Glad To Have You

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

Glad To Have You

Kris fiddled with his bundle of keys and hastily insert it into the opening, giving it a twist. The door flew opened and Kris stumbled in, closing it behind him before proceeding to the sofa, staggering as he held onto the wall for stability. He collapsed onto the sofa, his mind finally getting the rest he needed as his body cease movement. Too exhausted to change out of his clothes, too exhausted to take a bath. His head was still in a midst of a roller coaster and that had severely weakened his him physically.

 

With his eyes half opened, he peered at the corners of his cold, dark and dense room. It was monochromatic, dull and lifeless. He had always found comfort in simplicity. But at this instance, his tiny house look like a funeral to him. Plain, stiff and bleak.

 

Krystal had wasted his time. Telling him that it was all a joke and just a stupid 'dare' when he had rushed all the way to her house thinking that she was in a traumatic situation. And that has caused Kris to feel drained and tired and unwell. Besides, he hasn't fully recovered yet.

 

Shouldn't have went to Krystal. It was a mistake.

 

But then again...

 

Hani didn't even reply my message which I told her I could no longer make it. Did she see my note that I have left in her locker? Or did she simply threw it away? Or perhaps she didn't even intent to meet me anyway?

 

"You are going to watch me play, are you?"

 

"I will when I'm free"

 

So did she turn up? Kris had no clue. He wanted to know so badly but there were no way he could unless he ask Hani directly.

 

Kris sighed loudly. His body was aching and his head was spinning. He wished he had someone with him right now.

 

Living alone isn't easy. Kris has to do everything himself. He was used to it.

 

But more frequently, Kris had been feeling that strange feeling of loneliness. The guy who once crave for solace is now yearning for company.

 

Rather than a person, Kris wouldn't mind having a dog as a companion. Just like how Hani had Haris. Kris wondered if he was a part of them. The three of them, the trio.

 

Slowly and eventually, Kris drifted off to sleep.  

Hani refused to get up in the morning. She didn't want to go to school. She didn't want to see Krystal and most of all, Kris. 

 

What matters anyway? Kris is no longer sitting behind her. He is sitting beside Krystal now and Hani could constantly see Krystal flirting with him. And she could feel Tao shooting lazers at her from the back.

 

Occasionally, Hani could hear Tao whispering to the rest of the basketball guys, saying this things like:

"I don't get why Kris hang out with a girl like that."

"She is so quiet and timid."

"She is so dull. All she does is read."

"Kris is definitely blind."

 

All these words doesn't affect Hani, but it does hurt her a little whenever she hears it. 
 

As she reluctantly dragged herself out of bed, her phone starts ringing. She dived for it, only to be disappointed.

 

"Hani ah, it's mum. How are you doing so far? We miss you so much," Her mum spoke excitedly on the phone, "We kept thinking about the days when you were still around. Ahh~ how much I miss that." She blabbered on and on.

 

"Yeah mum. I miss that too," Hani lied, scratching her hair and combing through it.

 

"Oh that's great that's great...," Her mum trailed off, as though she had something to say but she didn't know how to put it across. Hani knew that her mum was going to ask for a favour. But she prayed that she wouldn't.

 

"So...you know, these days had been pretty rough for us. Dad is no longer working and your sister needs money for her college fees and I'm the only one providing for the three of us. It had been really difficult and we are struggling..." Her mum's voice completely changed as she pretend to sniff loudly.

 

"Hani. You have no idea what is going on here. Your dad is stressed out trying to look for a new job and your sister kept needing money every few days. You know, we have to pay for her tuition fees and her ballet classes...and it costs a lot of money."

 

Hani wanted to hang up the phone but it would be rude.

 

"So I'm wondering...Hani...do you happen to have any money that you could spare us? Probably a few thousands? I mean, you have been staying in America for quite some time..."

 

"What?! Mum! I don't have that much money! I barely had enough for myself!" Hani exclaimed, shocked that her parents are ACTUALLY asking her for money. It could be the other way around.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter