First Day of School Part 1

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Hani got off the plane, she followed the address that her Dad wrote on a piece of paper. She flagged for a taxi and handed the driver the paper. He raised a brow but did not say anything.

 

Hani dozed off in the taxi and after 30 minutes, she was awakened by the calling of the driver.

 

"Miss, it's here." The driver called out loudly.

 

"Oh okay." She rubbed her tired eyes and handed the driver twenty dollars from her purse.

 

"Sorry miss but it is an additional of ten dollars." The driver replied, rubbing the nape of his neck, feeling embarassed as he notices her old and dirty clothes, not to mention the dried up blood on her hand and her exhausted face. He did not want to take money from a poor girl but he had a family to feed. 

 

Hani stuck her hand into her bag in search of more money and was relieved to find a ten dollar note. She passed the driver the remaining money and thanked him. The driver drove off quickly.

 

When she got out of the taxi, she understood why the driver had gave her a funny look initially when she showed him the address.

 

The street was deserted and unoccupied, and held only a few rundown houses which were the size of her bedroom back in Korea. It seemed as though nobody stays there and there wasn't the usual passing of cars. 

 

Hani made her way to her house and spotted a puppy sitting outside of the door of her house. It was a white pomeranian with no collar on its neck, most likely a stray or an abandoned. The puppy did not bark when she sees Hani, however, she walked towards her and her leg.

 

"Poor doggie. Don't you have a home? It's alright. I'll take care of you." Hani carried the dog and realised that she is very light, probably due to the fact that it has not been eating well. Hani could feel the fleas in her fur and noticed that the nails of the puppy were long and dirty. With another hand, Hani fumbled with the door keys and inserted it into the door hole. It opened with a click.

 

The house was dirty and filled with dust, and contains of a bed, a small desk, a toilet and a stove. Hani put her bag and luggage in a corner and stares at her tiny house. There was so many things that she needed to buy - new mattress, new chairs, clothes for herself, probably some cooking equipment. She had to clean the funitures and scrub the floor and windows. 

 

But of all that, she went to find a pet store to get the puppy medications and a collar.

"Kris, baby! Wait for me!" Krystal, aka the mean lady, calls out as she rushes to catch up with Kris. Much to her dismay, he begans to walk even faster, pretending to ignore her. What a , Kris thought to himself, tripping a lady and feigning ignorance, what exactly did I see in her anyway? The thought of it makes him even madder.

 

"Baby!" She whined, stamping her foot. Kris stopped in his track, turned around and gave her an annoyed face. She ran towards him. 

 

"Stop following me. Go back home." Kris replied, waving his hand as an indication for her to leave.

 

"Nooo! Baby, are you angry? Don't be angry." She pouted and reached out to grab his hand. 

 

"Get lost." Kris said sternly, sending her a warning look, before walking off nonchalantly.

 

"Hmph!" Krystal huffed and stormed off. Neither of them turning back to look at one another.

 

That night, Kris send a text to Krystal asking for a breakup.

 

They lasted less than a week. 

Before going to bed, Hani takes out her diary from her luggage and started scribbling all the things she need to do:

1. Buy a mattress and bed sheets 

2. Buy paint for walls and paint roller

3. More dog food 

4. Find a part-time job (extremely important)

The list just kept going on and on and Hani eventually falls asleep. The puppy lay next to her, all clean from the bath she had provided for it. At the bottom of the page, Hani wrote something encouraging for herself, just like how she always does.

"Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. Fighting, Hani! :)" 

First day of school are always the hardest, that's what everyone says. But what's worse than being a transfer student in a new school, when everyone has their own group of friends and their clique, and there's you, confused and alone, wandering around like a lost pathetic kid. That was how Hani felt. 

 

Okay relax Hani, she thought as she stood at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter