The Historical Book

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

The Historical Book

Hani was sitting in class, reading the exact same historical book that she had been reading for weeks, except that she was only left with a few pages now.

 

The teacher entered the class and she closed it, sliding it under her desk, unable to finished it. From afar, Kris watched her curiously.

 

When class has ended, Hani totally forgot about her book and left off to find Baekhyun. Kris found his perfect chance. He cautiously slide the book into his bag and walked out of school.

 

"Ugh what kind of book is this? It is so heavy," Kris complained. Kris always carried his bag on one shoulder because it looks cool. However, it was almost impossible to do so as the book was so heavy, it was weighing him down and he might potentially suffer from scoliosis.

 

Kris opened to the first page and tried to read. "In the year 1938, the Nazi Germany- wait, who actually read this? This is equivalent to reading a history textbook! Ugh. Seriously." Kris could not get any further than the first sentence. He never reads. This was mentally torturing and frustrating for him.

 

He was interrupted by those familiar figures again. The guards dressed in black suits and ties and the cars behind them. It was his mum again. It was weird considering that Kris did not get into any trouble lately.

 

They approached him with hasty steps, afraid that Kris would sprint off.

 

"Stop, stop, stop. Don't harass me, I'm not going anywhere," Kris lifted his hand to signal them to stop charging at him.

 

"Why are you guys here anyway?" Kris asked.

 

"We aren't so sure. But it seemed that Mr Wu is back from his business trip."

 

"My dad? So fast? Didn't he just left?" Kris recalled that the last time he saw his dad was when they were at the restaurant that Hani worked in. And it was a disaster.

 

"Yes, I think ma'am would want you to be back for dinner."

 

"Alright I'll go-," Kris promised, then he remembered something, "-on one condition."

 

"What is it, sir?"

 

"Are you literate?"

 

The guard raised a brow, "Yes, sir."

 

"So you have no problem reading, right?" A smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter