Nightmares

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30

Nightmares

"HAHAHAHA!" Kris burst out laughing, slapping his knee. He pointed at the television while holding onto his stomach, collapsing onto the sofa.

 

"Kris, I thought you hated comedy shows," Katherine stared at her lunatic brother, her arms folded. She was initially studying in her room but found it impossible to do so with her crazy brother laughing at the top of his lungs.

 

"No, you don't understand. This is the funniest ever," He stated before erupting into laughters again. Katherine rolled her eyes.

 

"Yes, I'm obviously not getting it. That is by far the lamest thing," Katherine said sharply, "Are you perhaps bipolar?"

 

Kris was no longer watching the television. In fact, his mind has trailed off somewhere else and he is smiling to himself like an idiot, "No I'm not. Are you crazy?"

 

Kris has absolutely no idea how crazy he looks right now. Chuckling and grinning, looking way too happy in comparison to what he was a few days ago. They say love could change a person overnight. It's proven true. 

 

"Look who's talking. I mean, you seemed like a zombie for the past week and now you are totally a new person, a new character..." She hesitated before continuing, "You sure you don't need to see a psychiatrist?"

 

"I'm perfectly fine and do you maybe, have the number of the discipline master?"

 

"Why do you need that for? You aren't the sort to get into trouble." She raised a brow at him.

 

"You asked too much. Just give it to me," He groaned. She exhaled a long breath before writing it down on a piece of scrap paper.

 

"You are so weird these days," she voice out, shaking her head. She handed Kris the slip of paper and he slot it into his pocket, making a mental note to phone that number later.

 

"Now buzz off, sister. You are blocking the screen," he waved her away. She sighed loudly and proceeded back into her room.

 

"That guy is definitely in love," she said softy to herself.

Since the finals are over, Hani goes back to working at the seafood restaurant that Baekhyun had recommended. As promised, Baekhyun would bring her there on his car since he claimed that he would be passing by the area.

 

When the school bell rang, marking the end of school, Hani packed her stuff hurriedly and sped off to look for Baekhyun. 

 

Kris wanted to have a word with her but she vanished before he could even call her.

 

Determined, Kris rushed off to see where she had disappeared to. 
 

He walked pass the hallway, sprinted pass the cafeteria but Hani was nowhere to be found.

 

"Seems like I'm always a step behind," Kris sighed disappointedly before dragging his feet out of school. 

 

Kris stopped in his tracks when he saw Hani standing beside Baekhyun, chatting happily with his car behind of them. Baekhyun was leaning onto his car in a cool manner, obviously trying to impress her. 

 

Kris almost tripped as his speed decelerated to zero suddenly but regained his balance. Besides, King Wu never falls down. 

 

His blood started to boil as he sees Baekhyun opening the door of the car for Hani. Why is she getting onto Baekhyun's car? Didn't she remember that we kissed yesterday? 

 

Kris bolted towards them, acting rashly without much thinking.

 

"Hey bro, I'm afraid I have to borrow Hani for awhile because I have something to tell her," Kris said confidently, pulling Hani towards him. She gave him a weird stare and he mouthed, the answer key and she nodded her head.

 

"So Hani won't be able to take your car but don't worry, I'll sent her off safely to her workplace," Kris assured with a slight arrogance in his voice. His hand was already on Hani's wrist, pulling her towards him slightly.

 

"Well, since it seemed important, alright then," Baekhyun gave Hani a small wave before stuffing his hands into his pockets, heading to his car.

 

"What do you have to tell me?" Hani asked Kris once Baekhyun had left. 

 

Unsure of what to say, Kris quickly her into his car, "Get into my car first."

 

"Wait-" Hani tried to protest but Kris was already dragging her towards his car. Hani wasn't able to see his face, but Kris was grinning to himself. 

 

Strangely, sitting in the passenger seat of Kris' car felt so familiar, as though she had sat on this seat before. She struggled to recall but couldn't. 

 

Kris looked through the rear view mirror and saw Hani's book and the new copy that he bought, lying on the back seat of the car, exposed and noticeable. He had left it back there when he got his car fixed, so that he could bring it along with him and read it whenever he is free. He gasped, a gush of panic overtakes his body.

 

Discreetly and cautiously, he faked a yawn, bending his back backwards and stretching his arms wide to push to books away 'till it is no longer in sight. 

 

Thankfully, Hani was paying much attention as she used her index finger to wipe the car window and realised that there wasn't a speck of dust. As always, Kris keeps his things clean, including himself.

 

Kris felt every muscle in his body relaxed as he lay comfortabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter