Anniversary

HERSHE (TIAOM)

Tiaom fanfiction, tina suppanad, aom sushar, yer or no

Kim glanced back at the ladies' room entrance to check if the little woman is still there.

She's one of the girls Van introduced yesterday. What was her name again?

"Kim..."

She turned around and saw the other girl the small one was with yesterday. "Oh, hey."

"Do you still remember me?"

Kim squinted her eyes. "Mmm, Jane, right?"

It made the woman clap her hands in joy. "I'm glad you remember!"

"Of course. So, this is where you're at?"

"Yes. We're located at the center of this floor. Pie is sitting across mine," said Jane, pointing at the table behind her.

Kim shifted her eyes to where Jane is pointing and saw a table with lots of stuffed toys. The biggest of them is a green turtle.

"You remember her, right? She's the petite girl who's with me yesterday," asked Jane.

Yeah, she's the one in the ladies' room a while ago.

"Yeah, I remember. I can tell she likes stuffed toys, eh?" said Kim.

"She's a kid at heart," Jane whispers, "but sometimes a monster."

Kim chuckled. "That's cute, though. So, she's fond turtles?"

"Yeah, she loves them so much. How about you, what are the things you're fond of?"

"Mmm. I love taking pictures."

"Pictures? Like portraits?"

"Yeah, it's a hobby since I was in high school. Guess I've developed a skill out of it," said Kim, resting both her arms on the terminal.

"That's interesting. What are your subjects then?" Jane stood up from her chair so they could talk closer.

"Anything interesting; nature, landscapes, animals; but I’m more focused on humans."

Jane's face lit up. "Wow. That's cool. If I may ask, why humans?"

"All cool,” said Kim, smiling. "I just find contentment from looking at a human shot, a smiling human to be exact. I love smiles."

Jane kept nodding. "Do you think I can be one of your models?"

"Yeah, you sure to be not the camera-shy type."

Jane giggled after hearing that. "Of course I'm not. Do you usually prefer taking pictures outdoors or indoors?"

"I do both. I travel before to take outdoor pictures. As for indoors, I don’t have a studio yet so I usually do it in my place. "

Jane’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. "You live alone?"

"Mmm-mmm."

"Where do you live then?"

Kim held off answering after getting a glimpse of Pie from her peripheral vision. Unconsciously, she was expecting a little welcome from this person. To her surprise, Pie just walked past them and went straight to her terminal without even saying hi.

Getting a bit disappointed, Kim turned back to Jane and decided to play it cool. "Just around the corner."

"Oh. I bet you've already brought a lot of girls in your apartment," Jane teased.

"Huh? No. No. I'm not that type of person.” Kim chuckled as she shakes her head. She instinctively looked at Pie and noticed that the latter's head is slightly tilted to Jane's direction.

"I hate to say this, but with that looks of yours, I don't believe you, Kim," said Jane.

"Haha! I'm not like that. I do things professionally."

"Fine, if you say so. By the way, do you have plans later after work?"

"Yup. Why?" Kim took one last quick glance and noticed that Pie is already doing something on her computer.

"Going out with friends on a Friday night?"

"Something like that. Why do you ask?"

"I'm planning to shop around after work. I was just wondering if you'd like to go with me?" said Jane, smiling widely.

"Uh, well, I'd love to, but I can't cancel this one. It's an anniversary celebration," said Kim shyly.

"You already have a girlfriend???"

Kim laughed. "No. No. It's my friend's."

Jane's face became gloomy. "Oooh, that's sad..."

"I'll make it up to you next time."

Jane's eyes sparkled with the idea. "You promise?"

"Of course."

"Yes!" Jane raised both her hands as if had won a contest.

Kim couldn't believe what's happening to her. Her first week in her first job wasn't bad, in fact, it was perfect. She's been receiving warm welcomes from everyone except for this one specific lady.

She looked back at Pie's direction and noticed the latter secretly smiling. Kim smiled to herself.

Hmm… she's listening…

---

Kim's Apartment

Kim unlocked the door and entered the unlit room. She switched the lights on, bringing brightness in the entire place. Then she went directly to the fridge, grabbed a Vodka Cruiser and sat on the couch with her arms and legs stretched out.

She sipped from the bottle, staring lost at the wall.

What she told Jane earlier was true, she's really going to celebrate an anniversary. However, she's doing it alone.

Sigh. It's been a year now.

---

"What? You're leaving?" asked Kim, shocked. She's sitting in the same spot on her couch.

"I got accepted into this modeling agency in Singapore."

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?"

"Because I didn't know that I had the chance to get in."

"W-when are you leaving then?"

"The day after tomorrow."

"What? How long?"

"It's a year contract, Kim."

"One year? That's a long time, Nam."

"I know. That's why I came here, to let you know."

"Just like that?"

"Why, were you expecting something else?"

Kim attempted to speak but now words came out of . It took her time before she was able to blurt out what’s going on her mind.

"W-what's going to happen to us?"

Nam stood in silence for a while. She then exhaled. "Kim... I... I admit that I felt something for you these past few months. It was special, really..."

Kim felt her heart beating faster this time. The anticipation is bringing her agony.

"But..."

"Nam —"

"But I am still unsure of this."

"U-unsure? W-what the hell is that?"

"Kim, you are completely aware that my biggest dream is to become a model, right?"

"I know."

"And I am expecting that you would be the first person to understand why I am taking this opportunity."

"But, Nammy..."

Nam didn't say anything. She stood up there silent, eyes focused on the floor.

"Do you love me?" Kim finally asked.

Nam was taking time to respond. A long silence drifted between them.

"Just tell me right now, do you love me?" Kim insisted.

Nam shrugged. "I... I don't know..."

"You don't know? Then what is this we're having now? What do you call this?"

"I don't know. I don't know!" Nam finally looked into Kim's eyes.

Kim stared at Nam’s eyes and noticed nothing else but confusion. She knows the reason why.

"I know this is about my studies, right?"

"It's not like that. I just have a dream."

"Can't I be part of that dream?"

"How can you be a part of it? All you do is just fool around. You're never serious about anything."

"So, it really is about my studies."

"Kim, I don't blame you for being a rich man's brat, okay? But being with you for quite a while made me realize that you don't have a plan in your life. You even quit school just to travel around and take pictures of people everywhere."

"It's just one more year, Nam. If you want, I can enroll next semester to finish my last year in college."

"That's not my point. I just don't think you're serious in your life. Honestly, I don't even think you're serious about me either."

Kim stared at Nam directly, stunned.

"Whatever this is we're having now, this has to stop. Besides, I'm leaving. It would be better if we go our separate ways." Nam turned around heading to the door.

"Nam... I... I lo —"

"Stop it, Kim. Don't say that just because you felt you need to say it at this moment."

Kim bit her lip and looked down instead.

Nam turned back to her. "I'll be back after a year. I guess we both need to do a lot of thinking about our own lives, about us. I'm not even sure if what we're feeling right now is momentary or not."

Kim nodded.

"I'll keep the duplicate keys to your door for now. I'll return them to you when I come back. From there we can decide if we should take whatever we're having now to the next level or just remain friends."

"Nammy..."

Nam smiled. "After a year, Kimmy, I promise. I'll just barge in your door like I always do."

Even though it was against her will, Kim forced a smile.

---

Kim stood up from the couch and went into a small room beside her bedroom. She turned the lights on and framed photos appeared after hiding from the darkness. The biggest one is a gorgeous girl that looked so cheerful sitting on a bed. She's wearing a white satin dress and her eyes were so joyful that the positive vibe reflecting on the image will make you smile even just by looking at it.

Kim stared at the photo and touched it.

Nam, it's been a year now. Should I still be waiting for you?