A Night Together

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

A Night Together

"Kris, I don't see you teaching Hani these past few days. Have you started revising with her? She still looks unfocused and distracted in class, constantly checking what's outside of the window. You got to help her," The math teacher took Kris out of class and spoke to him.

 

Damn , Kris came to realisation that he had totally forget about Hani's studies and the fact that he hasn't started teaching her. 

 

"Alright, I'll ask Hani if she is free today. Then I can probably teach her in school or something. I'll let you know again," Kris replied.

 

"Sure. I'm hoping to see an improvement in her grades," The math teacher gave Kris a look and winked at him.

 

"No problem." Kris assured.

 

When Kris returned to class, Hani was sitting on her seat silently while reading a book. It was a historical book on the WWII. The book was extremely thick and looked really heavy. The sight of it makes Kris' stomach does a backflip. Reading wasn't Kris' forte, it was his nightmare.

 

"Hani." Kris approached her while taking a glance at the contents of the book. Hani was too absorbed in reading to even hear him.

 

"Hey Hani," Kris tried again but she doesn't even move nor look up at him.

 

"OI HANI," Kris shouted. The entire class stopped and diverted their attention at Kris. Hani finally jolted from her seat.

 

"Shush!" Hani silenced him, turning around to see that everyone was staring at them, "You don't have to be so loud!" She whispered, covering her face with the book, embarassed.

 

"You weren't listening to me at all! Ugh, anyway I want to ask if you are free today." Kris said casually.

 

"Why why why?" Hani instantly shot up. Her attention is finally on Kris. Kris laughed.

 

"Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you out." Kris replied, bursting her bubble.

 

"I-I wasn't thinking about that!" Hani stuttered nervously. Why did I feel slightly disappointed? Oh my I must have been drugged by Kris.

 

Kris rolled his eyes, "I want to see if you are free so that I can tutor you." Perhaps we can do something more than just studying? Kris wondered, thinking about the possibilities of making it more than just a study session.

 

"Oh that..." Hani felt slightly disheartened. So it is just about studies...

 

"I'll be waiting in the classroom at 3pm. Don't you dare go home or I'll ask all my guards to come and hunt you down." Kris threatened jokingly. Deep down inside, He was afraid that she might not turn up. 

 

 "Guards? Who do you think you are? King Wu?" Hani fought. Hey wait- Actually, I do think that there are some girls that call Kris as King Wu , Hani tried to recall.

 

"I already am." Kris chuckled arrogantly. In actual fact, I really hate this nickname. I think being called just 'Kris' is still the best.

Baekhyun was already waiting for Hani outside of class when the bell rang. Remembering that Kris told her not to leave yet, Hani tried to come up with excuses to Baekhyun.

 

"Hey Hani, let's go! I want to bring you somewhere today!" Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly. Hani could almost see the speech bubble in his head. He was probably thinking of the trip and had planned it already. 

 

Hani felt bad.

 

"Uh...actually," Hani thought for a moment. Disappointing Baekhyun or disappointing Kris? Ugh I really don't know. Baekhyun has been such a great friend and a great help to me. But Kris-

 

"Why? You aren't free?" Baekhyun frowned. His plan had to be postponed.

 

"You know...uh..." Hani scratched her head, "I wanted to study in school today....just to catch up on some homeworks and all...." She lied.

 

"I can help you with your work if you want. I'm a senior, don't you remember?" He grinned.

 

"It's alright Baekhyun! I will get distracted easily...and I don't want to waste your time. We can go out another day or something, okay?" Hani forced a smile.

 

"Sure sure! I'll see you tomorrow then!" Baekhyun gave her a light wave before disappearing.

Meanwhile, Kris is at the basketball court in his black jersey and black bball shoes. He dribbled the ball and does a few throws. In seconds, a large crowd of girls emerged to watch him play. Krystal was in the midst of the crowd. She smiled seeing her beloved in his cool attire and his serious facial expression.

 

Kris didn't like the attention that he gets. Nonetheless, he still focus only on the game. Coincidentally, Hani was walking pass the basketball court when she spotted Kris playing bball, dressed in proper attire and a group of annoying girls surrounding him. Kris never miss the basket. But when he caught Hani staring at him, his mind was unable to concentrate. The need to impress her was so overwhelming that the ball he shoot bounced off the hoop.

 

Thankfully, Hani's head was turned away just when the ball did not make it into the basket. Kris heaved a sigh of relief.

 

Hani watched Kris from afar and was impressed with his skills. She had not seen someone better than him yet. And the way Kris plays, the way he bounce the ball and the way he moves, is so captivating. She sat down on the floor and admired him. 

 

Kris suddenly stopped and walked towards Hani confidently. He plopped down beside her. Sweat was dripping down from her forehead.

 

"So you haven't left," Kris joked.

 

"Are you hoping I would?" Hani fought, "Too bad, I don't make empty promises."

 

"What do you think of my basketbal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter