A New Beginning - Better or Worse?

The Unwanted (DISCONTINUED, SEE CHAPTER 32)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

A New Beginning - Better Or Worse?


Dragging her heavy and badly cracked luggage up the plane, Hani received many strange stares as she walks to her allocated seat.

 

"Oh my goodness look at that girl's clothes! Did she just roll out of the dustbin or something?" A young lady dressed in a hot pink fur coat and carrying a limited edition Micheal Kors bag pointed at her, not caring whether Hani was able to hear it. The lady looks somewhat Hani's age, just a little richer and dressed more maturely like an adult. She sticked out her tongue and gave a 'ugh' look at Hani. 

 

Hani sighed to herself and continued to walk towards her seat. The sly lady saw an opportunity and sticked out her right foot just as Hani was about to walk pass her.

 

18 hours ago...

 

Hani's father sits silently on the edge of the sofa, reading the newspaper. It was obvious that he wasn't even reading or even trying to fake read. It has been 20 minutes since he last flip the pages.

 

"Dad. If you have something to say, say it. I'm not playing these pretending game with you," Hani breaks the silence, irritiated at her Dad's cowardness.

 

"I have got nothing to say" The old man stutters, closing the newspaper and tossing in aside.

 

"There definitely is. Say it." She demanded.

 

Hani's dad sighed, annoyed at her persistance. He look to the other end of the living room where his wife stood, catching her eye and sending her a look. She nodded.

 

"You know...Your mum and I have discussed this for a long time and we decide that this might be the best option for you. It might not seem that way but I promise it is. And I hope you won't get angry listening to it and think of it in a positive way," her dad explains, with zero mercy in his voice that it almost sounded ruthless.

 

A drop of sweat drips from her forehead and into her eye. She wiped it off with the back of her palm and swallowed the lump in .

 

"After much thinking, we decide that it is best for you," He hesistated for a complete 5 seconds, "It's best that you go to America to study."

 

Hani stares at her father in shock. Her jaw drops open.

 

"What? What did you just say, Dad? Are you kidding me? You must be joking with me right! This can't be it! Why am I going there? I'm perfectly fine here!" Hani burst into tears before she could even control it. She drops to the ground and holds her chest, sobbing harder and louder.

 

"The preparations has been done. We have already contacted with a school there. You will be flying off tomorrow morning." Her Dad replied with no emotion in his voice.

 

"NO! I'm not going there! I refuse!" She wails, shaking her head and stares at her mum with sad, pitiful eyes.

 

Unknown to her, her younger sister was standing behind the wall, witnessing the whole situation. She snicker to herself and her smile forms into a smirk.

"I'll make sure I don't see you again, sister"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter