Wrecked

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

Wrecked

Play this while reading! :)

If seeing Baekhyun kissed Hani wasn't bad enough, this just had to make it even worse. Kris' Audi screeched to a halt, stopping in the middle of the road adruptly. He tried to start the engine but the Audi just won't budge

 

"Hani is doing this to me and so are you. Thanks a lot." Kris growled, dragging himself out of his car and slamming the doors shut. He dialled the car service centre to get his useless car towed away. 

 

Now what? Should he call for someone to pick him up? Should he walk home?

 

Should he just die in the middle of the road because today is just so ed up?

 

Honestly, the last option seemed the most favourable because if he doesn't die now, he is going to make everyone else die. And the first in his list is Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun. Even his name made Kris feel like he is going to explode in anger. 

 

Left with no choice, maybe the only way Kris could get home is by taking a bus. 
A bus, Kris shook his head in disbelief, I'm actually taking a bus voluntarily. If sis knew about this, she's going to flip.

 

Boarding the bus really reminded Kris the first time he took it with Hani. He felt as though he was suffering when she made him take it for the first time. Now, surprisingly, he really missed it. 

 

"Now, tell me what's so good about this ty bus," Kris groaned, cleaning the sweat that is trickling down his neck.

"Stop whinning," Hani tried to shush him, putting a finger to her lips.

"How is this better than my Audi? I don't get it," Kris complained further.

Hani looked at him in the eyes and replied, "Doesn't this make you feel more like a normal human being?"

 

Stupid girl, Kris laughed drily while shaking his head, it was YOU who made me feel normal.

 

Kris chose a seat all the way at the back of the bus, isolated from the entire world. The seat was definitely not as comfortable as his car's seat, but it wasn't that bad either.

 

Kris wasn't sure what was it but he started feeling his body heating up again, like as though his body is absorbing all the thermal energy in the bus.

 

This always happens when he experiences an emotional breakdown, always at his most vulnerable moments.

 

Except that this time, Hani won't be here to take care of him.

 

Kris swallowed and his dry lips, feeling slightly chilly. He rolled down the sleeves of his shirt and hunched over in his seat. His head felt so heavy and he needed to lean onto the bus' window for support.

He really didn't look like the Kris everyone knew. 

 

So lonely... Kris felt so lonely. Loneliness was never used to be a problem to him because he was so used to it, used to being alone and doing things alone. 

But lately, loneliness kept knocking on his door, constantly reminding him that he needs someone.

 

Pathetic, he spat, mocking himself at the state that he had become. Powerless and defeated. No longer the King Wu that everyone thought he was.

 

He scrolled through the list of contacts on his phone. Half of it were random girls' numbers whom he can't remember and some of it were his basketball mates. But none of them were friends that he could rely on, friends that will comfort him and listen to his problems. 

 

There are just some things that money can't buy. And those are the most important and valuable things in life.

 

Kris fixed his eyes outside of the window, staring at the night sky, earnestly wishing that he could see what Hani could. Whenever she's down, she always have this habit of gazing out of the window, and somehow, she found comfort in it.

 

What about Kris? What does he find his comfort in? 

 

He scrolled through the list of songs on his phone with icy cold hands, but none of them are what he wanted to listen to. Perhaps this time, blasting all those crazy loud music isn't going to ease his pain. He tuned to a radio station and a familiar song plays...

 

"When you try your best but you don't succeed.

When you get what you want but not what you need...

 

Money, fame, girls, he had all of it. There was nothing he lacked of, but he was never happy. Now, when he had found happiness in Hani, she's being snatched away from him. 

 

His eyes turned red, welling up with warm tears before a single drop escaped from his left eye, flowing down his cheeks. He hurriedly wiped it off, as though he was ashamed of it. But another tear fell and he gave up trying to look strong for once, allowing it to slide down his face. 

 

He hated what he had become. He hated what Hani had done to him. He hated how she was able to make him feel at the highest point of his life and then dragging him in back into hell. 

 

Wrecked, but maybe that was what he really was.

 

Wrecked.

Hani was getting used to sleepless nights. The tickling of the clock seemed to be slowing down, and the sun was taking forever to rise.

 

Long nights like these, Hani wasn't sure whether she wanted the day to end quickly, because that would mean tomorrow is approaching and she doesn't anticipate tomorrows anymore. 

 

Sometimes she wondered, how good would it be if she didn't come to America in the first place. 

 

Sighing, she tuned in to a local radio, hoping that those melodies they play would make her eventually fall asleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter