A Scheme

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

A Scheme

A mysterious paper was passed to Hani in the middle of class. She unfold the paper and it revealed,

 

"Meet me at the storeroom near the DJ room after school! I will see you there! -Baekhyun." 

 

Mmmm? Why would Baekhyun pass me a note when he can just find me after school? How strange, Hani wondered, and his handwriting is like a girl's, prettier than mine!

 

Kris crane his neck to get a better view of the contents of the note. His long legs are certainly in his favour.

 

"Who is it from?" Kris asked, despite already seeing the note and knowing who it is from. He just wanted to hear her response.

 

"Nobody," Hani replied, closing the note and putting it into her pencil case.

 

"Don't play games with me," Kris pressed for an honest answer. Hani sat in her seat quietly. 

 

"So he is your boyfriend?" Kris persisted.

 

"He is just a friend. That's all." Hani replied sternly, getting annoyed at Kris for throwing questions at her. 

 

"You mean, friends with benefits?" Kris asked sarcasticly as he recalled seeing them at the bus stop and now Baekhyun is asking her to meet in a storeroom. "At least do it in the hotel, not in a freaking storeroom."

 

Hani slammed her table loudly and her face started to turn red with fury. She scowl at him and threw a pen in his direction. He dodged and the pen hit the wall.

 

"FIRSTLY," she emphasized loudly, "One shall not read other people's notes intentionally without their permission."

"SECONDLY," she continued, "Baekhyun and I are purely just friends. Friends that help and care for each other. Someone like you will never understand what a true friendship is because you guys make friends for popularity and monetary benefits. And Baekhyun isn't like you. He isn't arrogant and he is nice. Just because you sleep with every girl you meet doesn't mean he does that too," Hani spat.

 

No one in the history of mankind has ever insulted Kris to the point where he wants to slap the person and throw him/her to Mars. Kris raised up his right hand, threatening to slap Hani but she wasn't fearful of him. Instead, she glared back at him.

 

The way Hani malign him made him feel SO offended. Kris wasn't that kind of person. He may be rich, he may be arrogant, and sometimes he might want things to go his way, but he isn't someone who befriend others for a purpose. Especially in the case of Hani. Hani is just a poor kid who has no status, no money, and just insignificant to everybody. What kind of benefit can Kris possibly get from her? 

 

(author nim trying to defend kris here)

 

And Hani states that Kris sleeps with any girl he meets. But that is an assumption as she has never witnessed it and it is not like Kris has slept with her yet. 

 

The more Kris thought about it, the more upset he got. How dumb of me to think that she might be the only one who will understand me. And how dumb am I to keep trying to prove her wrong. Kris Wu, you need to stop being delusional. She is just like every girl out there. She is the same.

 

The anger in him was overpowered by sadness. Kris put down his hand, unable to slap her. He was feeling more disappointed than angry. And of all, he was the most disappointed in himself for thinking that she was different. 

 

And realisation hit him that no one, no one actually bother to understand him. No one even tried.

 

Kris got up, packed his books into his bag and made his way out of the class, not caring about the fact that everyone is staring at him with that weird expression.

 

"What's up with Kris?"

"The king seems upset :("

"Someone agitated my baby"

"It must be the y Hani trying to piss him off"

The girls in the class started chattering away, watching Kris walk out of the door. Some girls shot a look at Hani. 

 

Krystal, however, had a smirk on her face. 

Having nowhere to go, Kris sat in the middle of the hallway. There were no one there; everyone was in class. Kris lean on one of the lockers staring at the ground. When he looked up, he saw Hani's locker. It was striking and eye-catching, and it was all Kris' hardwork. It was the first thing he painted in his whole life, and it was also the first thing he did for someone. In preschool, childrens were given crayons and paint and brushes but Kris didn't have a chance to use a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter