57. Friend

[1] Be Mine (내꺼 하자) Part.2

 

 

 

“WHAT??!” now it’s Eunji’s turn to cover her ears.

 

“Wow, I didn’t know you could yell like that.” Eunji commented rubbing her ear and looking around the classroom. “Since the two of you were missing yesterday.. Kai had this idea to follow him and so we did.” You nodded urging her to continue.

 

“We found him walking to the library..L.joe told me he never read books! And so, it became more suspicious." "Go on." you whispered. Eunji leaned more closer to you. "We sneaked in and saw him sat down in front of a girl there!” “And?” you leaned more closely in curiosity.

Eunji held your shoulders and shake you a little. “He peck her cheek!!!” you were about to squeal so she covered your mouth just in time. “Sshhh!” The door opened and your classroom teacher arrived.

 

Eunji groaned at the sight of your class teacher, she hates him and the subject the most. It's English, so you just sniggered at her misery. Because, in contrast to her, you love it and Teacher Park likes you since you're the only one participating in recitations.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

You arrived in the parking lot and entered your car. You toss your bag on seat beside you before you started the engine.

You stepped on the gas and about to leave when suddenly you caught sight of a girl crossing the way. Good thing you hit the break just in time.

 

You watched the girl's back as she walks and realize that it was Chorong when she her side to talk. After a few moments, someone came into view.

 

It was him. He entered the same car that Chorong went in before the car drove off.

 

 

“Nari, come out please! I’m begging you.” You heard Luhan said from the other side when you stubbornly stayed in your seat with head still in its initial position. “Are you okay?, please tell me that you’re okay. Let me see you please. Nari, please” he pleaded, no, begged.

 

After a few minutes, you exhaled and decided to follow the stubborn prince. You took off your seatbelt and unlock your door, at the same time Luhan stepped back to give way. Once you got out, Luhan quickly held your shoulder and checks on you from head to toe. “You’re not injured?” he inquired. You shook your head.

He sighed in relief. “I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.”

 

Another memory flashed in your mind.

 

 

 

“Ohgod!” you jolted in surprise when knocks on your window cut your train of thoughts.

 

 

 

 

“S-sunbae?” Lay waved at you and smiled. You immediately rolled down your window. “Do you need something sunbae?” you asked. Lay leaned down resting his palm in his knees.

 

“I didn’t bring my car today and seems like the guys already left.” He said while looking on the direction of the parking lot.” He frowned and looks back on you. “If it wasn’t too much to ask, can I request for a ride?”

 

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive it instead?” You shook your head. “I’m more comfortable if I’m the one driving. Don’t worry sunbae.” You assured him but Lay still kept on glancing at you. Actually he did bring his car and the guys were still in the lounge. He arrived there before you came, and before Luhan and Chorong entered the scene. He just had a feeling that you might need someone for a while so he lied to you.

 

Lay noticed how you’ve change from the Nari they know before you left Japan to the Nari they’re seeing now. Somehow, you’ve lost your….light?

 

“Sunbae just tell me when to turn, cos I don’t know your house.” You glanced at him and smiled breaking his thoughts. But to Lay, you’re smile is different, like you’re just faking it. “Sure.”

 

 

~~~

 

“You should come down too.” You waved your hands and shook your head. “I’m fine sunbae. I had to go somewhere—” “I insist Nari. At least have a tea before you leave.” You bite your lip in thought. “Ohhhkay.”

 

 

“I’m sorry if it’s not spacey.” Lay chuckled as he lets you in his house. You were surprise that there’s no maid around knowing Lay came from a wealthy family too. Also, his house seems smaller than yours. “Why it’s so quiet?” you asked instead of asking why you don’t see any maids or any other person inside.

 

“I live alone. My family is in China.” He said as he offered you the couch to sit on. "I'll just put down my things and get our drinks." You nodded at him and Lay disappeared on a corner. You sat down and look around. His interior seems very calm. The house doesn't have a second foor and every room are quite narrow if you compare it to the houses you've been before.

 

 

Lay came back holding a tray of Tea set. You watched him as he prepared the drink and serve you your share. "Jasmine  Tea?" you questioned. "Yes. wait, you don't like it?" Lay anxiously asked since it's the first time he had a visitor except for the boys of EXO-M. You frantically shook your head with a smile. "No, I'm just asking sunbae. I used to drink this before because Ms. Anne from my home in US loves it."

"I see, well, its the only tea I have here because Luhan likes it too. We would drink this when we want to talk some things.." "Gossip?" you asked with a sly smile. Lay chuckled. "Of course not, but yeah sort of issues."

 

"You're from China right? Why did ou decided to live here instead? This may cross the line, you can just ignore my questions if I'm making you uncomfortable.." The latter shook his head. "It's fine. Actually, Luhan said that they’re moving here so I decided to follow them but since my parent’s business is in the mainland they stayed behind. That simple.” Lay flashed you a shy smile before he held up his cup and took a sip and you mimicked him.

“You came here because he did?” I can’t even utter his name now? Wow.

 

“Yes, Luhan suddenly decided to move out, his life is in mess before the decision was made. I’m worried about him so I decided to move as well. I’m only fifteen years old back then and he’s just sixteen so I guess we tend to make decisions without thinking the consequences.” He let out a small laugh.

 

“Did something bad happen?” you carefully asked in a low voice. “It’s a long story Nari. I’m sorry I couldn’t share it to you since it wasn’t my story to tell.” He sadly told you. “No, it’s nothing sunbae, it’s fine, I understand.”

 

“I’m just glad now that it turned out well.” He stood up and turned to you. “Do you want to listen to a song?” you blinked at him and he showed you the piano. “Oh. Sure! I love listening to music.”

Lay placed himself infront of the grand piano and his fingers started dancing against the white and black surface.

 

 

He’s such a loyal friend. You thought as you watch him playing the instrument with calm and serene expression.

 

 

 

 


Author's Note:

 

guys, so many Lay feels these days.. T^T

my mind is in mess as well. i don't know WHO to blame, WHAT to say. HOW to react.

-ctto- nobody should be allowed to make this angel cry ・(/Д`)・.

 

How come my chapter titles goes well with EXO happenings and my feels?? >.<