bro

Run A Little Faster

BRO 

 


 

"Kai, Kai, Kai, Kai, Kai," you say, barging into his loft. Choco shows up out of nowhere, attacking you with playful barks and wet kisses, and you crouch down to greet him properly. Kai emerges from the living room, book in hand, and looks at you with a raised brow. "Kai, Kai, Kai, Kai." 

"Yes, I'm here," he sighs, staring you down. 

"I have a physical test text week!" you announce. 

"A physical test?" he mumbles. "Oh. For the police academy." 

"Yeah! If I pass it, I can start studying there! You're gonna drive me there, right? Kaaai." 

Kai takes in your wide smile, shining eyes and messy hair, and nods, smiling a little as well. Choco attacks you then, throwing his paws onto your chest and making you lose balance; you fall back with a yelp, the puppy ending up on top of you - very happily - and groan at the pain when your head hits the floor. Kai laughs out loud.

"Hey," he says after a minute or two, his eyes taking you in, "you do realize that you're not allowed to have tattoos on the force?" 

You freeze, look up at him with fear in your eyes, and look away to swear quietly to yourself.

 

 

*

 

 

Sunggyu - Sehun's roommate - opens the door for you. He greets you with a glare and a very dramatic sigh. You reply to it with a wide smile; Kai doesn't even bother. 

"Come in," the guy says, stepping to the side to let you in. "Sehun is showering." 

The second you close the door behind yourselves, Sunggyu disappears inside his room and locks the door.

"Rude," Kai decides. 

"I didn't expect anything less of him," you inform him, all excited and happy and rocking on the balls of your feet. "I can't wait for him to move out." 

Kai sighs. If you get into the police academy, you'll probably live with Sehun, since your schools will be literally minutes away. Sehun already showed his full support when you told him that you'd like to move in with him once you start your training; he was as happy as ever and hugged you for the next hour. 

You and Kai take off your shoes and go to Sehun's room. You turn on the TV, Kai finds his snacks stash and you open up a bag of chips, and then Sehun emerges from the bathroom, his hair wet. 

"Wazzupp," he greets, pulling both of you into a very wet hug. "Oh how I missed my two disgustingly adorable friends." 

 

 

*

 

 

"You don't look very happy," Sehun decides. Kai glances at him. They're sitting on a bench outside the Police Academy, eating takeout.

"You, on the other side, do," Kai counters. "And you smell like girls." 

Sehun chokes on his food. Kai smirks. 

"I don't smell like girls," Sehun argues. 

"You do," Kai says. "Can't fool me." Sehun doesn't reply at first. He finishes his cheeseburger and takes a sip of coke. 

"Yeah, okay," he says at last. "I made new friends. They're nice." 

Kai looks at him fully. Sehun returns the look. His friend looks sincere, curious, and open, and he doesn't even have to say a word to make Sehun want to spill the beans. 

"I met them in a bar," he explains, rolling his eyes. He hates the fact that Kai makes him want to talk. Ugh. "I mean, two of them. They have rad hair," he adds and pulls out his phone. He finds the photo of Wendy and Irene sitting together next to each other, their backs turned at the camera and their colorful hair tips fully visible; Kai looks at the screen curiously.

"Nice," he sums up. 

"Right? They're cool. There's two more of them and they have colorful hair, too." 

"Crazy." 

Sehun shoots him a look. Kai smirks, that bastard. 

"Seriously though, I'm glad you found some friends," Kai says quickly. "Sunggyu doesn't seem much like a friend material." 

"He's fine," Sehun sighs. "Emo as frick, but bearable. He makes me food sometimes when he doesn't feel grumpy and he made me watch The Office, which is the best thing that has happened to me in a while." 

They fall silent for a while. They share their fries, then exchange their milkshakes and watch people as they walk by. It's comfortable; they both missed it. 

"University ," Sehun decides. "Being away from you guys is dumb." 

"You being away is dumb, too," Kai says. "Never thought I'd say that." 

"Naw, you know you love me, darling," Sehun muses. He dips his fry in the milkshake and eats it whole. Kai makes a face when he sees that. "It'd be really great if Dal could come live with me. Less lonely. For me, that is." 

"Yeah," Kai nods. 

"Is that what you're so worried about?" 

Kai shrugs, then sighs. It's loud and long. "I just...got her. And she's already going away." 

Sehun stops eating, hearing Kai's heart stutter weirdly in his chest. He puts the fries away, chewing on the last few bites and staring at his best friend and wondering how the hell the dude hasn't yet worried himself to death. 

"I'm sending mental hugs," he says. 

"Thanks," Kai deadpans. 

"You know, she will learn how to teleport eventually. And you won't be that far away from her. Two hours and you're here." 

"I know, but still."

"You want a real hug?" 

"No, you've got grease all over your fingers."

"Later on, then? Bro?" 

"Sure, bro." 

"Bro," Sehun preens. They both burst out laughing. 

That's the moment you decide to come out of the building, holding a folder in your hand and smiling like an idiot. By the way you're running towards them (your duffel bag bouncing off your very awkwardly)  the boys conclude that you got in, so they get up and start hooting at you. Then you throw yourself at Kai (previously abandoning your bag) and he spins you in his arms as you laugh. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Happy EXO anniversary! I know I'm late XD
Love you caramel tapioca puddings ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ