The Lame Joke

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

The Lame Joke

Baekhyun saw Hani at the bus stop and went up to her. Hani asked if Baekhyun knew any part-time jobs that were hiring and he said that his dad owns a restaurant and there were a shortage of staffs.

 

"Does that mean I'm hired?!" Hani asked enthusiastically. 

 

"Yes, my lady," Baekhyun stood and gave Hani a bow. She burst into laughter. Seeing her laugh, Baekhyun swung his arm over her shoulders and leaned closer to her. Hani was too happy and occupied to even notice his actions, much less realise that Kris was watching them the entire time. And for the first time, Kris felt insecure and inadequate.

Meanwhile, in princess/goddess/ Krystal's house...

 

"I have to get rid of that stupid girl named Hani. I thought that seeing her on the plane would be the last time. Who knew that she would be in the same school, same class as me, and is also flirting with my boyfriend!" Krystal complained into the phone.

 

Luna, on the other side of the line, coughed, "Uh...you mean, your EX-boyfriend..." she trailed off.

 

"Whatever. He is still mine. He still loves me, I can see that, " Krystal replied, trying to convince both herself and Luna, "Anyway I have a great plan on how I can deal with Hani..."

 

She went into her room and closed the door to make sure her parents won't be able to hear her. She then whispered the plan in full detail to Luna.

The next day,

 

"Class, we will be having a mid-year examination next week. Do study hard for it as it is extremely important. I hope no one will fail this exam as you won't want to pull down the school's standards, right?" The Math teacher told the class. Hani swallowed. Her weakest subject is Math and she hasn't been revising nor listening in class. She is definitely going to be the last in class for this exam. She knew that she has to start studying, but these days she is just so worned out and exhausted. She buried her face with her hands, feeling troubled.

 

"Want to know a secret?" Kris suddenly spoke from behind, poking her back with a sharp pen, only to realize that the cap of the pen was off, creating marks all over Hani's uniform. Hani sprank up; Kris' eyes widened and he pretended that nothing had happened. He immediately capped the pen.

 

"Whaaaaat?" Hani replied, uninterested and couldn't be bothered. She had so many things to worry about.

 

"You know, the seat you are sitting on right now, has a special meaning." Kris tried to entertain her and make her curious.

 

"It's just a seat," Hani answered,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter