Mental Breakdown

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25

Mental Breakdown

Kris slammed Hani's book onto the floor. The old and yellowed book was already in a terrible state. Now, with a throw, the spine of the book cracked and splitted into halves, random pages fell out and scattered all over the floor. It was beyond repair.

 

But that didn't bothered Kris a single bit.

 

He lie on the cold and hard ground on the floor of his room when he has like the most expensive and luxurious bed. He glanced around at his room. Everything was posh and perfect, so much so that it was an eyesore to him. 

 

You can't hide emptiness with all these expensive items, you know. Kris said softly.

 

The whole house feels so foreign and distant to him. Maybe because most of the time he is living in his small apartment. A house with his family, surveillance cameras and guards, is not exactly the type of house Kris wants to live in. 

 

But today felt even worser. The house resembled a prison. The floors felt even harder and colder. And there was this uncontrollable itch on Kris' back. The kind of itch when your clothes are dirty and you are still wearing it. 

 

But maybe this itch came from his heart.

 

He had never felt so lonely and unwanted before.

On the dinner table, the Wu family was extremely quiet as usual, with only the clinking of spoons. No one has ever made the effort to ask a simple, 'how's work?' or 'how's school?'. It was evident that none of them are interested in one another's lives. 

 

While shelling the prawn, Kris noticed for the first time how dirty his family were eating. They do have dining etiquette, but were extremely inconsiderate. They left the shell of the prawn all over the table instead of leaving it on their plate. 

 

Argh how can a human eat like that? How are the waitors and waitresses gonna clean that up? They have to scoops the dirty shells with their hands and then throw it into the bin!

 

Kris shook his head disapprovingly and neatly placed them on his plate, making sure none of it were off his plate. 

 

He spotted some food particles on the table which he had left and wiped it off with a handkerchief until it is completely clean like how it was before. He grinned to himself, proud at his own actions. He glanced over at how others were having their meal- leaving prawn shells and spilling gravy everywhere. 

 

How thoughtless and insensitive of them.

 

"Excuse me Kris," His sister, Katherine, who is two years older than him, made a exaggerated cough. Raising a brow at her brother, she demanded, "What are you doing?"

 

"Cleaning the table, what else?" He said easily. 

 

She folded her arms and leaned back on her chair, pausing fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter