A Disaster

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

A Disaster

It was Hani's first day of work at Baekhyun's father's restaurant.

 

She was quite nervous about it as this is her first job and she does not have any experience.

 

What if I drop the food while holding it? What if I can't take the customers' order? Hani thought worriedly.

 

She stood at the busstop outside of school, waiting for Baekhyun and carrying a huge stack of textbooks.

 

Whenever Hani is nervous, she would keep touching her hair. She had been continuously combing through her hair with her fingers. At this rate, all her hair is gonna fall off.

 

Baekhyun arrived slightly late, running quickly towards her. 

 

"Sorry Hani! I was dismissed from school late," Baekhyun frowned, catching sight of the heavy textbooks that she was holding, "Hey let me help you." Baekhyun reached out his hands to take the textbooks from her but Hani shook her head, bring it away from him.

 

"It's alright. I'm pretty strong!" she smiled at him convincingly, but sweat were already forming at the side of her forehead.

 

"Rubbish, I'm stronger so let me carry it," Baekhyun hastily grab it from her, giving her no chance to refuse his help.

 

"Let's go now, my car's parked at the parking lot," Baekhyun pointed at the parking lot behind them. Hani shook her head.

 

"Let's take the bus instead, it's cheaper."

 

"No it is going to be an extremely long way to my Dad's restaurant, you won't want to be late right?" Baekhyun persuaded. He seemed to be extremely good at convincing Hani. She nodded her head and followed him to the parking lot without any complains. 

 

Baekhyun's car was nothing too expensive. It was still beautiful and simple looking but it was cozy and cooling. Baekhyun sat at the driver's seat and Hani sat beside him in the passenger's seat.

 

"You can blast whatever music you like. I'm fine with anything," Baekhyun assured.

 

"Nah I'm good like that," Hani sat comfortably on the seat, her eyes beginning to close.

 

Baekhyun noticed her dozing off and kept quiet, letting her sleep. She looked rather adorable, her head tilted to the side and slightly opened. Baekhyun smiled and continued driving.

Baekhyun's father's restaurant was not the ordinary. It was the kind of restaurant Hani could never afford. The only people that came here were businessmen or millionaire. It was really the place for the upper class. Hani started to shiver.

 

"Baekhyun, the people here are really rich," Hani said softly, eyeing the posh italian restaurant. Hani wondered what will happen to her if she spill a glass of water on the customer's shirt or something, she probably would have to work her whole life to buy a new shirt for the customer. 

 

The thought of working here is suffocating.

 

"It's alright. My father is the boss, isn't he? You don't have to worry. All you need to do is serve the food to the customer, nothing else." Baekhyun pat her shoulder, reassuring her.

 

After 30 minutes of practice from a senior waitress, Hani knew the basics such as how to serve and carry the food. She practice a few more times herself until she is slightly more confident. 

 

Baekhyun had to leave as he had tuition in 10 minutes' time. He told Hani to call him if there were any problems and left hurriedly.

 

The other waitresses did not seem to like Hani at all. Maybe it was due to the fact that she got selected just because she was friends with the boss' son, while the other had to be carefully chosen. They did not bother to talk to her. But that was fine as it had always been that way of Hani.

 

The first hour was alright. Hani had to put on her uniform and apron and began serving the food. There were lobster ravioli, seafood risotto and all kinds of exquisite italian cuisine. It was good so far, no complains, no mistakes. Everything was going well, that was what it seemed.

 

In the next minute, a white lamborghini pulls up. All the waitresses began to panic, they quickened their steps and sped up their actions. Some even pretended to be busy. Hani looked at them strangely. 

 

The waitresses exchanged words of 'they are here' and 'I'm so dead'. Hani began to wonder who they are, what do they do, and why everyone was so fearful of them.

 

The doors of the lamborghini slided up and Hani's eyes widened. She never knew a car could do that. 

 

A lady in her late 30s walked out. She carried a designer bag and was dressed a little too much for just a dinner. There was a man beside her, wearing a suit and a nice tie. His hair was styled backwards and he was carrying a suitcase. They looked like they were ready for the red carpet. 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter