Epilogue: Just Like His Father

GRAND'S REQUEST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five Years Later…

 

“Omma! Omma!”

 

Uee’s face immediately brightens up as she heard the loud call for her. She just turned when she was greeted with a warm hug on her legs. She crouched as to meet the eye of her little angel.

 

“You arrived just in time”

 

“Of course, Omma!” her little angel animatedly answered while showing his small white teeth and dimples on both side of his cheeks, he continued, “We will never keep you waiting. Right, Appa?” he said then turned to his father that was standing behind him.

 

Cheondung raffled his son’s hair as he said, “He’s always excited when we picked you up, that’s why we are never late.” He answered while coming closer to Uee and gives her a light kiss on the lips.

 

She smiled. She just finished her shooting for the day and was already pack up when her husband and son arrived.

 

They where just outside the shooting location of her new Korean drama, outside a famous theme park, the shoot has ended earlier than scheduled, thus all the other staff and crew have already left. She let her manager and assistant to go ahead first because she knows that her husband and son will be coming.

 

 She holds their son’s right hand while Cheondung’s hand on the other side. They started walking to the entrance.

 

“Hhmm…I remember something today…or was it for tomorrow?” she said looking at Cheondung though waiting for her little angel’s respond.

 

Cheondung raises his eyebrow with a knowing look, both of them anticipating the younger man’s opinion and they don’t fail.

 

Uee felt a thug on her hand, “Omma, you promise that we will have fun today in the theme park…it’s today not tomorrow”

 

She smile but then tilted her head a little as if thinking more, “Hhmmm…I think I did say tomorrow…”

 

She waited for an answer but there is none. She lowered her face and saw her little angel, pouting but not saying anything at all. They stopped walking. She crouched in front of her son as to meet his eyes.

 

She can clearly saw that he has something to say but was restraining himself to say it at all in front of her thus the reason for the pout he was sporting.

 

Uee felt her heart melts. She loves her little angel, even more so when he is pouting, it was exactly the same way Cheondung did his.

 

“Do you have something to say to Umma?”

 

Her son still did not say a thing but then met her gaze. She smiled and held his cheeks, loving her small replica of Cheondung in front of her.

 

“Tell Umma what it is, I won’t get mad…”

 

Before her son answer, his gaze lifted up to Cheondung first as if asking permission and when he saw his father’s approval nod, he met her gaze and said, “Umma, I really want to go to the theme park today...but…”

 

“But…”

 

“But…if you want it to be tomorrow, it is also okay for me…Appa, said earlier that you maybe tired…”her son pouted but continued… “…so if you don’t want to go today, I will understand…”

 

Uee can’t help herself but be touched with her son’s obvious concerned for her. He was still so young but already knows how to put others first before himself.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay with it? If we go tomorrow?”

 

Her son, nodded. She stares at his pouting face that turned slowly into a smile and then nodded enthusiastically all of a sudden.

 

She knotted her brows. She already knew the meaning of this face, their son just had an idea and she knew it involve her and Cheondung.

 

“Yes, it will be okay. The theme park won’t be able to run anyway until tomorrow. It is glued in the land isn’t it?”

 

Uee stands up and leaned closer to Cheondung. Her husband encircled his arm around her waist and whispered to her, “What do you think he has thought of to make that face?”

 

Just like her, Cheondung also knows their son’s bright ideas.

 

“I have no idea yet…”

 

Cheondung answered their son's question, “ More of like, the theme park is built on the land, son”

 

“Ahh…”

 

Both of them just stared at each other due to their son’s obvious unenthusiastic answer, making it clear that he is thinking of something else.

 

Their little angel grabs a hold of each of their hand and started to walk in the direction of the parking lot.

 

As they were on the ride home, just when they were about to enter the house, their son said, “Umma, Appa, since I behave today…can I have a wish for tomorrow?”

 

They were surprise by the sudden wish mention but they both nodded in agreement.

 

“Yes! I’ll tell it tomorrow then!” their son hugged them both on the legs before running in through the house shouting in glee.

 

“What idea he has now?” Uee murmured as they climbed the stairs to their room.

 

Cheondung was holding her hands and said, “I don’t have any clue as well, do you?”

 

They were in the master’s bedroom and have changed their clothes into comfortable ones when Uee asked Cheondung, “What did the two of you did today?”

 

“Just the ordinary, we spend the day playing in the morning, then I went to the recording studio to check on our new artist, then we eat lunch. Visited Dara-noona’s house…and then back to the house…then---Cheondung’s explanation was cut off when he noticed Uee’s change of expression upon the mentioning of his sister’s house.

 

“What is it, honey?”

 

“What did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter