A Dreadful Day

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

A Dreadful Day

It was 6 in the morning when Hani got up. She woke up with a terrible headache and was still in her school uniform. With one eye closed, she scanned her surroundings and recalled her dozing off in class last night. 

 

Upon getting up from the dirty floor, she spotted Kris lying beside her, soundly asleep. Messy hair, crumpled shirt, mouth slightly opened and lying restlessly on the floor. Despite all that, he still looks good. 

 

Hani wanted to nudge Kris to wake him up but what are they going to say to each other after sleeping together for a night? She shook her head lightly, packed her stuff and left quietly.

 

When it was 8am, Hani went back into school as though she hasn't spent a night sleeping in class. She had went home to bathe and get a change of clothes. Haris barked happily when she sees her, almost relieved as she thought her owner had abandoned her.

 

To her surprise, Kris was already in class, dressed in a flesh new set of uniform and black leather pants, sitting on his chair with a four figure leg cross position that he always does.

 

"Class, today we are going to change the seating rrangements. Every month, the seating arrangement will change but not everyone would be shifted somewhere else." The teacher announced.

 

Hani tensed. She was happy sitting here. She doesn't want to be moved somewhere else when she can no longer talk to Kris. She would get so bored and lonely.

 

"Sehun and Amber, please switch." Upon hearing that, there were some cheers and some groans from the class. Some were unhappy at the change, some were overjoyed. Hani heaved a sigh of relief; her name wasn't called yet.

 

Kris, on the other hand, was anxious as well. He was afraid Hani would be shifted to another seat, far away from him. She is the only person he bothered to talk to. The rest of the students in class are inconsequential to him. Tao watched Kris closely as he constantly fiddled with his fingers, cracking them from time to time, an obvious sign that he is nervous and worried.

 

"Mark and Jackson, please change." 
 

It went on for a few rounds. Hani would become rigid then returned to her relaxed state.

 

Finally, the teacher declared the last pair. Hani straightened up and chewed on her teeth. Kris leaned forward, rocking his chair back and forth, fidgeting uncomfortably in his seat.

 

"Lastly, Kris and Tao, please swap." 

 

Hani's body went cold. What?!

 

She was too fearful to be shifted away that she overlooked the possibility of Kris being the one instead. 

 

Hani's face went paled, she was motionless as though her brain had been short-circuited. She did not even realized that she was biting her tougue the entire time. 

 

Kris started clearing all his stationary and books and packed them into his bag neatly. He appeared emotionless and unaffected, but was equally surprised and shocked as Hani. She watched him leave and plopped down on Tao's seat, which was beside of Krystal's. Now Krystal and Kris are sitting somewhat beside of each other, at the other end of the room, far away from Hani. It felt like they were spiltted and categorized into two different spheres.

 

Krystal seemed to be delighted at the news. She grinned widely, the corners of curled upwards and she was clapping in sheer excitement, completely enjoying it. 

 

Hani could here people murmuring on how the "double K" had reunited and Kris and Krystal were definitely getting back together sooner or later.

 

The day dragged on and time felt like it was slowing down. At the corner of Hani's eye, she could see Krystal doing all sorts of things to Kris - massaging him, giving him a drink, whispering into his ear, it was uncountable.

 

It was only until Krystal reached out her hand to touch Kris' face which caused something in Hani to shift, like a door she hadn't realized was opened had adruptly brown shut. Kris didn't look happy to be touched, but he didn't look unwilling either. He just sat there doing nothing, allowing Krystal to roam her hands all over him. And the worst part is that Krystal was smirking at Hani the whole time, doing it intentionally for her to witness. 

 

Hani's stomach churned, feels dry. Having Tao behind her was equally bad. He made no effort to try to talk to her and Hani spent the entire day concentrating on what Krystal was doing to Kris. 

 

When the bell rang, she called Baekhyun immediately and told him that she was free to go out with him, considering that she turned him down yesterday. Baekhyun agreed and said he would wait for her outside of school with his car.

Meanwhile, Kris was stroling out of school when he witnessed a few familar figures patrolling outside the school gate. He took off his shades and recognized the black mercedes car behind them. Not again...

 

He tried to walk pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter