Sleepover

HERSHE (TIAOM)

 

The next day...

As what was told in the news, the low-pressure area will bring scattered rain showers throughout the weekend. Because of the rainy morning, Pie's mom decided to drive her to the office today to save her from the hassles of commuting, making her the first member of their team to come in that day.

She her PC without bothering to look at their IM because she knows that Kim hasn't arrived yet. Apparently, Kim woke up a bit late today. They had a long call they had last night, which happened after getting home late from their dinner date.

Pie pulled out her phone to reread a message from Kim thirty minutes ago:

Driving now. See you later. Love you!

Pie covered to try suppressing a squeal from escaping . Up until this moment, she can't bring herself to believe that they are together now, that Kim is hers, that out of the numerous fangirls in the office it is her who had caught the latter's attention.

"I guess that smile means you're okay now, huh."

A cold voice from behind startled her. Pie was so high up in clouds that she didn't notice Jane is already looking over her shoulders.

"Is that Kim?" asked Jane, walking back to her table to put her bag down.

Instead of confirming Pie glared at her friend. "I'm still mad at you, do you know that?"

"Mad at me for what?"

"For telling Kim."

"Oh, that. So, she really went to your place yesterday, huh? Shouldn't you be thanking me instead?"

"But you told her everything... and it's so embarrassing..."

Jane chuckled. "So, did you two talk about what happened?"

"Yes, and we're okay now."

"Okay like...?"

"Just... okay..."

"Will you spill out more details?"

Pie tried to recall how exactly the talk went but her mind jumped on what happened during their dinner date, and even on their phone talk that made her giggle in delight numerous times on her bed last night.

"Oh. My. Gosh. I know that face, Pie, I know that face," said Jane, pointing a finger.

Pie, who didn't realize that she was already smiling, immediately pursed her lips. "What?"

Jane bent down in front of Pie to hold her hand. "Tell me, can I squeal now?"

"S-squeal for what...?"

"Well, you said you two are okay, right? Does that mean that she already knows you love her?"

"Y-yes..."

"And you know that she loves you too, right?"

"Mmm-mmm..."

Jane held Pie's hand tightly. "So, are you guys together now?"

Pie looked at her friend with a coy smile. Thinking about the revelation yesterday still sends giddy feelings all over her body. She knows there's no need to hide it now, besides Jane has the right to know about it because she helped in settling the issue over. Pie finally gave a nod to confirm it.

"Yes, officially together since yesterday."

And Jane really did squeal.

---

Pie decided to get her morning coffee after that short talk with Jane. She is passing by the elevator area when the lift door opened, revealing Kim from behind.

"Hey," Kim greeted right away, walking towards Pie.

For the first time in her life, Pie doesn't know how to greet someone. She knows that a simple “hi” would do however a part in her wants to run and embrace the approaching person. She was thankful that her brain is functioning well at the moment, keeping her sane and reminding her that they are in the office.

"Hi," Pie answered back, tucking her hair behind her ear.

I swear I shouldn't be nervous like a teenager anymore, right?

Kim pulled her bag straps over her shoulders and coyly whispered, "I missed you..."

The urge to wrap her arms around Kim is kicking again; Pie hugged herself instead. "We were together just last night, right?"

"I know, but I still miss my baby."

"You're crazy."

"I'm crazy about you..."

Pie playfully hit Kim's arm. "I didn't know you have this mushy side."

Kim chuckled. "You don't like mushy?"

"I can handle mushy as long as we're not doing it here in the elevator area where all the employees are passing by."

"Right, right."

"Where's your necklace?"

Kim pulled out the thing inside her shirt to show it. "Did you think I'd forget to wear this?"

"No, but I'm just making sure that you wear it out now."

"Hmm? Really? What's with the sudden change of mind?"

Pie folded her arms across her chest. "Nothing. Just letting your fangirls know that you belong to somebody else now. Tell them to talk to me if they are having issues with it."

Kim's mouth formed an O shape. "Ooh. Wow. You look hot when you're possessive, huh," she whispered, nudging Pie a little. "I like it."

"I'm serious, okay?"

"I know, I know..."

"It's almost 8 o'clock now, Kim. I suggest that instead of flirting here early in the morning you better log into your PC now or else you'll be tagged as late."

"Yes, boss," Kim said enthusiastically, matching with a straight body and a salute.

Pie laughed at it. "I'm serious, Kim. It's already 7:59," she said, showing the time on her wristwatch.

"Oh , I really should go now. See you later, honey," whispered Kim, patting Pie's head.

Pie watched as Kim disappear from her sight. She smiled and shook her head before resuming her steps to the pantry.

If I knew I'd be this happy I shouldn't have denied this for long.

Office romance isn't an issue in their company if the two employees involved aren't from the same department. Since Pie doesn't want to make an issue out of it especially to the fangirls, they've decided to keep it low-key. They aren't keeping it a secret but they have no plans of announcing it to everyone either. Excited Jane and Puey couldn't help but feel glad and sad at the same time knowing that Pie, their baby, has finally grown up.

---

It was Friday afternoon the same week. Kim and Pie are still in the parking lot, discussing where to have dinner this time.

"Why don't we go to your aunt In's restaurant?" Pie suggested.

"I want to but it's gonna be a long drive," said Kim, slumping over the steering wheel. "I'm kind of tired, Pie. Aside from the distance, I'm sure there'll be heavy traffic because it's been raining the entire day."

Pie stretched out a hand to Kim's nape. "Are you feeling alright? Is your head aching?"

"It's just lack of sleep. Someone has been keeping me up late since Tuesday."

Pie raised an eyebrow. "What, so you don't like talking to me?" She was about to pull her hand but Kim grabbed it.

"Hey, I'm just kidding, okay?" said Kim, kissing the back of Pie's hand.

Pie still managed to pull her hand away. "Hmp. If you don't want to stay up late then go find someone who will not talk to you every night."

"Hey, are you seriously mad at me?"

"Hmp. Don't talk to me."

Kim chuckled. She poked Pie playfully on the arm. "Hey, baby, stop being grumpy or else..."

"Or else what?"

"Or else... I'll kiss you..."

Pie turned to Kim with a deadpan look. "Some kind of threat there, huh..."

"Well, it is a threat for someone who has never kissed, right?"

"Wow, talking like you're an expert?"

Kim blinked.

"Unless you lied to me, I believe you and Nam never kissed before, right?" Pie said with a mocking smile.

"Are you trying to tell me that I can't do it?"

Pie raised her palms up. "That didn't come from me."

"Hah, are you challenging me? I can give you a lip-lock right here, right now if you want."

Pie snorted, expressing her skepticism.

Without further ado, Kim leaned forward in a swift to bring their faces closer. Victory sparkled in her eyes when she noticed Pie unconsciously moved back in defense.

"What? Afraid of me?" asked Kim, smirking.

"N-no," said Pie, looking away, blushing. "I just didn't expect that."

"You've challenged the wrong person, honey."

"Oh really? Is it normal for your heart to beat that fast? I can literally hear it, honey."

The two engaged in staring contest until Kim gave in. She eventually pulled back with a defeated smile. She knows Pie is right. She's freaking nervous.

"Admit it to yourself, Kim, you just can't do it."

"You're lucky that I deemed this place inappropriate for our first kiss," said Kim, finally starting the car engine. She pointed a finger at Pie. "Come that time you'll be in trouble, young lady."

Pie chuckled at that. "Okay, if you say so. So where are we going?"

"I don't know. Is there any specific food you'd like to eat tonight?"

"Why don't you cook dinner for me this time?"

"You mean at my place?"

"Yeah. While watching a movie?"

"Sounds great. But what time should you be home?"

"Who says I'm going home? I'll sleep over there."

A smile broke out across Kim's face. "This is going to be fun."

---

They bought some ingredients first from the supermarket before heading to the apartment. Although everything looks organized and clean, nothing has changed since the last time Pie's been there; the couch is in the same position. The furniture are still placed at the same exact place Pie had seen them before.

Kim went straight to the kitchen with the grocery bags. She filled up a glass with water and puts it on the counter. "Thirsty?"

"Oh, thanks." Pie walked towards the kitchen and drinks from the glass. Her eyes roamed around the area, unconsciously starting to think what she should do to redecorate the place. "This place could use some colors, Kim."

Kim was busy arranging the ingredients on the counter. "Ah yeah? Feel free to redesign it."

"You've been living here for years and you haven't thought of adding some decorations or so?"

Kim shook her head while washing her hands in the faucet. "Interior designing isn't my thing, Pie. It's boring."

"It isn't boring. You are boring," Pie mocked, putting down the glass. "Your apartment looks boring because of you."

Kim snorted as she wipes her hands dry with a cloth. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"You ARE boring."

"Oh yeah, really?" said Kim, dropping the cloth and slowly taking steps towards Pie, a mischievous grin plastered on her face.

Knowing something's up with her girlfriend's mind, Pie took a step backward. "Kim, what are you thinking?"

"Nothing. You wanna see how BORING I am?" Kim slowly resumes walking step by step, trailing her hand along the counter.

"No, Kim, no..."

"Why don't we have a little fun so you won't get bored?"

Pie changes her stance in defense position, taking another step backward. "Kim... this is not fun, okay?"

"Booo!"

"Eeeeee!" Pie attempted to flee but her attacker ran after her immediately. "Kiiiim!"

"Hahaha! I see the baby wants to play chase, huh?"

"You won't catch me!" Pie teased, sticking her tongue out.

"Let's see then. Waaaaa!"

"Eeeeeee!"

They eventually reached the couch where they were circling around.

"Kiiim! This is not fun anymore!" Pie exclaimed, still trying her best not to get caught.

"Not until I catch you!" Kim jumped over the couch and caught Pie on her waist, the latter screaming and laughing at the same time. "Gotcha!"

"You cheated!" Pie can't do anything now as Kim's arms were wrapped around her.

Kim plonk herself down on the couch along with Pie who landed on top of her. Both were panting from the little chasing they had.

"Your heart is beating fast," said Pie, her ears against Kim's chest.

"Yeah, chasing you has always made my heart go crazy."

"You're being mushy again."

"People are mushy when they are in love, honey," said Kim, caressing Pie's hair.

Pie brought her head up to look down at Kim. "Oh, really?"

They stared for a little while until Kim couldn’t bottle up her admiration for her girlfriend.

"You're so beautiful," said Kim, leaning forward for a forehead kiss. "I love you."

A sweet smile drew across Pie's face. "Why do you love me?" she asked, wagging her feet.

"I don't know. Do I need reasons to?"

"Well, not really. Just wondering…"

"How about you, why do you love me?"

Pie looked away, thinking of anything to say. She gave up in the end with a smile. "I don't know either."

"See?" Kim chuckled. She traced a finger on Pie's face. "When did you realize that you love me, hmm?"

Pie scrunched up her face. "Hmmm, I'm not really sure. Maybe this Monday, during the party?"

"Just this recently? Seriously?"

"I don't really know. I mean you've always been special to me, and I know I've been jealous of your girls ever since, but yeah, I didn't think I was in love at first. How about you? When did you realize that?"

A smile slipped across Kim's face. "I forgot."

"Ugh, you're not supposed to forget things like that," Pie retorted, slapping Kim's arm.

"Haha! I'm just kidding."

"So, when exactly?"

Kim let out a loud exhale first before saying, "Remember the first time we had breakfast together in the office?"

Pie looked up trying to recall when it happened. "Mmm, that was last December, right, before the New Year's off?"

Kim guided Pie's head to her neck as she hummed to agree. "I went home that day smiling, realizing that I'd fallen for you."

"Wait, you mean you already felt it even before we went to Pattaya?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Oh my gosh, Kim, oh my gosh..."

"What?"

"You took advantage of me in Pattaya!"

Kim laughed. "Oh, c'mon, I wasn't the one who pushed us to go there, remember?"

"Yeah, but you still managed to score while we were pretending!"

"Hey, the farthest we've done is cuddling in front of Nam and Shone, okay? And let me remind you that pretending wasn't my idea," said Kim. "If I had known better I think you liked me long before we've actually flirted."

"Yah! Conceited!"

Kim quickly steals a cheek kiss from Pie. "Mmmm! You're so cute!"

Pie blushed at that. She leaned forward to kiss Kim's brow, cheek, and then chin. Pie buried her face back into Kim's neck. "Can we cuddle like this for a little while?"

"How come you kissed my face yet avoided my lips?"

"I'm afraid I might be bad at it."

"Impossible. Want to practice on me?"

Pie looked up and saw Kim already looking at her. She immediately flushed after noticing the smile on Kim's lips. She buried her face back down again. "I don't want to disappoint you..."

"Oh, you surely won't. C'mon, look at me," said Kim, lifting Pie's chin and gazing into her eyes.

"S-should we really do it now?"

"Don't you want to?"

"Umm..." Pie looked up the ceiling. "I'm feeling a bit conscious because your lights are too bright."

Kim smiled and traced a finger on Pie's lips. "Excuses." Out of nowhere, she felt Pie's stomach growls against hers. "The kiss can wait but your stomach can't. Let me get up now to prepare something for my baby."

"But I still want to cuddle," said Pie, tightening her hug.

"We can cuddle all night long, honey. Let me just prepare you my masterpiece recipe."

"And that is?"

"Boiled eggs. Perfectly boiled eggs."

"Wow, that's exquisite."

"And mouthwatering." Kim winked at her. "Why don't you take a shower first while I prepare food? I'll get you pajamas."

Pie had always loved a nice hot shower on a cold rainy day. She felt her stress being washed off by the warm water. She can't take the smile off her face while listening to the sizzle of the pan from the kitchen.

Eeeeee! I still can't believe that this is happening!