luhan's back* We got you!
Suho: I don't think we had that problem. Although Dal had some unpleasant experiences with some girls at school.
Baekhyun: Still, we were scary enough to other people for them to keep away, most of the time.
Chanyeol: And sure we helped. As much as we could, that is.

 

To pack: Has anyone ever seen you go out of control???
Kris: My family.
Chen: Same here. I once scared a classmate by flashing my eyes blue at him, too.
Kai: I never had that much trouble with control.
Dal: I saw you go out of it, though.
The Pack: EWWWW SHUT UP 
Dal: Oh my God, I meant literally!
Baekhyun: How many times do I have to repeat that I don't want any details of your life?!
Dal: THAT WASN'T AN INNUENDO

 

KYUHYUN WHERE ARE YOU I MISS YOU ='(
Kyuhyun: *stares*

 

Is there going to be any naughty chapters ??
Me: Yes.

 

How did Xiumin and Min meet? Tell us a story about themmmmm.
To Sis Ali: Can you make a chapter about Xiumin and his mate? I really want to know what had happened between them.       
Me: Coming up. Chapter 26.
 

How did Dal get her tattoos and how many does she have?
Dal: I got my first, triangle tattoo, back when I was sixteen or so. The rest I got when I was time-travelling, with my dad. I have quite a lot, I never counted them tho. Sometimes I add new ones.

 

Any rated M chapters coming? When will the rest of the pack find their own mates?
And also, any Kai & Dal scenes -cough rated M cough - coming up? :))
Me: Yes. And in the right time :)
 

I want to ask you that, if you would wrote a mate for Sehun, how would her personality be and how would you create their story.
Me: She'd probably be pretty strong-willed and lady-like. But I'm not spoiling anything else besides that.

 

Question to Dal's mom: Dal and Kai are in a relationship now! What do you think? Will Kai make a good son in law ;);) ?
Mrs Park: *looks at Kai*
Kai: *freezes*
Mrs Park: Hmmph.
Kai: *pales*
Dal: *sighs*. Oh, heavens.



Does any of the gang watch Game of Thrones ???
Chanyeol: YOU KNOW NOTHING
Kris: *clasps a hand onto Yeol's face* We all do!

 

To Jongin from the other universe (Mage Jongin): Who do you prefer? Mage!Dal or Wolf!Yunji?
Jongin: The question is, which one do I love?
Kai: Oh my God STOP BEING CHEESY I BEG OF YOU
Chanyeol: Your image just went with smoke, dude.

 

Have you confessed to your Yunji already? ;)
Jongin: That's a secret. *winks*.

 

Question(s) to Kai: What went through your head when you saw different universe Jongin touching Dal? What's your first reaction meeting eye to eye with Alpha Dal?
Kai: There wasn't much going through my head at that time. I literally got so angry I didn't think. Not my brightest moment.
Xiumin: *pats Kai's back*. There, there.
Kai: And I thought that Yunji is pretty badass. I wanted to see which one of us is faster in our wolf form.
Kyungsoo: Oh no, you made Dal sulky!
Kai: *panics*

 

Question to Different Universe Jongin : Have you ever met "the Father"?
Jongin: THE Father? Who's that?

 

Question to Dal : Did you sign up for Police academy yet?
Dal: Soon!

 

To Dal: I sometimes really wonder how you handle the pack hahahah (ahem troublemakers)
Dal: It's a skill.

*a frying pan flies in the background* *glass shatters* *people gasp* 
Dal: *sighs*

 

 To Chanyeol: Poop on the floor? ;A;
Chanyeol: *stares* Okay, what?

 

Question to Kai and Dal: Do you guys ever think about marriage? How about asap?
Kai: *blushes*
Dal: *starts humming, looking away*

 

Question to Sulli: List the top creepy ghosts you've encountered. Let's dim the lights first and light some candles while you tell the story.
Sulli: *shrugs* Sure, why not!
Chanyeol, Suho, Tao: *screams*
Sulli: So there was the ghost that tried to kill me when I was sleeping. Black, yellow eyes, tall--
Chanyeol: *stumbles over Kai to get out*
Sulli: There was the ghost of a girl that died in our school--
Suho: *falls off the couch* *grunts on the floor*
Sulli: I remember that there was one this really weird, short, completely black ghost following me. He had fur all over his body and claws that touched the ground, and the biggest pair of eyes I've ever seen. He always cried.
Tao: *faints*
Kris: Okay, that's our cue!

 

Question to Kai: Why are you so tense all the time? I know you are an alpha and what not but take a chill pill will you? Gotta be cool like Dal. Kudos for you girl!
Kai: That's just my personality.
Dal: Aww. I love when you're tense. I mean, I love when you're not tense, too, I just mean--
Kai: Dal.
Dal: Yes.
Kai: Shut up.
Dal: *grins*

 

To Dal: What do you think of a jealous Kai? *raises an eyebrow*
Dal: Jealousy is a horrible thing to feel. I don't like it.

 

To Kai: Can you be jealous again? You're so cute when you're jealous. <3
Kai: I'd prefer not :( But it's not like I can control it. DON'T CALL ME CUTE

 

Question to Sehun: Have you ever thought about going to medschool?
Sehun: Yeah, but not a chance.

 

Question to the pack: Has anyone ever thought about going to medschool? Come join the slavery!
The Pack: You srs

 

Question to Taelightednim: Can you share us how did this story happened like, is there an idea suddenly popping out in your head to create supranatural themed fanfics like this? And how long/detailed do you do researches for every element in this fanfic? AND HOW DO YOU COPE UP WITH WRITERS BLOCK? sobs.....
Me: You guys can all just call me Ali, you know that right? XD To be honest, I have no idea how RWW even happened. Like sure, I got mildly inspired by Teen Wolf. And I really liked the idea of EXO as werewolves, and so I added an OC and then went with the flow. You could say that this whole fic - including the characters - wrote itself, I'm not kidding. I didn't even realize when it has developed this much.
I had to do some research when it comes to runes and druism. I did spend a few hours doing that. I spent my fair share of time researching some myths, but most of the stuff I've written here is written from my own head anyways. If you want to use RWW as a magic reference or smth, you need to know that most of the things there was the fruit of my own imagnation, so it's not so dependable, lol.
I rarely get writer's block tbh :( Writing comes really easily to me. The only time I can't write is when I'm stressed with something (*ekhem* school *ekhem*). But frankly, I can't do anything remotely productive when I'm stressd, lol. But if I ever feel weak to write, I listen to some epic music. You can go to my account on 8tracks and listen to some of my favorite playlists there! I assure you you'll get a nice inspiration kick :D

 

To The Pack: What you guys usually do when you're together except cuddling?
Suho: Watch movies.
Kris: Talk.
Baekhyun: Discuss TV shows.
Eun: Eat!
Xiumin: Sleep, too.
Sehun: Fight. Spar. Train.

 

To KaiDal: I know you guys have got this one question before. But really, when are you guys will have your child? Or maybe children? XD I just can't wait it anymore! (>_<) lol
Question to Kai & Dal: When will there be little Kai's & Dal's running around? ;)))
Kai: Maybe next time.
Dal: *lols*

 

Question for the Pack: If all of you were Omegas and Kai and Dal were Alphas, whose pack would you rather join in? :D
Baekhyun: Dal's obviously!
Kai: *glares*
Chanyeol: That's an easy choice. *winks at Dal*
Kai: Seriously?!
Sehun: Dal is prettier than you.
Kai: *opens his mouth in silence*
Suho: I'd choose Kai's.
Kyungsoo: Me too.
Baekhyun: Urgh. You guys always have to be so loyal. You just couldn't a little, could you?
Kai: That's not teasing, that's called being mean!
Dal: Does that mean you wouldn't choose me?!
Kai: *rolls his eyes*
Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun: Oops

 

I would like to be your mate, Oh Sehun ;)
Sehun: We'll see.

 

Question to the pack: I need friends like you. ASAP. My friends are all ers and I love ya gais. What do you think?
Xiumin: We're all in for new friends! 

 

Is Sulli and Sehun have "some" going on with them and I know that Dal and Kai had been an official couple but still they feel the tension in the air ??? Coz I still feel it whenever they interact.
Dal: That's a very serious question.
Kai: That we can't reply to.
Luhan *from the kitchen*: We die because of that tension every day!!


To Suho: what do you really think of Heejin? is she pretty or what? 
Suho: *scoffs* are you kidding me? Is she pretty or what? Have you seen Heejin? She's the prettiest. Not the reason I like her though.

 

Question to the author: Are you considering bringing any of the other universe characters like Werewolf!Yunji or Mage!Kai back for another chapter? :)
Me: Yes, maybe one day! The possbilities are endless.


To The Pack: Who has the big appetite?
In unison: Tao, definitely Tao.

 

To Sehun: WHY ARE U SUCH A BRAT OMG I LOVE U <333 [comes the real question: what will u do if Kai suddenly just cry on u?]
Sehun: Love you too! *winks*. I'd hug him. Then I'd slap him. But Kai probably wouldn't cry in front of me.

 

Question to Kai: What if Dal was to become lesbian and I stole her from you? [SHE IS JUST SO COOL]
Kai: Thankfully, nobody becomes a lesbian overnight. *smirks*

 

Kai, would you mind if I go for an outing with Dal? And maybe kidnap her from you?
Kai: *glares* You're not kidnapping anybody. *glaring intensifies*

Question for Heejin: Tell us about your first date with Suho, and when did you realise that you love him, eh do you love him? :D
Heejin: Oh, Suho took me to an aquarium for our first date. It was one of the best days in my life! *giggles*. As for the second question, I'm not gonna tell you anything just yet. Not before I tell Suho.


Question for Youngjae: Why did you have that bracelet? Did you notice bad stuff started happening when you got it?
Youngjae: Wait, you mean my wooden bracelet? The one I lost? I got it from a friend when we were kids. It's--wait, why would it have to do anything with my bad luck? *stares in shock*


So Sehun, you have a girl in your mind?
Sehun: *shakes his head* *hums thoughtfully*

 

 

 

 


I think that's around 40 questions. That's a lot wow. Q&A is closed as for now, but I might open it again if you guys feel like asking any new questions at some point. Thanks to everyone that participated :) If you guys ever feel a need to ask a question that you'd like to see in another Q&A, you're free to do so! I'll just write them down and if I get enough, I'll repeat the session.

Thanks for reading strawberry meringues <3 

 

PS Who else is really enjoying Luhan's comeback? I love his new MV.