full moon

Run A Little Faster

 

FULL MOON

 


 

“I know it’s the full moon,” Sehun says, squeezing the bridge of his nose. “I still can’t come, though. I have an exam the following morning. I have to study. And I wouldn’t make it in time if I stayed the night at Kai’s, anyway. I’m not the Flash- people can still see me when I run with werewolf speed.”

“Buuuuut,” you despair, “we always spend the full moons together!”

“I’ll be alright,” Sehun assures you.

“I don’t doubt that,” you reply. “But it’ll be sad without you. It won’t be the same. We all looked forward to you coming.”

“I’ll visit once I pass all the exams, okay?” he says tiredly. “It’s just one full moon, you’ll live. I miss you guys too.”

You pout.

“I have to go, I have a lecture in like, fifteen minutes,” Sehun says. “And I still want to grab coffee on my way.”

You sigh loudly. “Go, educate yourself.”

“Love you!” he says and disconnects the Skype. He takes his earphones off just to hear a heartbeat and turns in his seat, meeting his roommate with his eyes.

Sunggyu is an interesting guy. He’s a closeted Shakespeare fan, as Sehun learned recently, and is as emo as anyone can be. He complains and laments a lot and is quite a , actually. If Sehun’s self-esteem wasn’t as good as it is, he’d probably spiral into depression living with him.

But Sehun was never known for giving a damn about what people think or say about him. Not like he needs people outside his pack, anyway.

Hm. Sehun might be a little bit of a , too.

“Creepy much?” he asks Sunggyu, who’s frozen in the corridor, just staring at him.

“Was that your girlfriend?” Sunggyu asks, taking off his shoes, finally moving again. Sehun turns away from him to hibernate his laptop and grab his stuff.

“No,” he replies, “that was my friend.”

“You said you love her.”

“I do. Just not in a girlfriend-y kind of way.”

Sunggyu hums. Sehun frowns, throws some notebooks and pens into his backpack and unplugs his laptop from the wall before going out. He sends Sunggyu the most charming smile he can muster, praying for the semester to go faster so that Sunggyu can move out.

 

 

*

 

 

 

Sehun feels quite lonely. It’s almost 6 pm, he’s alone in his apartment, the sun is slowly setting, and it’s very quiet. Two minutes ago Chanyeol sent him a photo of the pack all huddled together around the TV with a text ‘we love you, buddy!’ attached to it and his heart might’ve stuttered a little.

So now he can’t quite focus on chemistry, dammit.

There’s a knock to his door. He frowns, wondering if Sunggyu has forgotten his keys, and he stands up, joints objecting. He spends way too much time in a sitting position lately.

He opens the door to find—nobody on the other side. His werewolf senses go sharp at once, finding it weird, but he can’t pick up a single weird scent or sound. He looks down to see an arrow drawn on the floor, though, pointing the elevator, obviously telling him to go inside it.

He frowns deeply, staring at it for a few seconds. He goes back into the apartment, grabbing his jacket, phone, keys and a silver dagger with runes engraved in it, the one you gave him. As much as he likes his claws and canines, you never know who – or what - you might meet on an evening stroll through the park. He leaves the apartment, locking the door, and enters the elevator. There’s an arrow drawn on the wall pointing to the ground floor button, so he pushes the button and waits, heart beating in his chest. He wonders if he knows any creatures that can hide their smell, but the possibilities are pretty much endless; if someone wants to learn how to hide it hard enough, they will.

The elevator doors ping open. He steps out, another arrow drawn with chalk on the floor. It’s pointing at the door, so he goes out. The sky is already pretty dark, sun setting quickly. Once he’s out of the building, he sees another arrow pointing left and towards the park beside his apartment block. He swallows hard, but something in his gut tells him that he has nothing to be afraid of.

He follows the arrows, not looking up until he spots the last one on the pavement, and only then he glances up.

And only then the smell and the sound of heartbeats overwhelm him a little, together with the sight in front of him.

“You thought we’re gonna leave you?” Kris calls from where he’s spread out on the blankets in the middle of the park, grinning. Luhan lies next to him, head on Kris’s thigh, and he looks up to smile at Sehun. Chanyeol, Suho, Chen and Yixing all sit up when they finally see Sehun; Sulli, Amber, Baekhyun, you, Xiumin and Min all giggle at him.

You’re all there. Lying on blankets, in the middle of the park. With candles set out around you, most of them put into little jars so nothing accidentally gets set on fire. There’s a freaking picnic basket – no, wait, three picnic baskets – in between the bodies.

“Are you guys trying to hit on me?” he asks loudly, waving his hand at the tiny lights and the overall romantic atmosphere. He stalks closer to them. “Because I’ll have you know, I’m a man that’s very hard to please—oomph.” Luhan grabs him by his wrist, dragging him into the pile, and he lands half on Kyungsoo, half on Kai, and someone ruffles his hair.

“It’s the evening, losers,” he says.

“You don’t say,” Sulli replies.

“You can’t just have a picnic in the middle of the night!”

“You’re not the Alpha of me,” Amber says, making everyone laugh. Sehun laughs as well, hiding his face in his palms, and then everyone starts talking and giggling and tickling each other and someone pulls out food out of the baskets and—

Sehun is happy.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“Okay, okay, but Sehun accidentally making that little kid cry that one time,” you say, voice booming, trying to be louder than the rest. You’ve moved from the park to Sehun’s apartment and spread out in the living room. Amber is trying to turn on the Blue-Ray that neither Sehun nor Sunggyu have used even once. “That was probably the most awkward situation I’ve seen him in.”

“The best thing was that we were actually in the middle of a chase back then,” Suho points out. “What were we after?”

“An omega,” you recall. “Sehun jumped through a fence and landed in front of some tiny kid. And it was a tall fence, I don’t think the kid saw it coming.”

“If I was him I’d think I was Superman,” Sehun muses.

“The kid started crying and Sehun tried to calm him down, but only made matters worse,” Suho continued.

“Suho and I panicked because Sehun panicked and everyone suddenly forgot about the Omega, and then the kid’s mom came running from the house with a spatula in her hand.”

“And she also let out a dog.”

The boys burst out laughing.

“I remember Dal giving Sehun feathers,” Baekhyun says with a smirk.

“Oh noo!” you and Sehun scream in unison, and also hide your faces in embarrassment at the same time. The rest just howl at your reaction alone.

“He looked like a freaking pigeon,” Kyungsoo laughs.

“We couldn’t change him back for a week,” Kai chuckles. At this point, Chanyeol is wheezing.

“Okay, I give up!” Amber shouts suddenly. You all look at her in confusion. She glares at the Blue-Ray, seemingly not realizing she accidentally got your attention. “You know what,” she says to the TV, “I’m not gonna babysit you.”

She rubs her hands together for a few seconds, everyone staring at her, and then you all see a blue spark coming from between her fingers; she suddenly hits the TV screen with her open palm and the Blue-Ray lets out a whirring sound suddenly, coming to life.

You all stare.

"Did you just..." Luhan starts, "...trick a machine into thinking it's working?"

Amber blinks at him, then looks at the Blue-Ray, and then back at you.

"Indeed I did," she gasps, surprised. And that's your cue to let out a loud ‘whooooaahh’ and the whole room goes wild.

Sunggyu walks into the apartment just as Baekhyun and Xiumin launch Amber off the floor on their shoulders, screaming something and dancing a victory dance that looks like a pair of chickens running in circles. He gapes.

“Sunggyu!” Sehun shouts, noticing the boy.

“What,” Xiumin says and stumbles over Eun’s leg.

Amber hits the chandelier with her forehead, squeals and falls off Xiumin’s and Baekhyun’s shoulders; Yixing manages to come to her rescue, catching her bridal-style, and jumps back when Xiumin suddenly lands at his feet.

You all look at the unfamiliar, human guy in the corridor.

Sunggyu just looks at you all, eyes taking in every person in the room. When he’s done, he takes off his shoes, places the keys on the shelf, glares at you, and retreats to the safety of his own room.

You stay frozen for a few more seconds. Then Yixing screams, “win!” and Amber throws her arms around his neck, replying with, “My hero!”.

Sehun gets dragged down onto the floor between Chen and Eun just as Kingsman starts on the TV screen.

 

 

 


So I was feeling very artistic and I've been obessing over a few songs lately, and I kinda made another RWW playlist? Only this time it's all about Dal. It's a magic playlist, idk. It's Dal's soundtrack basically and it's all about girl power, tbh. You can listen to it here (I can insert it directly, which is weird): 

I'm leaving for three days this Friday, which means I won't be around when the Saturday/Sunday update comes around. I'll reply to all your comments on Monday! Thanks for reading orange popsicles! :)