Fast

HERSHE (TIAOM)

 

So, she likes Kim. Ugh. Isn't it too fast? She just met Kim today, just this afternoon. She couldn't be in love, right?

Pie is currently lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, fiddling her hands on her tummy. What May told her earlier made her feel anxious.

It's your entire fault, Kim! She screamed in her head while punching through the air. You've just turned May to be your newest fangirl because you're so flirty! Ugh! Stupid, Kim! Stupid!

Pie turned aside to check on her phone. Why isn't she texting me? Is she busy? Doesn't she miss talking to me?

She d for a pillow and hid her head under it.

Uhh. I'm going crazy.

---

The next day, Pie found May already in the office when she got in. She can't deny that this intern is a good one. Her chances of passing are really high.

"Hi there," said Pie, turning on her PC.

"Morning, Ms. Pie."

"Wow, you look amazing today. Partying later?" asked Pie, noticing make-up on the intern’s face that she has not been doing in the past few days.

"Not really." May smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I just want to feel pretty today."

"You are always pretty, dear, don't worry."

"Thanks..."

Pie grabbed a wet tissue and poured a rubbing alcohol on it.

"Umm, Ms. Pie, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure." Pie started cleaning her table with the wet tissue.

"By any chance, are you close friends with Kim?"

Pie's hand stopped. "W-we're friends, why?"

"I just want to know if she has a girlfriend..."

"The last time I checked, she's single," said Pie. She resumed cleaning her table. "But I'm not sure anymore. In case you're not aware, many women are just throwing themselves at her."

"Oh, is that so..." May looked disappointed.

"You really like her?" Pie asked to re-assure, hoping that the answer would change.

May nodded shyly. "How about you, don't you think she's cute?"

"Uh, well, she is charming, yes."

"So, you like her too?"

"Umm..."

"Ms. Pie..."

"Yes?"

"You're blushing, hihi..."

"Am I?" Pie’s initial instinct told her to look around to see if Jane is already there. "You're a crazy kid. I just easily blush when asked about things like that."

"So, you do like Kim…"

"All the girls here in the office like her, May. What you're feeling now is really normal," said Pie, dumping the used tissue in the trash bin below her table.

"All the girls? Including you?"

"Do you want me to fail you in your training?"

May chuckled, raised her hands to surrender. "I'm just asking you, Ms. Pie..."

"Why do you want to know that anyway?"

"It's because I like her a lot, and I'm planning to confess soon."

Pie’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets. “What? Confess right away? You just met her yesterday, right? And does your confession have anything to do with me?”

"Well... it's because of yesterday,” said May, a bit hesitant, “…there's just something different with the way you two talk to each other..."

Pie held the mouse this time, pretending to start working. She can hear the fast beat of her heart. "Different in what way?"

"It's hard to explain. But you two are emitting the boyfriend-girlfriend vibe, miss. That's why I've thought of asking you first about her before I make my confession," said May.

Pie is still wondering what exactly these people – Jane and May – are seeing that made them think something is going on between her and Kim. As far as she remembers, Kim and she had a quick-small-talk yesterday. Nothing really unusual. But then, how come May was able to sense something from that?

Not knowing the answer herself, Pie faked a smile instead. "Don't worry, Kim and I are just friends."

May’s face lit up. "So, you won't mind if I hang out with her?"

Pie shook her head. "You shouldn't worry about me, instead you should think about the other fangirls here in the office. In case you're not aware yet, they are killing each other to get Kim's attention."

"That doesn’t bother me, Miss Pie. I'm gonna start my move today,” said May, clapping her hands.

Pie rolled her eyes discreetly. My gosh. This kid is something.

---

Office hours are finally over. Pie is currently waiting by the elevator area when she saw Dang walking alone. He smiled at her.

"You're going home now?" asked Pie, smiling back.

"Yeah," Dang answered shortly, it was followed by a deep sigh.

"Where's May?"

"She left a few minutes ago."

Pie felt something is odd. May and Dang always go home together. "Why isn't she with you? Did you guys fight?"

“Nope. But someone’s driving her home today…”

"Who?"

Dang let out another loud sigh before looking at Pie. “It’s Kim.”

Pie's eyes widened. Uuuggh! That stupid-flirty Kim!!!

---

Coffee shop

"May wanted me to pretend that I have something else to do and that she has no one to drive her home. Unfortunately, May's house is just on Kim's way home," said Dang.

"And you played along?" asked Pie. She invited Dang for a cup of coffee to talk about it. She can’t help it. She wants to find out more about what happened.

"Yeah, what else can I do, May likes her."

"Why do you seem to be not okay with it? I thought you were like brotherly-sisterly close?"

Dang smiled weakly. "To May it's like that, but for me, it isn't..."

"Wow." Pie brought her hands to . "You’re in love with her?"

Dang nodded slowly. "For more than a year now..."

"Then why don't you confess?"

"It's not that easy," said Dang before sipping on his coffee. "We grew up really close like relatives. It was just recently when I realized that I'm in love with her."

"How are you feeling now knowing that she likes Kim?"

"Anxious. Jealous. I don't know," said Dang, forcing a smile. "The thing is I can't blame Kim either. She's just being kind because she thought May was not feeling well today."

"I don't think May would do anything stupid right now, you should not worry."

I'm gonna kill that stupid-flirty Kim tomorrow!

"What if she confessed?"

"Do you really think she'd do that?"

"Maybe. May is still naive and has a tendency of falling in love fast."

"I don't think Kim will take advantage of her, so you better stop worrying," said Pie.

Yeah, she really better not.

Dang let out a loud exhale before grabbing his cup to take another sip. After putting down his cup he leaned closer the table.

"We're in the same boat here, aren't we?" he asked.

Pie was caught unguarded. She didn't know that it would feel different hearing it from a guy. "How can you say so?"

"Well, we wouldn't have this coffee talk if you weren't worried about them too, right?" asked Dang, smirking. "And you finished your coffee right after it was served. Were you that tensed?"

Pie is speechless. Dang isn't asking her anymore if she likes Kim or not – he’s already assuming.

"I get it. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone if you're uncomfortable to talk about it," said Dang, sounding sincere.

Pie pressed her lips together, unsure of what to say anymore.

---

It's been two weeks now and I have a feeling that she's avoiding me. Is it just me or is she really doing it on purpose?

Kim’s thoughts are drifting back to Pie. She’s currently inside her car, waiting for May who’s buying ice cream outside.

Ever since Jane started teasing them about their closeness, Kim felt that Pie has been trying to somewhat avoid her. It’s not something noticeable or obvious. But for someone like who experienced how to be “close” to Pie in a certain way, Kim knew something’s off with them. She understands though, maybe Pie doesn’t like the idea of Jane pairing them up.

Because of that, Kim is trying her best to hold herself back from texting or even calling Pie – which is now resulting to terribly missing the little lady.

"Hey, want some?"

Kim saw May's hand with a spoonful of ice cream ready to feed her. She didn't even realize that May had already gotten inside the car.

Kim was looking at the spoon in front of her face. She's not in the mood for ice cream right now but she's worried that it might drip on her car and will leave a stain. She opened and ate it.

May giggled. "You're so cute..."

"I thought you're not feeling well? You shouldn't eat something like that if you're having a flu,” said Kim.

"Are you worried about me?"

"Uh, yeah... I don't want to be the reason for you being absent..."

May giggled like a teenager again.

Kim is now starting to wonder what’s wrong with May. "Maybe I should drive you home now."

"That fast? Why don't we have dinner together first?"

"Huh? The reason I'm driving you home today is because Dang won't be able to send you home, right?"

"I was not feeling well this morning but I guess you have the magic in you that can cure me," said May.

Kim stared at May awkwardly. What the hell is she saying?

"Kim, do you think I'm pretty?"

"Y-yeah... I bet lots of boys are courting you, right?"

"Yes, but they don't have the power over me."

Kim was unsure how to respond again.

"But you, you have the power to make my heart beat fast all the time." May grabbed Kim's hand and placed it on her chest. "Can you feel that? It's beating fast now, right?"

"Y-yeah..." As Kim was about to pull her hand away, May held it tight, forced it to open wide and brushed it on her left .

"Hey —" Kim immediately felt awkward when she felt the soft sensation on her palm. She forcedly pulled her arm away. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong, Kim. What I'm feeling for you is right."

"I should drive you home now."

Just as before Kim starts the engine, she saw May put the ice cream cup on the dashboard. Her initial instinct is to check if there is anything that dripped on the carpet or the chair.

"No, we're not going to my place yet..." May's voice was seductive this time.

"What are you... wha —"

May moved over and sat on Kim's lap, her legs spread around the latter's waist. Kim was surprised because she didn't saw May move. The last thing she remembered seeing was the cup on her dashboard, and with just a blink she's facing the girl's ies now. She didn't know how May managed to do that in just two seconds.

What the hell! Is she a ninja?

May d for Kim's hands and put it around her waist.

"The only place we're going to now is your place," said May, leaning forward to give Kim a kiss.

What the hell!

Help!

HELP!

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!