Sick Kris

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

Sick Kris

Kris was absent for three days. It was absurd. Everyone thought that he probably had gotten a cold or something. But on the third day of absense, it seemed like it was a serious sickness.

 

Three days felt so long for Hani. Every morning she would come to school in hopes of seeing Kris sitting coolly on his seat. But on the third day, she started to get really worried.

 

Hani sent some messages to him, but there wasn't a reply from him at all. 

 

His homeworks were already piling up and his locker was beginning to collect dust. His textbooks that were placed neatly on his desk were untouched. 

 

The girls in class were all noisy chattering about Kris, coming up with false information and saying things like he is in the hospital, he is dying, he has migrated, it was ridiculous.

 

"How long is Kris oppa going to be sick? I'm missing him already!"

"3 days is quite long. Does he have a illness or disease or something?"

"Oh my god! Don't tell me that he has left this school or he has migrated! I'll be so upset!"

 

"I really have to go to his house and check on him. He might be critically ill." Hani frowned, her eyebrows arched together. 

 

Krystal was also getting anxious. Hani could see her sneaking her phone into class and typing something on it under her table. Hani was sure that she could be sending messages to Kris. She wondered if Kris had replied to any of Krystal's messages. And that made her a little down.

 

Walking to the school's hallway, Hani stared at her beautifully decorated locker. The one that Kris had painted. It felt like such a long time ago, but it really wasn't. Hani took out her phone and dialled for Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun picked up the call in a heartbeat. Hani was taken aback.

 

"Uh hello?" Hani asked into the phone.

 

"Hey Hani What's up!" Baekhyun asked cheerfully from the other end of the line. He is always so bright and radiant.

 

"Hey Baekhyun, are you still in school right now?" 

 

"Of course! Why do you ask?"

 

Hani scratched her head, contemplating whether to ask him a favour, "Erm...is it possible for you to get the address list for all students?" When the words escaped from , she immediately regretted it. She shouldn't have asked.

 

"Hmm...it is possible but it would be tough...why do you need that anyway?" 

 

Hani paused to think of a logical explanation, "Oh I think I have stated my address wrongly when I filled up the application on the first few days of school."

 

"Oh alright," Baekhyun agreed, although slightly skeptical, "When do you need it?"

 

"By today...by 4pm to be exact. You are a senior right? It won't be so difficult, will it?" Hani hated how she sounded. It felt like she was making use of Baekhyun. But she really needed Kris' address.

 

"Sure sure, I'll try my best. I will get a copy of the list and pass it to you later. Wait for my call!" Baekhyun said before hanging up.

 

As expected, in less than 30 minutes, Baekhyun had already gotten a copy of it and rushed to pass it to Hani. She thanked him happily and searched for Kris' address in the list. Once she found it, she hurriedly took a taxi there which she hardly ever does unless it is a dire situation.

 

It was a small apartment, totally not what she had expected. Standing outside of the door, she wondered if there is actually anyone inside. There were no shoes outside, no decoration, no whatsoever. Even the windows are all closed. It seemed like those empty and new apartment that no one lives it. She double checked the address before pressing the door bell.

 

There was no shuffling of feet, no sound of movement, no noise from the television. Hani was starting to think that there is no living organism inside. 

 

But why would Kris write this address then? Or maybe because he is trying to keep a mysterious and low profile life?

 

On the second ring, the door finally opened. It didn't flew open but was gently opened with a gap. Kris was standing there, holding the door, his face pale and his lips blue. His eyes were droopy and his hair resembled a bird's nest. But his eyes glittered and brightened the second he came face to face with Hani.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter