77. Going Back

[1] Be Mine (내꺼 하자) Part.2

 


A/N: 77..LuHan’s number.. so let’s have a throwback shall we?.. let’s go back to ‘Foreword’! :D

 

 

 

You went to school in complete uniform to get your papers and decided to still attend your whole day classes since it’s already Friday anyway. It was spent like the usual once again and you’re happy that Sehun kept his promise not to tell anyone about it.

 

 

You went to library to return all the books that you’ve borrowed, the amount is not a joke I’m telling you..you carried about thirty books! You told the librarian that you have to leave later tonight so you’ll return everything now. She was beyond surprised. You’re one of the few students who will spend the rest of the day with her and with the books after the classes were over.

 

After that, you hand her one of your book entitled ‘Flipped’. “What is this?” you shrugged. “I just thought that you might need a little romance in life.” You told her with a grin. She pushed her glasses up and smiled at you. She thanked you for it and told you that she’ll miss you. She even asked you to sign the book you gave her before you left.

 

 

When you exited the library’s building..you came across with the soccer field again.

 

They were practicing there. Some students were there to watch. Some were even cheering and the cheering squad was also there practicing.

 

“It’ll be the last time…” you whispered before you slowly walk to enter the place and went to watch as well. You remembered the seat you took when you first encountered him and decided to seat there. You pat the seat and smiled at it. “It’s been a long time, my friend.” You giggled at your silliness. It reminds you of how Sehun talks to grocery items when you two are out to shop, specifically, to his favorite snacks. (refer to C.03, Couple?)

 

 

[Flashback]

You place your feet flat on the grass and placed your book and a pencil on your lap. You pulled out your water bottle that you always place in your bag pack and lift it to your lips.

 While drinking, something hit your hand, rush and hard! The water flushed down in your small throat rapidly that made you gagged. You cough non-stop when the water reached your nostril. Good thing it didn’t came out of your nose but it hurt so much that your eyes got teary so you pinched the bridge of your nose hoping to ease the pain.

 

A pair of pink and neon mint green sneakers appeared in front of you, just a few inches away from your feet. You followed it up and ended up with an innocent looking face with a blank expression. Your eyes met for a good two seconds before he bends down and grab the ball that’s resting on the bench on your left side. The thing that just hit me earlier is a huge and not-so-soft soccer ball. He threw the ball back to the field and turned back to you.

 

You were about to waved your hand and say the word ‘it’s okay’ thinking he felt sorry for what happened when he suddenly blurted “That’s what you get for trespassing in our place.” he said coldly and he did emphasize the word ‘our’. An annoying smirk appeared in his lips after that before he turned away. You look around and then noticed that no one is around the bleachers except from you.

You followed his retreating back until he reached his friends and they high fived each other. You’re pretty sure you heard one said, ‘nice goal’ and ‘you can always hit the target’. Although you’re still not perfectly fluent in Chinese, you still can read every word enough to write an essay and understand words enough for them to make sense.

 

Your fist clenched and your head boils in anger.  “It’s not an accident and he did it on purpose!”

You then decided to pack your things and leave the place that’s when you noticed that your water bottle emptied itself in your lap where your book is resting.

You quickly tried to save your book but it’s already too late. All the pages of the book got drenched and your blouse is wet as well. Your cheeks heated up because of embarrassment and you got mad once again. You grab your bag and swung it on your back before you gripped your wet book. You stomped your way to his direction, making sure that your eyes won’t leave that face.

 

His friends saw you before him because you’re actually facing his back. You stood right behind him and in just a second after he turned around….your dripping wet hard book slammed flat in his gay face. His friends eyes widened in your action while he’s still frozen.

“Next time, don’t claim something you don’t really own because as far as I know, this place belongs to the school, belongs to him!” I pointed out one of his friends.  “ and thank you for ruining my book and forcing me to change my uniform. I appreciate it very much.” Then, you dragged yourself out of the soccer field. 

 Just as I thought that was the last thing he'll do, he proved me wrong.

 

~~~

 

"What are you doing here?” you asked him irritated.  You are now rummaging your locker for another set of uniform. Classes were already over but Sehun asked you to wait for him because his mother wants to have a dinner with you, you then stayed behind. “Are you here to apologize 'cause I--"

He scoffed and tucked his hands in his pants’ pockets. "Apologize? Oh please. I don't even know such word exists!" he stepped closer making you stepped back automatically.

 

"Jung Nari, be my girlfriend."

 

He smirks at the long pause from you, thinking he got you there. "A-are you a-asking me to--" Luhan let out a short laugh. "NO. I will never ASK anyone, that's actually an order! Starting tomorrow you--" he got cut off by a loud slam. You slammed your locker close before facing him giving him a glare.

 

"YAH! Are you insane?! What's the purpose of owning a hospital when you can't even have a proper check-up?" Although you don’t care much about everything in school, you still know the backgrounds of few students. Especially him and his friends, but ofcourse, you still don’t pay attention to them. "What?" he was dumbfounded. No one dared to raise a voice at him before..EVER.

 

You shook your head while clucking your tongue. "Tsk, poor you.” You pouted mockingly.  “Visit your own hospital, okay?” you faked a smile before you glared at him again. “I'm outta here!" you announced and steps forward. But before you could walk out again, Luhan grasp your wrist and glared back at you. You didn't even flinch like normal students.

 

 

"Did you just reject me? ME?!” he scoffs once again and pinched the bridge of his nose. He couldn’t believe what’s happening right now. “This LU HAN??!" Luhan almost shouted at her in disbelief. Every girl would dream to be his girlfriend or even just hearing his confessing words could kill them. And then there’s you…

 

 

You flashed him another bitter smile. "Well..if that was your intention in the first place..then yes, master." You smirked at him and walk away. LuHan just stared at your back till you’re gone once again.

 

[end of flashback]

 

 

 

You smiled remembering that certain day. You straightened your skirt and stood up from that certain seat that started it all. You slung your bag on your back and face the field once again. You then caught sight of someone from afar.

 

 

He was there, standing still in his spot in the middle of the field, holding the ball with both hands, and.... staring back at you.

Luhan…

 

 

 

 

 

You smiled at him wholeheartedly although you were sure that he couldn’t see it..

“Thanks for the not-so-good memories jerk..” You whispered before you turned to the side and walk away with heavy heart. Goodbye, Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

Nari….

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Luhan probably sense that there's something wrong with her..

especially when she actually smiled at him! (only if he really saw it despite the distance)  she never does that before..gosh LUHAN! do something!! ><
(now I sound like a reader leaving a comment haha)

 

He got to know her name right after the incident bcos fortunately, Chen is one of her chemistry classmates, remember?

As said in 'meet the characters' Chen befriends anyone so he knows a lot of names, and Chen was with him when the slap happened. kk

 

one more thing,

Nari's flight is right after class and so, she'll just go home to change her clothes and proceed to the airport already..

I'm sorry guys.....

 

ONLY 3 CHAPTERS LEFT~~ >_<