Stroll

HERSHE (TIAOM)

  

 

Pie slowly opened her eyes and had a glimpse of the sun peeking through the window. She's not in the mood to get up yet because she’s comfortably hugging the middle pillow and doesn't want to let go.

When she moved her hand to for the other pillow she was surprised to feel a skin instead of fabric. She opened her eyes fully and found out that it was Kim she was hugging all along, her hand on the latter’s exposed abdomen.

Oh my gosh!

Pie parted herself immediately. Kim is still sleeping in a starfish position, mouth slightly opened. Pie searched for the middle pillow and found it kicked out of the bed.

Was I hugging her the entire night?

She brought a hand to her lips, wondering how they end up in that position. She knew it was her who slept last because she was already hearing tiny snores from Kim before everything went black for her.

She was thankful though that she woke up first. She's not sure how Kim will react if she woke up finding Pie hugging her nicely.

Pie scratched her head as she gets off the bed. She prepared her things first and went to the bathroom. She stood under the shower, letting the warm water flow over her body. Her mind is still occupied with the scene she had woken up to.

Calm yourself down, Pie. Calm yourself.

She went out of the bathroom and found Kim, who was just awakened from her deep sleep, currently sitting cross-legged on the bed and still like lost in thoughts; hair is still messy and eyes are half-opened.

"Good morning," Kim forced to greet her while struggling to stay out of dreamland.

"Morning." Pie faked a smile. She went to the mirror while drying her hair.

"Did you sleep well?" asked Kim, stretching her arms out.

Pie was looking at Kim's reflection in the mirror. Strangely, although Kim looks like a kid who just woke up, she still looks cute. "Yeah. How about you?"

"It was fine." Kim scratched her rib with a hand while looking for something on the bed. "Where's the middle pillow I put here?"

"I found it on the floor when I woke up."

"Oh really? I remember I hugged it last night. I guess I might have kicked it out," said Kim, smiling, not having a single idea of what happened. "What time is it now, Pie?"

"It's 9:37."

"What! It's already nine-thirty?" Kim panicked. She stood up from the bed. "What time did you get up by the way?"

"About an hour ago."

", I overslept! Are you hungry now?"

Pie smiled. "A bit."

"Okay. Give me fifteen minutes. I'll just have a quick shower."

"Okay."

---

Kim went out of the bathroom earlier than what Pie had expected. Pie is sitting on the bed while watching some cartoons when Kim passed by in front of the TV. Kim's wearing a white v-neck shirt and black shorts, making her look simpler but as charming as always.

Pie suddenly wondered how many girls in the office would kill each other to be in her shoes right now.

Although she doesn't swing that way, Pie knew that she's lucky enough to be with Kim. If any of the fan girls in the office would find out what they are doing, Pie knew that they'd surely envy her, and some will even kill her.

"Something on my face?" asked Kim.

"Huh? I'm watching cartoons, Kim."

"Watching cartoons while looking at me?" Kim chuckled.

"Excuse me," Pie scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I didn't know I was staring at you. I was lost in deep thoughts."

"Okay, if you say so."

---

They went out for their late breakfast and walked around the resort after. Kim brought her camera and took some pictures around the place, Pie's solo, and them together. Although Nam isn't there and pretending is something they don't need to do, Pie was unaware that she'd developed a habit of clinging on Kim's arm whenever they walk. Kim didn't mind it since she enjoys it anyway.

While touring around the resort, Pie noticed some random stares aimed at them. Eventually, she realized that those stares were all meant for Kim. A lot of females in the area have been checking her out. Pie knew the exact reason why. She can't deny it herself, Kim is absolutely a catch.

A vendor approached them while they were walking along the beach, "Hey kid, want to buy this for your lovely girlfriend?"

Kim wasn't sure if the old man was talking to her. She pointed herself and asked, "Me?"

"Yeah, who else has a lovely girlfriend here?" the old man answered, his eyes on Pie.

"Uh..." Kim felt shy that the man mistook them as a couple.

Pie squeezed Kim's arm and answered the old man with a smile, "Yes, we're together."

The old man felt relieved. "Just as I thought."

Kim forced a grin. Sometimes she doesn't really know what's running on Pie's mind.

"What do you have there, mister?" asked Pie.

"Well, I do have a lovely couple necklace here for a lovely couple like you," the man said, pulling out two necklaces.

"Wow." Pie covered in amazement after seeing the couple necklace. It's an interlocking butterfly heart pendant necklace.

"What do you think, kid?" The man raised the necklaces in Kim's face. "Buy something memorable for the girl."

"Um —"

"How much is this?" asked Pie, reaching for the item.

"I'll give great discounts for a lovely couple."

 

Pie turned her head to Kim, plastering a could-you-buy-this-for-me smile.

Since they were only pretending, the last thing Kim expects to happen is for Pie to agree on buying something like that.

"Y-you want that?"

"Yes..." Pie's eyes were shining. "They're lovely..."

"Are... you... serious...?" Kim asked again. She isn't sure if Pie wants that because of the design or she wants to buy that just to show it to Nam.

"Oh, c'mon kid. Your girl wants it. No need to ask questions," the vendor said, obviously trying to make out a sale.

Pie gave out her child-like expression that Kim cannot resist. "Please...?"

Kim let out a deep exhale and smiled at her defeat.

After the vendor walked away from them, the two were left staring at the necklaces they just bought.

"Isn't it cute?" Pie has been locking the pendants together and detaching them repeatedly. "See? They match."

"Yeah." Kim is just chuckling at what Pie is doing.

"Now I want you to wear this one and I'll wear this one." Pie handed Kim the necklace with the butterfly pendant and kept the one with the heart pendant for herself.

Kim stared at the pendant. "For the party later?"

"Not only for the party, wear it for the entire trip."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. This is going to be our souvenir for this trip. Let's just make the most of it while it lasts."

---

The couple went to walk further on the beach to enjoy the scenery. Kim continued taking pictures. Not too long they saw a small tattoo shop.

Pie grabbed Kim's arm. "Hey. Let's get in there."

"You want a tattoo?"

"Let's just get a henna tattoo. I've been always wondering how it feels to have a real one but my mom will surely be mad at me. At least henna would do," Pie asserted.

"Sure," Kim agreed. "You go in now. I'll take some shots here first."

Pie went in alone and found out that there are no other customers at the moment. She saw pictures hanged on the wall. Most of them were previous customers who were taken pictures while getting inked.

"Want a tattoo, miss?"

Pie was slightly shocked when she heard a woman's voice from behind. She turned around and saw a tattooed woman standing.

"Umm, I just want to have henna."

The woman grabbed something from the table and gave Pie photo albums. "Let me know which design you like and where you wanna put it," she said, chewing gum in .

Pie was a bit disappointed in how uninterested the woman is in servicing her. "Okay."

Right on time, Kim just went in while reviewing the pictures in her DSLR. "Hey, have you decided on a design yet?"

Pie continued to flip the pages. "Hmmm... I'm still thinking what's best for us..."

Kim turned around when she felt someone poked her from the back.

"Hey there cutie, want to get inked?" the tattooed woman asked. Her voice went from low earlier to high pitched now.

Kim, who is popular for being nice, automatically smiled back at the girl. "Hi there..."

Pie raised an eyebrow. The girl was showing a different attitude right now compared to how she was treated earlier.

"Uh, well, we're planning to have henna," said Kim, pointing at Pie.

The girl glanced at Pie with disappointment and went back to Kim. "Your girlfriend?"

Pie raised an eyebrow. She went back to the photo albums, picked a picture, and dropped it in front of the girl. "Yes, I am her girlfriend, and we'd like to have this couple henna tattoo on our hands."

The woman popped a gum as she stared at the picture. It was a picture of two hands holding each other with the butterfly tattooed on them just below the thumb. Half of the butterfly was both drawn on each hand.

"Should cutie here go first?"

Pie is starting to get annoyed at the woman’s boldness. "Yeah."

"Okay." The girl grabbed Kim's hand to pull her inside. "Come here, cutie."

Pie watched them as the tattooed woman led Kim to the area and instructed her to sit on the chair. The woman held both Kim's hands. "Oh, you have soft hands. Which one should I put the henna on?"

Kim felt shy as the girl is pressing her palms tenderly. "Ah... well..."

Pie flexed her jaw. She walked in to sit near them. "Please put it on her left hand. Put the other half on my right hand."

The girl popped her gum again. "With pleasure." She turned to Kim and asked, "Is this your first time here?"

"Nope," Kim answered while watching the woman start doing on her hand. "I've been here several times now but this is the first time I'd get henna."

"How long are you gonna stay here?"

"Until tomorrow noon."

Pie was just silently listening to the conversation with her arms folded on her chest.

The woman stopped for a second to look at Kim. "Oh, that's too bad. You should've visited me yesterday. I could give this to you for free if you went here alone."

"Ehrm... erhm..." Pie cleared for a warning. She can't understand how this woman has still the guts to flirt knowing that Kim's girlfriend — which is her — is just standing by.

Kim noticed that and scratched her head instead. "I really don't have plans of getting henna first. But my honey here wants one so I’ll get one too."

The woman didn't seem to mind what Kim said. She stood up and dragged her chair closer to Kim. The latter tried to move her body away but the woman leaned even closer.

"Stay still, cutie, it's easier for me if we do it this way," said the woman as she looped her arm through Kim's and held the latter's hand to continue the drawing.

Aside from the obvious fact that the tattooed artist is irritating, Pie was also feeling annoyed at Kim who seems to be enjoying whatever the girl is doing.

"Wait, lemme get something." The woman stood up and leaned over to reach something from the drawer behind Kim. This move gave the woman a chance to be real close to Kim like they were hugging each other.

Kim moved her head aside to somehow give way to the woman. She then accidentally caught a glimpse of the woman's black lacy bra, with her bursting from the sides and front of the bra. Kim tried to move her eyes away but those bumpers are literally right in front of her face.

"Kim!" Pie called.

Kim saw Pie raising an eyebrow at her. She doesn't know why but she's shaking her head, telepathically tell Pie that she didn't mean to look at those.

Pie continued giving Kim a you'll-be-dead-later-if-you-won't-behave look.

"Okay, I got it." The woman moved back and sat beside Kim.

Kim glanced at Pie again, plastering an 'I'm innocent' grin.

The tattooed woman seems to be taking every opportunity she has. She reached for Kim's hand again and placed it on her lap, making Kim's arm touch her bumpers.

Kim was not actually thinking about the woman. Instead, she's worried how Pie would think of her. "Uhh… miss —"

"Excuse me, miss," Pie called, "my honey seems to be uncomfortable with your position. Could you just go back to sitting in front of her?"

The woman is obviously not interested in whatever Pie has to say. She popped her gum again but eventually gave in. "Fine."

It didn't take long though to finish the drawing on Kim's hand. Pie swapped immediately and got hers done faster. Pie paid for the bill this time. They went out of that place immediately and decided to go back to their room to prepare for the event later.

---

They are currently walking on the hallway to their room. Kim was staring at her left hand observing the half butterfly design.

"I have to admit, it looks cute."

"It'll look even better if we do it this way," said Pie, reaching for Kim's hand to complete the butterfly drawing. "See?"

Kim smiled. Pie has no idea how her simple gestures like that could make Kim the happiest person in the whole wide world now.

"What are you smiling at?" asked Pie.

"Nothing."

"Nothing? I bet you're just thinking about that tattooed woman, huh?"

"Huh? I'm not, Pie, c'mon..."

"Well, weren't you just staring at her bumpers earlier?"

"Those things are in front of my eyes. What should I do?"

"I don't know, but I am sure I caught you looking at 'em."

Pie continued walking ahead, both hands on her back. "You know what, I really think your future girlfriend will have issues with you being nice to people, especially to those who are obviously interested in you."

"How can you say so?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why, don't tell me you're jealous?" said Kim, stopping at her tracks.

"Excuse me, I'm not..." Pie rolled her eyes.

"Oh really?"

"Apparently, you forgot that I asked you to be faithful to me, right?" said Pie, stopping at her tracks too to face Kim.

"I know. But you said I should be faithful in front of Nam, and Nam wasn't with us."

"I was just playing in character because I'm afraid that she might still find it out."

"Oh really?"

"What exactly are you pointing out?"

"So, you're not jealous, not at all?"

"I'm not Kim, I'm not." Pie continued walking ahead.

"Where are you going then?" Kim asked, not moving from her spot.

"I'm going back to our room, of course."

"Going back to our room? Pie, our room is here." Kim pointed at the door on her side.

Pie stopped walking upon realizing that Kim was right. Her mind was too occupied to even notice that.

Kim was already giggling when Pie turned around with a sulky face.

"What?" Pie asked as if threatening.

"Nothing." Kim can't control her laughter. She opened the door. "Just get in now, your highness."

Pie didn't say anything and walked back to enter the room first.

Kim shook her head, still can't get the smile off her face.