anti-bullying squad

Run A Little Faster

ANTI-BULLYING SQUAD

 


 

It's the end of May. Minjoon is explaining something to Heejin, and they've decided to just spread their textbooks all over Tao's desk, and he's practically squished between the two. The good thing is, Heejin brought food. And Heejin's food is always good. 

Tao hears some gasps and cut-off sounds outside the classroom, then, and is immediately on full alert. He raises his head to peek through the windows and look at what's happening in the corridor. He sees some guy run by, another one following him. They both disappear as soon as they appeared, and Tao is left frowning.

"Who was that?" he asks, taking note of the fact that Minjoon and Heejin are both looking at the corridor, too. They turn to look at him. 

"Jihoo was probably doing something dumb again," Minjoon says, sulking a little and huddling over his books again. "Where were we?" he asks Heejin. The girl is deeply in  her thoughts, though, and doesn't seem to hear him. "Heejin?" 

She blinks, looking at him. "Ah, right. Sorry." 

"Who's Jihoo?" Tao asks, frowning. 

"He's a second-year," Minjoon explains. "You don't know him?"

"Should I?" 

"Figures," Minjoon says, shrugging. "He probably doesn't pick on people stronger than him." 

"He picks on students?" Tao asks. Minjoon and Heejin both nod solemly. 

"Mostly on boys," Heejin speaks up. "But he's overall a jerk. Minjoon could feel his wrath a few times last year. Then I guess Jihoo calmed down a little." 

"Or," Minjoon says, squinting at Tao, "he got scared of Tao. I mean, I was one of his regulars." 

"That sounds like he's a hooker," Tao snorts. Minjoon goes red and Heejin laughs. "I get it though. I'm glad he doesn't bully you anymore." 

"I wouldn't call it bullying," Minjoon says. "He's just mean." 

"That's bullying," Heejin says sternly. "I think he has issues. I heard he's pretty competitive with his older brother." 

"Doesn't mean he has issues," Tao points out. "Hm. Should I do something about it?" 

"About what?" 

"Jihoo. Has he hurt anyone?" 

"He never gets physical," Minjoon says, shaking his head. "He likes to scare people, though." 

"And tease them," Heejin says. Tao looks at them both.

"You knew about that and didn't tell me?" he asks. "Especially you, Minjoon. You could've told me."

"Well, the fact that you spend time with me is enough," Minjoon says. "Not that I'm spending time with you because it scares Jihoo off—"

"Naw, I wouldn't think that."

"I'm just saying."

Heejin laughs. "You're both very cute." 

"You're cuter," Tao says. Minjoon nods enthusiastically. The bell rings.

 

 

 

*

 

 

"Does Jihoo have any friends?" Tao asks one day during lunch. Heejin is munching on an apple. 

"Not that I know of," she says. 

"That's weird. Bullies usually have their clique, right?" Tao asks. 

"I think that's just a TV thing," Minjoon says. "Although...okay, no, not necessarily."

"Why are you asking?" Heejin questions. Tao nods at something behind her, and she looks over her shoulder, subtly, to see Jihoo sitting alone at one of the tables. He's wearing his uniform messily, with his tie barely thrown over his neck, and he has a cut on his lower lip. "Ouch. Cut lip again?" 

Tao hums. "He looks a bit...pitiful." 

Minjoon chokes on his water. "Him?" he asks, pointing a finger at Jihoo and not caring if he sees. "Pitiful? In what world?!"

"He just looks sad," Tao says, shrugging. "I'm gonna go talk to him." 

And with that, he picks up his food tray and stands up. 

Minjoon grabs his arm, fear in his eyes. 

"You can't be serious," he says.

"What is he gonna do to me?" Tao asks, shrugging. "Come on, Minjoon. He's sad and lonely." 

"He's a thug," Minjoon hisses. 

"You thought I was a thug, too," Tao points out, raising a brow at him. Minjoon stutters and lets go of him, dumbfounded.

"But—"

"Don't worry," Tao says, winking at him. "If you see him punching me, you can start to worry." 

Minjoon and Heejin both watch as Tao walks over to Jihoo's table, completely nonchalant. 

"Okay," Heejin says, picking up her tray as well. "Let's go." 

Minjoon lets out a high-pitched squeal that makes everyone at their table turn their heads at him in surprise. Heejin starts shushing him and Minjoon just grabs her arm in panic, trying to make her sit back down. "You can't do that!" 

"I can't leave Tao alone!" she says, succesfully getting out of his grip. "If he's gonna be best friends with a school bully, so am I." 

"Do you realize how dumb that sounds?" Minjoon asks, glancing at Jihoo. The guy is staring up at Tao, who's standing next to the table, and he looks very confused and very angry. He scoffs at something Tao says and goes back to eating. Tao uses that moment to sit on the opposite chair. Minjoon then sees Heejin trotting over to their table and has a mental breakdown. "Jesus—ugh!" 

He takes his tray and catches up to Heejin. He practically throws his food on Jihoo's table, making him and Tao jump a little, and sits down angrily, shooting daggers at Jihoo. Heejin joins him on his right, sitting down with a stupid smile. 

"Don't try anything weird," Minjoon says, pointing an accusing finger at Jihoo, who chokes on his food. Minjoon is freaking out inside.

 

 

*

 

 

"So Tao made a friend," Heejin says, trying to open a pack of biscuits. "Before you say anything, let me just tell you: his name is Jihoo and he's the school bully." 

"That sounds like Tao," Suho says, smiling on the girl's computer screen. "How's Minjoon handling that?

"He's paranoid and scared as frick."

"Classic."

"Jihoo isn't that bad, though, turns out," Heejin explains. "Just super misunderstood and very socially awkward."

She finally gets the biscuits open, but she spills them all in the process. She lets out a yelp. "Oh no." 

Suho laughs at her for ages.

 

 

 

 

 


 

love you kinder buenos 

(also, sorry for not adding an A/N before, I didn't have time orz YOU ALL GOT WORRIED XD)