Grandpa's Sunshine

GRAND'S REQUEST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Kim Yoo-Jin was silently sitting on the back seat of After School’s van. They’ve just finished there rehearsal for the day and was about to go to their dorm.

 

“Hey, Uee!” she heard there leader, Kahi called her. As a member of the k-pop group After School she is much better known as Uee.

 

She quickly glances in the front to see where Kahi was seating.

 

“Ahmm, what?”, she asked.

 

Kahi give her a worried look before asking, “Are you alright? We’ve been talking about having dinner outside our dorm, are you okey with it?”

 

“Oh,of course. It’s fine with me”, she quickly answered.

 

Kahi’s eye lingered on her face before asking the other members of After School that is also in the van.

 

Uee looks at the screen of her cellphone. She has been holding it since they’ve finished there rehearsal. In it, was a text message she receive from an unknown number. Though the number was not registered in her mobile phone she already has an idea to whom the it was from due to the message it said…

 

Anonymous: We need to see each other…your father wants to see us both. He wants to tell us something important. Are you free for dinner?

 

She sighs. She’s been anticipating the text message ever since she comes back from her vacation on her parent’s ancestral house in Busan.

 

  [Flashback]

 

She has finally got to have a break after all the events that After School done and her debut as an actress. She chooses to go to Busan where her grandfather lived. Their house there is big and close with nature, a perfect place to relax and unwind.

 

Packed with her bags and gifts for her grandfather, she went to Busan unknowingly to her grandfather. She wants to surprise him.

 

But she was more surprise the moment she arrived…

 

  “Omma? Appa?, w-what are you also doing here?”, she was shocked to see both of her parents at the living room of there ancestral house the moment she step inside.

 

They told her that they can’t accompany her because of there work and busy schedule. But now, they are both sitting comfortably in the big sofa, her father is reading a magazine while her mother is peeling apples giving it to her father.

 

Her father immediately looked up, “Aren’t you happy to see us?”

 

“Wei, no! I mean, yes! Of course, I just got surprise, that’s all”, she said while walking closer to them. She quickly sat on the sofa and look questioningly at both her parents.

 

“How about your work?”.

 

Her mother smile, “We decided to take a vacation as well”.

 

She look at her father, “You too?”, she asked not convince. She has known for years that her father loves working. He’s a workaholic. It was only because of her mother that her father didn’t succumb to work completely.

 

“Yoo-jin, I decided to have a time for my family is that bad?”,her father said calling her by her real name of course.

 

She quickly shook her head left and right. “No, of course not!”, a smile form in her lips, “So it’s a family vaction now?”.

 

Both her parents nod.

 

She laughs and can not suppress her excitement. It’s been so long since the last time they have a “family time”.

 

“I’m just gonna fixed my things and come down again to plan what we’ll going to do this whole week, is that alright? Omma, Appa?”, she said excitedly

 

Her mother laugh, “Look at you, all excited”.

 

Uee stands up. Hug both her parents first before grabbing her bags to put it on her room upstairs.

 

Once she has climbed the stairs her parents looked at each other.

 

“How do you think she will react about the news?”, asked Mrs.Kim to her husband.

 

Mr. Kim looks at the top of the stairs where Uee just vanished to go to her room.

 

“I honestly don’t know, hon. But its father’s last wishes...and you know how close Yoo-jin to her grandfather”.

 

Mrs. Kim nod in agreement with her husband. There daughter still don’t know about the agreement her grandfather made in behalf of there daughter.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _  

 

After changing her clothes into a more comfortable one’s, she’s now wearing a simple white t-shirt, a denim shorts and a sandal, Uee went out her room.

 

I wonder, where’s Grandpa?

 

She looked to her grandfather’s bedroom but he is not there. She kept looking though.

 

When she was still little she was used to playing hide-and-seek in the house while her grandfather was the one who will play “it”, since she’s an only child, she has grown to be close to her grandfather who took care of her whenever her parents have to go to abroad because of business.

 

She love her grandfather so much that’s why whenever she has time off her busy schedule she make it a point to have a vacation in there, to spend time with her grandfather.

 

“Grandpa!”, she called after a couple of minutes still not seeing him.

 

She was about to go downstairs to asked her parents where he is when she heard laughter coming from the garden. The house has a small terrace on the second floor and below it is the garden. Not minding to come down, she went to the terrace to look where was the laughter coming from.

 

There she spotted her grandfather talking with a young man. She called, “Grandpa!”.

 

The two men look up. Her grandfather smile, “It’s my favorite granddaughter!”

 

She smiles, completely forgetting about the young man just beside her grandfather.

 

“Yah! I’m your only granddaughter!’, she playfully teases loud enough for him to hear below.

 

Loud laughter was heard from her grandfather. His eyes brighten and he seems to be still healthy at his old age.

 

“That’s why you’re my favorite! Will you come down here? You’re mesmerizing us with your beauty along with the beaming sun rays!” her grandfather said while giving a quick glance to the young man on his side.

 

Having heard that from her grandfather, that’s only the time she took a second glance to the young man by her grandfather’s side. She slightly blushes even though she can’t see clearly who the young man due to the high sun rays.

 

Omo! I forgot to act properly. To hide her embarrassment she answered her grandfather, “I’ll just come down there”, she said before walking away from the terrace to go downstairs and into the garden.

 

Once she’s in the garden, she quickly gives her grandfather a hug. Her grandfather was sitting in one of the four chairs in a round table that is place in the shady part of the garden. The young man with him was sitting in the chair beside it, on her grandfather’s left side.

 

“I miss you, Grandpa”, she said and took a sit on a chair on her grandfather’s right side.

 

Her grandpa smile.“Oh, you sweet child. Thank you for visiting me”.

 

She gives him an answering smile, “I just arrive and you’re already thanking me, wait till you see my gift for you”. She said teasing him.

 

Her grandfather’s laughter filled the garden, “Wait, and let me guess what you brought me again”.

 

It has been her habit to always bu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter