Family Dinner

GRAND'S REQUEST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Mom, is this necessary?”, Uee asked for the nth time to her mother whose almost finished arranging the table for dinner.

 

Her mother looks at her. “This is your grandpa’s wishes let’s just give it to him, okay”.

 

She nodded defeated, “I’ll change my outfit then”, she said before climbing to the stairs wearing a simple sundress, if she is to attend the dinner her grandfather wants. She must change into a little more presentable since her father said that it’s a formal dinner with the Park’s.

 

She walks in to her room, straight to her walk-in closet. Good thing she left formal clothes in the house. A cleaning lady always comes every other day in the house that’s why the house still looks clean even though her grandfathers the only one leaving in it, now that all of them are leaving in Seoul.

 

She chooses a black cocktail dress that hugs her curves the instant she wears it. Her only accessories is a silver bangles, she let her hair falls who reach up to the middle of her back and a sandals with just a small inch heals. She’s tall already that’s why she can wear almost flat sandals.

 

She twirled her body to check once more her appearance. Once satisfied with her looks she sprays a little perfume.

 

She looks at her reflection. “What is this I’m feeling? Why do I feel excited by just a simple dinner?”, she whispers. Then, her thoughts drift to the last incident where she was with Cheon Dong, her hands touch her lips, remembering the not-so-called-kiss.

 

“He must have been embarrassed. I would clarify tonight that it’s just an accident”. She whispered before coming down. She can hear that the Park’s already arrive at the front gate.

 

When she arrives at the leaving room, she got surprise at the other person’s that is beside Cheon Dong. Dara Park? Dara park of 2ne1? Why is she with Cheon Dong?

 

A bulb seems to click on Uee’s mind. Isn’t it known to K-pop world that Dara’s brother is Thunder of MBLAQ?!

 

Uee eyed both brother and sister. No wonder he looks familiar.

 

All her question was clarified once they all sat for dinner. It was Dara that brought the lively atmosphere at the dining area.

 

“Did Cheon Dong forget to tell you I’m her sister? Omo! Im sorry, he must be starstruck in that moment”, Dara threw a sideway glance at Cheon Dong who just shrugs in response.

 

“I’m sure he must have also forgot to mention that his Thunder of MBLAQ?”

 

“Yes, he forgot to mention”.

 

Uee knitted her brows and look at Cheon Dong. Cheon Dong has clearly being silent in the whole conversation except for the customary greeting, he never spoke a word again and he refuse to meet Uee’s gaze.

 

Uee chooses to ignore him as well. Dara was not oblivious by the two’s attitude to each other.

 

“No wonder, he looks familiar to me the moment I saw him. Both of you, clearly resembles each other”, Uee answered.

 

Cheon Dong look at her, “We’re brother and sister, that’s why”, he said sarcastically.

 

“I can clearly see it, thanks”, she said taken aback by the way he said the words to her. He seems to be in a bad mood.

 

“I wonder,” he said raising a brow at her.

 

That ticks her off. She can’t let herself be defeated again. I won’t let you get away this time. I’m now declaring that you stole a kiss from me.

 

“Maybe you’re the one who forget that your sister is Dara Park of 2ne1 that’s why you forgot to mention her”.

 

“I will never forget I have a sister”, he said in gritted teeth.

 

Uee eat first a spoonful and drink a glass of water before answering, unnerving him in the process of waiting for her answer.

 

“That’s what you said”.

 

“Are you telling me, you don’t believe my word?”, he pondered.

 

She raised a brow. “Should I?”.

 

“I don’t tell lies. Furthermore, there is a reason I forget to mention her”, he said emphasizing each words he said.

 

Because of the kiss….He’s right we never got to that since our getting-to-know conversation was cut short by our impromptu kiss.

 

They both met each others gaze. After spending the night avoiding each others gaze now they seem to have a staring battle.

 

There small banters was not left unnoticed by there parents.

 

Mrs. Park, “Cheon Dong, is that the way I taught you on treating a lady?”.

 

Cheon Dong glances at her mother breaking his gaze to Uee’s ebony eyes. He bow a little and as well to the other elderly at the table then to Uee.

 

“I’m sorry for being out of line”.

 

Mrs. Kim smiles, she likes Cheon Dong not just for being polite but by the way he talks to her daughter. He brings out her true feelings inside.

 

Mr. Park cleared his throat, “The evening is almost finished. I think it’s about time that we know why we were invited to this dinner,” looking at Uee’s grandfather.

 

Everyone eyes the old man. The old man looked each of them but his eyes lingered on Cheon Dong and Uee’s. He folded his hands, intertwined it and rests it on the table.

 

“I have prepared this gathering to tell you all about my last will and testament. My last wishes”, he looked at Uee, “I will give all my fortune to my only granddaughter, Kim Ji-Yoon…Uee, it’s all yours”.

 

All eyes glued on Uee who looked dumbfounded and shock.

 

“B-But Grandpa, why are you telling us this? I don’t---she was cut off by her grandfather.

 

“I do, I know that you will refuse it, you, being a kind person. But listen child, I want you to have it. If you won’t spend it at least gives it to your future heir. I want to leave something for them in the future. I want to be a part of
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter