Horror

HERSHE (TIAOM)

 

"," Kim muttered after seeing signage in front of her. She just came back from a quick phone call with her dad without having any idea which rides Pie had chosen first.

Pie walked closer, linked her arms through Kim's while sipping from her juice box. "What's the matter?"

"Uhh, nothing..." Kim looked away.

Pie sensed that there is something wrong. She looked up the signage to check on what Kim saw.

Horror House – Where Your Worst Nightmares Come True

Pie almost spat her drink out with what she realized. It was followed by a soft mocking laugh.

"What?" asked Kim.

"Oh, I guess we have a scaredy cat here, huh?"

"I'm not scared," Kim sneered.

"Just what?" Pie bit her straw, still having that mocking smile on her face.

Kim's eyes examined the hem of her jacket and played it with her hands. "I'm just... just afraid of the dark..."

Pie burst out laughing this time. "So, the office heartthrob is a Nyctophobia?"

"Hey, don't laugh at me." Kim pouted. "I have a serious fear of darkness..."

"Do I remember someone telling me earlier that she walks on the wild side and laughs at the face of danger?"

"I was thinking of the rides that time, not this one..." Kim grunted. "I never thought that you're a fan of horror."

"You're now included in the list of few ones who know it." Pie looped back her arm through Kim's and dragged her.

"Are we seriously going in? I might have a heart attack there, you know..." Kim was still not moving from her spot while Pie was pulling her.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." Pie tried pulling with much effort this time, but Kim stayed glued to the ground.

"Please, let's just take the rides instead..."

"We'll take the rides later, let's do this first." Pie pulled Kim again but the latter won't even budge. "C'mon, don't be a wimp now."

"Hey, I'm not a wimp, come here you..." Kim suddenly pulled Pie closer to her.

It was too sudden that Pie's brain wasn't able to process how to balance. She landed face-first on Kim's neck, breathing in an intoxicating combination of the latter's cologne and body scent. It was just for a split second but it's enough time to completely enthrall her.

"Hey, princess, stop sniffing me..."

Pie had suddenly awoken from the short-term hypnotism, shoving Kim away from her. "Excuse me, I'm not..."

"Ha, maybe you're not but your blushing face tells me otherwise."

Pie stomped a foot and turned her body away. "Ugh, I hate you. I hate you..."

"Haha! Don't be mad, boss, come here." Kim put an arm around Pie's shoulders. "Let's go get some rides now, okay?"

"Nope, no rides yet."

"What? Still not giving up the horror house?"

"Definitely not."

Kim pinched the bridge of her nose. "Ugh, can we just drop this off?"

Pie shook her head. "Let's go in now..." She tightened her grip on Kim's hand and tried pulling the latter to the entrance. When she felt that Kim isn't budging, she stopped and shot a death glare. "KIM!"

Then from a hard rock, Kim turned into a soft jelly. "Ugh, nooo..."

---

"WAAAH!"

Pie was laughing crazy at the sight of the terrified Kim. Hearing Kim's ludicrous yell every once in a while turned the horror house into a comedy show for Pie.

"Meanie!" Kim hissed while she was walking close to Pie. "Jeez! Why does the exit seem so far away?"

"We're still halfway there, could you make sure your heart stays in place?" said Pie.

"Yah, it's not funny," Kim glowered. Just before she was able to fully recover from the recent shock, a skeleton jumped out of nowhere and surprised them. "Waaaaaaaah!"

Pie was shocked too but after the skeleton disappears she can't help but laugh again. "I wonder what your fangirls would think if they found out that you're a ghost wimp?"

"Ugh, I don't care. Besides, like I said, I'm not afraid of ghosts, okay? I'm afraid of the dark."

"Woo, reasons..."

"Yah, don't tell me you're not scared of anything?"

"Fortunately, I'm not as scaredy cat as you are," Pie boasted.

"Psshh."

Squeak... Squeak...

Pie stopped from walking. Kim halted beside her.

Squeak... Squeak...

Kim sensed that something is wrong when Pie reached to link their arms together. "What's the matter?"

"Did you hear that squeaky sound just now?" Pie raised a finger, signaling for silence.

They stood up silent for few seconds trying to make out another squeak.

"Uhhh, I don't hear anything," said Kim, shrugging.

Squeak... Squeak...

"THAT!" Pie exclaimed, tilting her head left and right to look for the source.

"Yeah, I heard that." Kim looked around too.

"I don't know, but I don't like the sound of it." Pie clenched her hand on Kim's arm. They were walking slowly.

Squeak... Squeak...

The sound went louder this time. Pie looked at the direction where the sound came from and even though it was dark, she clearly saw the furry creature walking around just a few inches away from her feet.

"Eeeeeeeeeee!" Pie jumped screaming, rushing to Kim.

"What was that!" Kim also panicked, didn't saw what Pie had seen.

"Rodents! Rodents! Eeeew!"

"Ah?" Kim saw the rat moved quickly to get something from one of the boxes on the ground and escaped right away. She felt Pie's whole body was shaking against hers. "Hey, stop panicking, it's gone now."

"Where did it go?"

"It ran away after seeing you're scared of him."

Pie slowly turned around to observe the area. "Is it really gone?"

"I think so..."

It was then when Pie realized that she was hugging Kim. "Oh... I'm sorry..." She jerked from Kim's hold and fixed her blouse.

"Not scared, huh..." Kim sniggered, partly covering with a hand.

"It was a rat, for Pete's sake, Kim..." Pie folded her arms on her chest. "And I hate them so much."

"They hate you too, don't worry," said Kim, earning a glare from Pie.

Pie rubbed her palms over her arms, still can't erase the image of the rodent in her mind. "They are so disgusting, ew!"

"You're afraid of rats and I'm afraid of the darkness, it's just the same thing, right?"

Although it's dark, Pie saw how Kim's lips formed into a lopsided smile, which to Pie is one of Kim's irresistible assets. She turned around when she realized that she's being possessed again.

"Hmp. At least I'm scared of living things, unlike you, scared of the unknown." Pie walked forward, leaving Kim behind.

"Oh, c'mon, Pie, wait up!"

---

"Hey, Kim, let's take a picture together!"

There was a photo booth near the exit of the horror house. Pie excitedly pulled Kim by her arm.

Although Kim was letting Pie drag her inside the booth, she voiced out her hesitation. "Uh, don't you think it's creepy to have a photo booth inside a horror house?"

Pie pushed Kim's shoulder down, forcing her to sit on the chair. "Oh, c'mon, it's just for souvenir." She sat beside Kim.

"Welcome. Please choose the type of frame you want."

They looked at each other. Kim shrugged, telling Pie to choose whatever frame she likes. There's a small screen in front of them. Pie chose the simple frame with a haunted house silhouette design.

"Thank you. Your picture will be taken in ten... nine... eight..."

"This will be a nice souvenir!" Pie clapped her hands together.

"Seven... six... five... four..."

Pie leaned her body closer to Kim. "Make sure you smile, okay?"

"Fine." Kim pressed the corner of , attempting to smile but failing.

"Three... two... one..."

"BOOOO!!!"

"Waaaaaah!!!"

"Eeeeeee!!!"

Before the camera flashed at them, there was sudden scary bam music from the speakers behind while a beheaded figure appeared in front of them and disappeared in a blink. Kim and Pie shouted and jumped at the same time.

"That was a nice pose! Your pictures are currently in process. Please wait a second."

"Oh, , I thought I was about to die there," Kim gasped, rubbing a hand over her chest.

On the other hand, Pie's hands were on her head. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh..."

"Your pictures are now ready."

Pie took the picture out and they started laughing again. Instead of them smiling, they were captured screaming. Both their eyes were widely shocked. Their mouths were opened in fury and scare.

Pie couldn't make out a word to say. She started to hold her stomach with one hand while the other was still holding on Kim's arm. "Stop!" she said as she's already feeling her stomach hurt quite a little.

"That was totally crazy!" said Kim, almost dying while laughing so hard.

"What a nice souvenir, huh?" said Pie, wiping tears of joy from her eyes.

"A scary souvenir I would say." Kim chuckled. "Would you like to keep both?"

"No. You should get a copy too. The other one is mine and the other is yours."

"Seriously? Do I really need to keep this embarrassment?"

"Yeah, you should. It's a souvenir, okay? Now give me your wallet," Pie commanded, waving her hand in the air.

"Wallet?"

"Yes, wallet. I'll put the picture in your wallet and I'll put it in mine too."

Kim scratched her head to protest but Pie didn't give in. She pulled her wallet from the back pocket and handed it to Pie.

"This is our first picture for this day, okay?" said Pie, sliding it in. "You should keep it."

"Yes, boss."

"Good." Pie continued walking to the exit door.

Kim took one last look at the place. "Phew, finally. I can't believe I survived this." She turned back to the exit and followed Pie's trail. "Where to now, boss?"

Pie turned to her and smiled. "Let's go get some real rides this time."