unconditional friendship

Run A Little Faster

 

UNCONDITIONAL FRIENDSHIP

 


 

“Guys,” Xiumin says, entering the living room. You don’t hear him at first, too busy arguing over who plays Joker better – Leto or Ledger – and because everyone is screaming (as per usual) but then his voice grows distressed. “Guys!”

You all snap your heads at him. Yixing is still trailing off.

“Heath is a freaking legend and his portrayal of Joker might be the best portrayal of any villain in a movie, ever—“

Kris slaps him on the back of the head. Yixing looks at him, offended. Kris points at Xiumin, “He’s talking to us!” he says. “Also, the best villain ever has to be Kingpin.”

“Guys!” Xiumin says. “We’re out of instant noodles!”

“Nooo,” you say just as the rest groans in unison. “But I re-stocked last week!”

“Emergency trip!” Chen announces, standing up from the floor. “I’m calling dibs on the shopping cart!”

“Uncalled for!” Kyungsoo screams, also standing up.

“Shotgun!” Kai screams, propping himself on Kris’s back so that he can stand up in the beeline to the door.

“Okay, then I’m going too,” Taemin says, rolling his eyes.

“We’re out of chips too,” Xiumin tells them as they begin to put on their shoes. “You guys know it’s 1 am though, right?”

They all moan, annoyed, because now they have to go all the way to the gas station.

 

 

*

 

 

“Oh my god, Amber, get your elbow out of my eye,” you say.

“Sorry, sorry!” Amber screams and elbows Kyungsoo as she snaps her arm away from you. “, sorry, Soo!”

“My nose!” Kyungsoo wallows. “Is it bleeding?!”

“Let me see,” Kai says, squeezing himself between Luhan and Kris and making them both grunt. “No, it’s not,” he says, cupping Kyungsoo’s face a little. “But you look like Rudolf.”

“ off,” Kyungsoo laughs. Kai goes to straighten up and ends up bumping into Kris with his head. They both moan in pain.

“Oh my gosh,” Chanyeol says. “Can you guys stop moving around? I want these photos taken!”

Just as he says it, the camera in the parikura photo booth goes off, and they, all crammed in it, don’t even see it coming. Yixing accidentally steps on Chen’s foot, Chen elbows Sulli in the ribs, Sulli falls onto Luhan, Luhan tilts to the side, head-butting Kris (again) and Kris all but lunges forward and falls onto your back, kicking both Baekhyun and Amber in the shin. You groan in pain, all of you, as the camera takes the photos.

“God dammit,” Kris says, still hanging off of you, and as he tries to stand up, he pushes you onto the wall. You get knocked off your feet.

“I want to add the sparky hearts decorations!” Yixing screams from somewhere in the booth.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“Oh gosh,” you mutter, exiting the bathroom, hair wrapped in a towel. Taemin and Kai are sitting on the floor, both holding game controllers in their hands, and both going at it in Super Smash Bros. “You two again?!”

“It’s always these two in the end,” Kris says from the couch, yawning. Luhan is asleep on top of him. Chen is sleeping on the couch’s support, and Xiumin – on the armchair. The rest – Amber, Baek, Kyungsoo, Sulli, Min, Heejin and Suho – are playing cards on the dining table.

You look at Taemin and Kai laughing like two idiots, fighting over who wins the weekly gaming tournament, and you smile to yourself.

 

 

*

 

 

 

“Don’t you point that sprinkler at me,” you say, raising your finger up at Tao threateningly. “Don’t you ing dare—“

He does anyway. And Eun helps him, that traitor.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“This is like, the seventh time,” Luhan says, “That we got kicked out for ‘disrupting the public’,” he quotes, casting an angry glance back at the restaurant you’ve just been in. You sigh loudly. “I didn’t even get to finish my food, and it was really good, and now we can’t even go back there! At some point there’ll be no restaurants we can eat in!”

“It’s because you guys are way too loud,” Eun points out. “You literally can’t shut up and you laugh like whales.”

“Don’t whales laugh really tenderly?” Yixing questions.

“How can a laugh be tender?” asks Tao.

“Okay, then you all laugh like hyenas!” Eun says, throwing her arms up and laughing. “Where to? McDonald’s?”

“KFC,” Chanyeol says, shaking his head.

“Burger King,” Sehun counters. “Man, I haven’t been to Burger King in ages!”

“Can’t we eat something normal for once?” Sulli asks. “Like sushi, or something?”

“I’ll make you sushi tomorrow,” Kyungsoo promises. “Now I really need a greasy burger.”

“Burger King it is!” Sehun cheers, throwing his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders and kissing him on the top of his head soundly.

“Eww,” you all groan, smiling stupidly.

 


 

*

 

 

“Dal,” Taemin prompts, poking you on the head. You’re reading, and you hum a little to him. “Dal, look at me, this is serious.”

“Wait,” you say. “Just this one line—“

“I have to go to the hospital,” Taemin says. You frown, uninterested with the book all of a sudden, and you look up at him. “Nothing serious, just a yearly check-up, or something, but I ing hate hospitals, and I don’t want Kai to know that I’m scared, so. Can you go with me?”

You stare at him for a few seconds, gaping, but then you nod enthusiastically.

Frankly, you’d go anywhere with him, or any of the boys, unconditionally. They could ask you to “go check out that dumpster over there with me” and you’d go, “I’m in”, because this is what you all are. Because you’re lucky enough to have these people you would go anywhere with.

 

 



SO. Double update! Because I love you :D Here's some pack fluff for you all.
From another news, RWW is getting translated again! This time into Italian. Do check it out: [x]. I'm actually excited for it because I love Italian so freaking muchhhh

Thanks for reading white chocolate and pistachio dipped cookies!