Honey

HERSHE (TIAOM)

  

 

Ugh! What now!

It’s already 1:57 am and Kim is still wide awake. She's supposed to be asleep by now because of her early schedule but the idea of picking up Pie in the morning, like a real girlfriend, is keeping her excitement up to the highest level. Endorphins flooded her brain and it just won't allow her to sleep.

She'd tried everything she can to doze off to dreamland. She's not sure how many times she's been rolling on her bed just to find the most comfortable position that could put her to slumber. She fell asleep past three in the morning.

Groggy Kim woke up at six o'clock and felt like she'd slept for fifteen minutes only. It doesn't matter though because she doesn't want to be late. After she bathed herself she saw a text message from Pie.

Good morning! Let me know when you're on your way. I'll be waiting for you outside my gate :)

Kim grinned in excitement. This is one of those moments she appreciates living alone because she doesn't need to worry about someone seeing her in that state: giggling in delight like a crazy person.

Pie was already waiting outside her house when Kim arrived. Pie purposely set it that way because she wanted to avoid the possibility of Kim getting out of the car and be seen by her mom. Pie had set her mind to enjoy this trip over the weekend and she doesn't want her homophobic mom to ruin it.

When she entered the car Pie was taken aback by Kim's charm. This is not the first time this has happened. In fact, this keeps on happening during each first sight. Kim is wearing a simple printed black shirt and sunglasses. Pie is still wondering to herself how this person could look so appealing in whatever she wears.

Kim on the other hand, as usual, is always mesmerized by Pie. She never imagined in her life that a girl could be so girly in that way. Whatever Pie is doing; sitting, walking, thinking, frowning, everything is just making her heart melts. She's still wondering how things ended up that way. It's like a dream come true for her: spending the weekend alone with Pie plus she gets to pretend that they are together. What could be better, right?

After their work, the pair quickly stopped by at Yam's place to get the flowers they'd reserved the other day. They drove straight to their destination, enjoying the view on the way, talking about random stuff, and occasionally teasing each other.

They finally arrived at the resort. Kim saw Shone and Nam right away when they entered the parking lot. The two were waiting for them just outside their car. Shone signaled Kim to park beside them.

After parking the car in place, Kim didn't realize that she was staring at Nam. She can't deny that Nam's presence still gives her uneasy feelings.

"Hey," Pie called, squeezing Kim's hand on the gearshift. "We're going to enjoy this trip together, okay?"

Kim’s heart melted at that. "Of course, of course, we surely will. C'mon."

Pie stepped out of the car first. "Hi, guys!"

Shone welcomed her with a quick hug. "Hello, Pie, mmmm! I'm glad you two got here safe."

Nam came close for a cheek kiss. "I'm so happy you both really came here!"

Pie faked a smile, unsure if Nam was sincere about what she said.

"Hey there." Kim closed the door on her side. She walked towards Nam with the bouquet in her hands. "This is for the celebrant. Happy birthday, Nammy."

Nam smiled. "These are beautiful! You shouldn't have bothered yourselves. But then, thank you."

Kim stood beside Pie after handling the bouquet. "That's from us."

"Happy birthday, Nam," said Pie, linking arms with Kim.

"That's so sweet of you guys, thank you."

"You're welcome," Pie and Kim said in unison.

"By the way, Kim, is it just me or you looked kind of tired?" asked Shone, concerned.

"Honestly I'm a bit tired. Traffic was terrible," said Kim, massaging her temples.

"But did you get some sleep last night? Your eyes are dark," Nam followed up.

"I slept early but I woke up early too. I had to pick up this baby from her house this morning." Kim patted Pie on the head.

Feeling guilty, Pie wrapped her arms around Kim's waist. "Awww, my honey is tired because of me."

Kim didn't expect that move from Pie but then she recovered immediately. "It's okay. It's as if I have a choice. You'd be mad anyway if I didn't pick you up, right?"

"Of course! That's your responsibility to me."

Kim laughed, amazed at Pie’s acting. "I know, I know. I'm not complaining, okay?"

Pie hooked her chin on Kim's shoulder, tightening her hug. "I'll give you a massage later, what do you say?"

"Okay, okay, you better get a room now, you two cupcakes," said Shone, handing them the keycards to their room. "We hope you’ll like the rooms here."

“Thanks, Shone. And I think we will,” said Kim.

"Our room is just across yours," said Nam.

Pie secretly smiled to herself.

You wouldn't really let Kim get out of your sight, would you?

"Nam's birthday celebration is tomorrow night," said Shone. "Let's just meet later, maybe after an hour, for dinner. Just drop your things first and you take a short break, Kim."

"Okay, see you after an hour then."

"Enjoy your room guys." Shone patted Kim on the shoulder as they walk passed them, giving her a weird grin.

Kim swallowed a lump in . She knew Shone meant something with that.

---

"Woooooow! This is awesome!" there was an extreme excitement in Pie's voice when they opened their room's door.

Nam had reserved them a deluxe ocean-facing-room which is defined by a wooden accent theme — green and brown. The interior is elegant and comfortable in the eyes. There is a king-size bed that opens to a furnished balcony overlooking the landscaped water park and the beach.

Pie went to open the balcony door and stepped outside to check the view. "I can't believe it! Nam has surely a good taste, huh?"

Kim was amazed too with the interior of the room. It's cozy and the view outside is nice. But what's gotten her attention at the moment is not the view, but the bed.

Do I really have to sleep beside her later?

Her eyes wandered from the bed to the balcony where Pie is currently standing and staring outside. She traced Pie's image from her head, down to her back, down to...

Oh, my gaaaaad! Please don't let sanity snap out of me even for a second!

When she noticed the silence, Pie looked back to check on Kim. "Hey, are you okay? Could you close the door please?"

"Ah, yes."

Kim turned to shut the door behind her. She had forgotten everything she needs to do when she saw the bed. She put her mobile phone on the bedside table to pretend she's doing something.

Pie isn't dumb not to sense that something is still bothering Kim. She went back in and dropped her sling bag on the couch. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah," Kim lied.

"Is Nam bothering you still?"

"No. Headache is just attacking. By the way, are you okay with... with this?"

 

Pie looked at where Kim was pointing and saw the king-size bed. "Okay with what?"

"The… the bed..."

Pie placed her hands on her waist. "Honestly I think it's too big for us."

"Yeah, but are you comfortable sleeping beside me?"

Pie raised an eyebrow. "Ahh, so you were thinking of thaaaat..."

Kim avoided Pie's eyes right away. "I'm just worried that you're not comfortable —"

"Pssh. Oh c'mon, Kim, don't worry about it. I was expecting this would happen."

Kim felt at ease with what she heard. "Oh, you did?"

"Yeah, and I don't have problems with that. It's not like you're gonna force me into it," Pie snickered, waling around to observe the entire bed. She turned to Kim again when the latter was still silent. "You won't do that, right?"

Kim chuckled. "Of course, I won't. Truth is I am more worried that you might do it to me."

"Excuse me!" Pie scowled, giving Kim a who-do-you-think-you-are look.

"I'm not sure of your intentions yet, honey. You're the one who insisted on going on this trip, right?"

"Ah, so you think you're a catch, eh?" Pie glared to scrutinize Kim from head to foot.

"I never said that."

Pie went to the bed and arranged the pillows, putting some of them in the middle. She went back standing, folding her arms on her chest.

"You sleep on the right side, I'll sleep on the left side, you okay with that?"

"Do we really need to put pillows in the middle?" asked Kim.

"Yes, we do, because I'm afraid that I might assault you, honey," Pie sarcastically said, putting emphasis on the last word.

Kim laughed. She was glad that the tension she's feeling earlier had already vanished.

Pie walked towards the bed and sat on it. She looked up to observe the ceiling design. "Since we're talking about that, I wonder, is Nam gonna think that we're doing woo-hoo here?"

Kim waved her hands in front of her as shyness caught her right away.

"Oh, c'mon, Pie, not that again!"

It's easier for Kim to joke about that but every time the term woo-hoo comes out from Pie, she can't help but feel awkward. Sometimes she wonders how Pie can ask about that thing so innocently.

Pie laughed. "Why are you so shy about woo-hoo? It's not like we're gonna do it, right?"

"It's just too awkward to talk about it."

Pie stretched out her right hand to Kim. "Come here."

Kim didn't react.

"Sit beside me, honey," Pie used her sweet tone while tapping her left hand on the space beside her.

"W-why?"

"Let's do it."

"Do... what...?"

"You know..." said Pie, having a y grin playing on her lips.

Kim's jaw dropped. "Uh, stop kidding me..."

Pie laughed again. "You ert! You're thinking of something else, weren't you?" She patted her hand again on the bed. "Come here, sit beside me, I'll give you a massage, remember?"

"It's okay. You don't have to do that."

"Tsk. Kim!"

"Uh, yes, yes." Kim followed immediately. She climbed on the bed and sat beside the boss.

"You said your head was aching, right?" Pie positioned herself to face Kim, put her hands in Kim's hair and began massaging the latter's scalp. "I will be a bad girlfriend if I won't take care of you."

"Aww, that's so sweet of you, honey."

"Does it help?"

"Yeah."

The feeling of Pie's caress on her scalp is just so soothing that it is actually relaxing her. Unconsciously, she was already staring at Pie.

Sigh. You're so beautiful.

Pie felt awkward when she sensed Kim's eyes were fixed on her. Her hand stopped. She docked her head down, avoiding those eyes, afraid that she might lose her senses if she'd looked at those again.

"Umm, Kim?"

"Y-yeah?"

"Can I give you a back massage instead?"

"Mmm, if it isn't too much trouble for you, I think that's better."

"Yeah, just..." Pie signaled her hand for Kim to turn around.

Kim turned around right away and Pie's palms landed on her shoulders.

Instead of making her feel better, Pie felt worse. Seeing Kim's back had some sort of hypnotizing effect on her. Kim's back is inviting her to wrap her arms around and execute a back hug.

Oh my gosh, what's happening to me?

"Are you okay, Pie?"

"I uh... I think it's better if you lie on the bed instead."

"Oh, okay." Kim was about to move when she realized something, "You wouldn't want me to take off my shirt, right?"

"Of course not," Pie sneered.

"Haha! Don't be mad there, honey." Kim rolled herself on the bed. "How should we do this?"

Pie pointed a finger at her side. "Just lay prone here and I'll massage you."

Kim positioned herself comfortably on the bed, lying prone with arms stretched up. "Ahhhh, this bed is sooo soft..." She d a pillow to snuggle her face into it. "Honey, are you sure that you won't break any of my bones?"

"Crazy. You'll enjoy this, honey."

As Pie put pressure on the back of Kim's neck with her thumbs, gently moving them in tiny circles, Kim felt pleasure and relief right away.

"Oooh... that's good..." Kim mumbled into the pillow. "Where did you learn to do that?"

"I don't have formal training on this. I'm just used to massage my dad before and he loved it too." Pie's hands worked slowly down Kim's back.

"There... you're getting the right spot... there.... oh my, you're really good at this."

Pie was happy to see Kim enjoy her massage. "You got a lot of stress here, honey."

"Yeah... I know.... You know what... honey..."

"What?"

"Your... your future boyfriend... I think... is going to be... a one... lucky guy..."

Pie smiled as she continuously Kim's back. "You think so?"

"Mmm-mmm."

"Why?"

"Well... there are many reasons... but I... can't tell them... to you..."

"Why not?"

"I'd love to tell you... but... I can't remember... a thing now. Your hands... they are... distracting my thoughts..."

After few more minutes, Pie noticed that Kim isn't moving anymore. She tucked her hair behind her ear to listen closely. She smiled when she heard little snores.

Poor Kim, guess she's really tired.

She let Kim take a short nap while she arranged her things. She went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and found Kim in the exact same position when she got out. She walked towards the bed, bent down and leaned her body on the edge to stare at Kim closely.

Look who's sleeping like a little kid.

This is one of those rare cases when she has the courage to look at Kim's face directly without worrying that those piercing eyes will stare back at her. Pie moved her hand to brush Kim's silky bangs from her face. Then like a spell that always affects her, she cannot control her hand anymore. Her fingers wandered on Kim's thick eyebrows, down to her eyes, her nose, and her...

Wait, what am I thinking?

Pie pulled her hand slowly. She turned around and sat on the floor, resting her back on the bed frame.

Sigh. I'm getting crazy.

Mmmm-mmmm... mmmm-mmmm... mmmm-mmmm...

She was startled when she felt Kim's phone vibrate on the bedside table. She grabbed it to check the caller. Kim allowed her to answer the phone if it's Nam.

Hmm?

Her expectation was wrong. It wasn't Nam. The phone was flashing a picture of Kim and a woman standing closely, smiling, with Taipei 101 in their background. The contact name is Y-A-M.

Oh, it's Yam. I didn't know that they were together in Taiwan.

She waited for the call to end before she placed it back on the table. There's no way she's going to disturb Kim's sleep just to answer an unimportant call.

Bzzzz...

Pie raised her head when she heard the door buzzer. She stood up to open the door.

This time I'm sure it's her.

"Hi." Nam smiled at her.

"Oh, hey."

"Just checking if you guys are okay with your room."

Or maybe you're only checking what we're doing?

"Uh, yeah. Well, it's really nice, Nam. We both love it. Thank you."

"That's good." Nam nodded. "So, are you guys ready for the dinner?"

"Ummm..." Pie turned to check on the other person inside, giving Nam an ample space to get a glimpse of the sleepy head. Pie turned back to Nam to confirm it, "Kim passed out."

"Aww. She's really tired, isn't she?"

"Yeah. I just gave her a massage to relieve her stress."

"Oh." Nam bit her lower lip and nodded again. "Could you wake her up for me later? Just give her few more minutes for a power nap? I wouldn't want to wake her up but she hasn't gotten her dinner yet."

"Yeah, sure. I wouldn't let her sleep without having dinner either," said Pie.

Nam seems to have run out of things to say. "I guess we'll meet you in the lobby after thirty minutes?"

"Okay, thirty minutes then."

"I'll see you in a while." Nam walked back to her room.

Pie gestured a nod and closed the door. She walked towards the bed and leaned over to stare at Kim's face again.

I wonder what you would do if Nam tells you she still loves you?