totally spies

Run A Little Faster


TOTALLY SPIES
 

 


 

"I think we should spy on Daehyun," Eun says one day while she and Chanyeol are watching Bambi. 

"Shh," Chanyeol says, placing his hand over . "I can't hear what Thumper's saying." 

"But Chanyeol," Eun says, tilting her head up so that she can kiss Chanyeol on the chin, then pepper his cheek and his neck with kisses as well. "I think we should spy on Daehyun." 

"But Eun, why? Why o' why, my love?" 

"My instinct tells me he's up to no good, my darlin'," Eun whispers. "Though he be but little, he is fierce." 

"If you're already quoting Shakespeare at least do it right," Chanyeol says with a scoff.

"Boldness be my friend."

"Now you're just throwing random quotes around to make me feel like an idiot."

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

"Eun please."

"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you're unarmed."

"Okay, we're gonna spy on Daehyun! Happy now?" Chanyeol says, throwing his arms out in annoyance. "Please stop quoting Shakespeare." 

"Not even the 'you smiled because you knew'?" Eun asks, grinning up at him. Chanyeol takes a deep breath, seems to think about it for a moment, and then nods. He looks down at her. 

"Yeah, okay," he says. "That one you can quote every day." 

Eun grins even wider and kisses him on the lips. 

 

 

*

 

 

So here they were, spying on Daehyun, who was shopping for groceries and couldn't decide between banana and chocolate milk. 

"I can't believe he has trouble choosing between those two," Chanyeol whispers. 

"I can't believe he even chooses. I'd just buy both," Eun counters. 

"Tell me, why are we really spying on him?" 

"I just really wanted to feel like James Bond." 

"Actually..." 

"Yeah, I know how James Bond works," Eun interrupts him. "I wanted to see how it's like to spy on someone." 

"Why Daehyun though?" 

"He's the most amusing out of the whole bunch," Eun explains. They have to move to the next aisle as Daehyun finally settles for banana milk. "Krystal would know right away if I spied on her. Jessica would kill me if I spied on her. Junsu and Yunho...naw." 

"I'll tell them you find them boring," Chanyeol decides. 

"It's not like they find me interesting." 

"Isn't my interest enough?" 

"Oh, it's more than sufficient. He's heading for the meat." 

"To the meat!" Chanyeol says, making the same pose Superman makes when he's flying, and trots away. Eun guffaws, following him shortly.

 

 

*

 

"I take it back, Daehyun is not amusing at all," Eun says.

"Do you know what's amusing?" Chanyeol asks. "You crouching down in the bushes." 

"Your ears are amusing." 

"My ears are adorable!" Chanyeol gasps, shoving at her. Eun yelps and actually tilts to the side. Chanyeol successfully makes her end up on the ground and she sends him a betrayed look mixed with amusement. "You had that coming." 

Eun kicks him and Chanyeol falls onto his , also yelping. 

"Mom, there's a ert in those bushes over there," a boy says somewhere, and both of them scramble to their feet just as some lady ask her son 'where'. Chanyeol feels like she's gonna be after his blood.

They hide behind a tree, not taking their eyes off Daehyun, who's feeding pigeons from the bench in the park, looking bored. He yawns, says something to the birds, and then talks and talks and talks. 

"What is he saying?" Eun asks. 

"He's talking about weather, how hard it is to be a person, how he wishes to be a pigeon..."

"Poor Dae," Eun says. "Just like I thought." 

"Thought what?" 

"Nothing."

Chanyeol doesn't ask further questions because Eun's dad calls her and she picks up with a chirpy 'hello'. They talk for a while and during that time Chanyeol wonders if he's ever going to tell Eun's parents about the fact that he's a werewolf. What if they get married and have a baby and the baby is a werewolf and then her parents get freaked out because baby werewolf and it's gonna be horrible? 

"Are you projecting again?" Eun asks, tugging at his sleeve. Chanyeol snaps out of his thoughts, looking down at her. He leans in and she frowns. Instead of giving him a kiss, like he wanted, she flicks him on the forehead. "No kissing in public." 

"Like that stopped you before." 

"That was once."

"I'm not projecting," Chanyeol says. "Just thinking. Can you tell me why we're spying on Dae?" 

"No." 

"Oh, okay." 

"He's moving!" 

"Super." 

"Come on," Eun says, grabbing his hand and yanking him towards where Daehyun is walking. They fall into steps behind the boy, keeping their distance, and Eun throws a hood over her head. Chanyeol rolls his eyes at that. "Gotta be stealthy," she whispers.

"You're as stealthy as an elephant in a porcelain store." 

"Not as bad as all the bad guys being so open about their magic and weird things. I'm wondering how magic is still a secret to most humans on Earth. And to think I was one of them, too. How could I be so dumb? In this city?"

"You can't be mad at yourself for that. I mean, we all try to rationalize things. Doesn't matter what you see or experience, your brain is gonna make it look like it's normal, or like you just imagined the whole thing. That way we don't go insane." 

Eun suddenly stops short in her tracks. Chanyeol looks at her. 

"What?" he asks. 

She tilts her head a little. "You know, at first I thought it's dumb that people from Mabeob are so open about magic. I mean, they showed up in the park, right? Didn't care if someone is gonna see them. Same goes to that guy that chased Chen. Up until now, it kinda seemed like...an unwritten rule applying to all magic creatures: keep away from big groups of humans. Unless we're talking rogue werewolf, or something." 

"Okay," Chanyeol says, nodding. They start walking again.

"But these new guys obviously don't care," Eun continues. "They just pop out of nowhere, don't care about people seeing them. That'd make sense, right? They want to kill normal humans. Which is a stupid idea, because there's more normal people than there's magic people, right? But my point is, they won't care if humans see them, and that means that a war could break out. Even before they gather an army of magic creatures. If they're not careful enough, they might make magic known. They wouldn't care. They probably want to do that at some point, on purpose, too." 

"Wow," Chanyeol says, puffing out air. "Imagine normal people finding out, they'd be so freaked out. They'd want to experiment on us. They'd be scared. They'd probably say stuff like 'it's not natural' and 'God doesn't love magic people'," he says, his mind running wild about the whole thing. Dozens of different ideas pop up in his mind. "Do you think some kind of magical racism would be born?" 

"If this is what they're trying to do then we better stop them before they get to do it," Eun says quietly. Then, after a few seconds that seem very intense, she speaks up again. "See, we should do this 'Totally Spies' thing more often. Good things come out of it." 

"Not if I can't kiss you in public. Also, there were cool gadgets in 'Totally Spies', and I don't assume you have a laser lipstick?" 

"You'll never know."

 

 

 

 


Have some EunYeol fluff.
How's 2016 going for you?