secrets

Run A Little Faster

SECRETS

 


 

Siwon dreams of your dad. He screams out his name - Sae Ryun - as he wakes up with a startle, his skin covered with sweat. He gasps for air, darkness enveloping him, heart beating hard in his chest. He rubs his face with his hand violently, trying to get rid of the pieces and bits of the dream still lingering in his head, behind his closed eyes. He lets out a shaky breath, his best friend's massacred face flashing in his mind.

"Damn it, Sae..." he whispers, tears filling his eyes. "Damn you." 

"Siwon?" a female voice next to him says. He looks at her, tired, hair in complete disarray. He can barely see her in the darkness, but her half-open eyes are glistering. "What are you doing? Go back to sleep." 

"I'll be back," Siwon says. "You sleep." 

She watches him for a moment before humming and turning onto the other side. Siwon watches as her breathing evens out and only then he leaves the bed, heading for the balcony.

Cold, crisp night air hits him and his , sweaty skin. He grabs a cigarette from the windowsill and lights it with a lighter once he leans against the rails. He focuses on the taste of the smoke and the burn of his lungs. 

He and Sae Ryun used to smoke after particularly nasty battles. The taste of cigarettes always reminded Siwon about all the stuff they've been through together. He felt like a veteran of sorts. 

"Are we playing hide and seek?" he says to the darkness. As on cue, someone lands next to him, their long robe twirling around their feet. Siwon lifts his eyes to look at Father. "What do you want?" 

"Talk," Father replies. 

"Oh?" Siwon snorts. "I thought you were above that." 

"This is about..." 

"I don't want to hear any of your , Sung." He takes a deep inhale of the smoke, almost choking on it; he hasn't smoked in a while. He lets it out slowly, closing his eyes. Father makes some kind of a cut-off noise, so before he can talk, Siwon interrupts him. "You shouldn't have come here. You shouldn't have come here at all. You should've stayed hidden and left these kids alone." 

"They're safer when I'm around," Sung says. Siwon frowns and sends him a look. The man is wearing a black robe. His hair still looks ridiculous - Siwon can't quite get used to his man bun. Especially with all the colorful beads he puts into it. "You know that." 

Siwon inhales smoke again, watching him carefully - his sharp eyes, tired face, muscular shoulders and neck. "You should've stayed hidden." 

"So you've told me." 

Playing with the cigarette, Siwon scoffs. Then he takes the last inhale of the smoke and throws the cigarette away, watching as it falls and falls until hitting the pavement below the balcony and going off. 

"Siwon," Sung says when Siwon turns on his heel with the intent of going back inside, "listen to me." 

"You can keep it to yourself," Siwon interrupts him, opening the door. "I don't care what you have to say—"

"It's not Sae Ryun." 

Siwon's hand freezes on the balcony's door. He stops in his tracks, heart beating faster in his chest. He tilts his head, barely, to glance at Father. 

"The evil spirit. It's not Sae Ryun," the man tells him. "It's not him."

Siwon feels his shoulders fall. He blinks, turning his head away from Sung, and stares at the glass door. He swallows hard. 

"That's all," Father says. He mutters something under his breath, then he's gone. Siwon's still staring into nothing. 

He walks into the room, closing the balcony door behind himself. As he does, he lets his body tilt forward a bit, until his forehead is leaning over the cold glass, and he breathes out slowly. 

 

 

 

 

 


Can't wait to hear your theories tbh XD

I did more research on Korean education and am thoroughly disappointed with myself for not doing it a year ago (well, two years ago?) when I started writing RWW, lol. 
DO RESEARCH TO YOUR STORIES, CHILDREN. I just read today that one school year in Korea is divided into two semesters, and there's summer vacation in-between them (unless that site tricked me XD). Like. Where I live, winter break divides the semesters, lol.

Forgive me ;_;

Also, I know that my updates are short. I never planned on making this fic as long as RWW. It's basically just all the small ideas I have gathered into one. I'm still glad that most of you seem to enjoy it as it is, in its current form. I'll try to make more double updates in the future.

Love you!