Drunk Habits

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

Drunk Habits

Kris called out some of his basketball guys and they headed to the pub they always used to go to.

 

"Ahhh. It's been such a long time since we all last saw Kris," Kai joked. All the other basketballers laughed.

 

"That's bull," Kris spat, "I see you guys almost everyday." 
 

"Yeah but bro we hardly hang out anymore," Suho fought. All of them nodded their heads in a yeah-that's-true way. 
 

Kris thoughtly silently. He's right. Kris hardly goes to the club or drink these days. It had been months.

 

"Restrictions, you know," Kris said, implying his controlling parents and his rather perculiar family background. And priorities, he thought quietly, and then he wondered why he had thought of that.

 

High ceiling with lights, pretty girls dancing around and not to mention, being able to drink whatever you want. Maybe Kris won't feel lonely anymore.

 

Stepping into the pub, his grand entrance had caused many heads to turn, as though the spotlight was now on him. Of course, the hottest guy in a pub. Everyone wants to get a chance near him.

 

Kris, seeing how wanted he is by everyone, felt his ego and pride finally coming back to him. Yeah this is how it should be. Getting all the attention. Being loved by everyone. Maybe I do like this way of living.

 

Kris sat on the bar chair and ordered some alcoholic drinks and cocktails. He barely spoke, just drowning himself with more vodka. While his friends are busy chatting and laughing, all he did was just ask for more drinks. He was starting to get a little dizzy, not to the extent whereby he was going to pass out, but he was definitely not able to think clearly anymore.

 

Finally, a courageous girl made a move and went towards Kris, clinging her arms around his so swiftly and naturally. 
 

"Hey you single?" The girl flashed a smile at him, batting her spider-looking eyelashes. She wore a black bodycon dress with a low scooped back, accentuating her curvy figure and tiny waist. Her long red painted nails poked onto Kris' skin, leaving marks on his arm.

 

Kris leered at her, wondering if he should really do it. Girls like her wasn't his type. None of the girls Kris hooked up with, was ever his type. But since Hani doesn't like him, no one else matters. They are all inconsequential to him.

 

"What do you think?" He asked seductively, pushing her closer towards him. He gave his friends a signal first, before walking off with the girl, his hands now around her waist. 

"Why grab for clothes when you can grab for Kris?"

 

That was the first thing Hani found when she opened her locker. She thought maybe somone had seen Kris trying to kiss her and dropped that note into her locker. But when she turned her head to see, everyone was holding to that slip of paper. And they were all cheering. The guys of the school, however, did not look very enthusiastic.

 

News of Kris being back to a playboy spreaded all around the school.

 

Everyone was talking about it in the morning. It was the center of all conversations.

 

To all girls, this was better than a Black Friday sale. Why grab for clothes when you can grab for Kris? It was a slogan, or you can say, a secret indication that Kris is looking for someone new. 

 

Suddenly, it goes quiet. Everyone's head was facing only one direction. And Hani totally knew what is that all about. Kris is coming. The King is approaching.

 

Dressed in black shirt, black leather pants and wearing a pair of shades, Kris strolled into the hallway. He slung his bag on one shoulder, and his left hand in the pocket on his pants. When Hani saw him walking to where she was standing, she wanted to grab his arm and say a simple, 'Hey,' not hiding like what she did before.

 

"Hey Kris-" Hani began but to her dismay, he did not stop and lean onto the lockers like he did the other time. He did not even do anything. Not even acknowledging Hani's presence. He just walked passed her, not even tilting his head a little or look at her just a little bit. Not even a glance. Like she wasn't there at all. 

 

Hani blinked. Unable to process what just happened. He was already walking away, towards their classroom.

 

He looked so distant. So foreign. And for a moment, Hani wondered if he was the Kris she knew.

 

She felt a weird feeling of loss. The times Kris spent with Hani, Hani could feel him becoming a little bit hers, a bit more than just the surface that everyone sees. But it looks as though, after all, he really is just a handsome and rich playboy.

In class...

 

Everyone was gathered at Kris desk, or just around it. He was like a walking magnet, attracting everything to him. 

 

Seeing all those girls swarming around Kris's desk and him happily entertaining them, Hani could practically feel her heart being scrunched up like a dried prune, slowly withering and becoming numb. She didn't like feeling that way, and had always tried to control her emotions. But her feelings are slowly becoming like the snooze button on an alarm clock, the one Hani had hit so many times until it no longer works.

 

The sight of Kris flirting around is too much for Hani to handle. She need to leave this place right now.

 

Maybe she is just jealous. Jealous of those girls. Jealous that they can have Kris so easily and that all she could do was just watched at a corner, feeling pathetic and unwanted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter