Moments

HERSHE (TIAOM)

 

"Are you done yet?" asked Pie. She's currently grooming her hair in front of the mirror.

"Two more minutes, okay?"

"Ugh! You're so slow, Kim."

The bathroom door creaked open, revealing Kim from inside. "Slow? You're the one who woke me up late, like five minutes ago, asking me to get ready right away."

"Well, I never knew that it would take me a lot of effort to wake you up, honey," said Pie, putting emphasis on the endearment.

Kim walked towards her. "Are you done yourself?"

"Yes, I'm ready. Hey, what's that!" Pie was surprised to see Kim's face still drenched in water, having an I-just-woke-up hairdo.

"What? I washed my face," said Kim innocently.

"And you're going out like that?" Pie grabbed a towel to dry Kim's face. "Tsk. You're such a kid, Kim."

"Mmmm... I wasn't planning on going out like this, f-y-i," said Kim, her voice muffled against the towel.

"Whatever." Pie dropped the towel and stared at Kim's hair. "What are you gonna do with that?"

"This?" Kim brushed her fingers through her hair while peeking at the mirror. "Let's just leave it like this."

"Tsk. No!" Pie cupped Kim's shoulder and turned the latter to face her. "It's better this way." She fixed Kim's hair with her hands. She knew that it didn't need much effort. Whether Kim has messy or combed hair it'll surely look nice on her.

"Now how do I look, honey?" Kim asked with her thumb and forefinger against her chin, flashing her signature smile that Pie loved and hated at the same time.

Pie couldn't help but admire her hair art. Kim has changed into a new pair of polo shirt and shorts for dinner. The funny thing about it is the simpler she looked the more her charm shows up. "You're okay."

Kim pursed her lips. "Just okay?"

"Yeah. What were you expecting me to say?"

"Anything but okay, you know."

"Ahm. Okay. Then what adjective would you like me to use?"

"I don't know. Maybe 'striking' would do," Kim answered, beaming.

Pie raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

"Or maybe attractive, gorgeous, stylish, or dazzling..."

Pie cocked her head to one side, expressing her disagreement. "I didn't know you were conceited, honey."

"Why thank you, honey."

Bzzzz...

"I guess that's our call," said Kim, walking over to open the door.

Pie went to get her sling bag from the couch. "Just wait, I'm looking for my phone." She was still busy rummaging through the couch when she heard Nam's voice outside.

"Oh, hi, Kimmy!"

"Hey, Nammy, looking pretty tonight, huh?" said Kim, leaning against the doorframe. "Where's Shone?"

"He's almost done retouching his makeup," said Nam, rolling her eyes. Kim laughed at the joke. "Well, you look charming yourself. That shirt looks perfect on you."

"Charming your face," Pie muttered when she finally found her cell phone.

"Ah, yeah? You're the one who gave this shirt, remember?" asked Kim.

"I know, I know. See? I always choose what's best for you."

Pie made a face while approaching the two people by the door. She looped her arm through Kim's and said, "Honey, I'm ready."

Kim turned to her fake lover, touched the tip of Pie's nose and smiled. "Hey there, beautiful." She went back to Nam and said, "Okay, shall we?"

"Wait, Kim, let's fix this first." Nam stopped them to arranged Kim's collar. Kim wasn't expecting that but had to stay still.

Pie rolled her eyes.

Just in time, Shone stepped out of their room and locked the door. "Where do you want to eat guys?"

Nam turned around after she's done with the collar. "Let's go to Flames. Barbecue is Kim's favorite, right?"

"Yeah, I was already imagining and drooling over barbecue since last night," said Kim..

"I knew it. Are you going to order the usual?" asked Nam, giving Pie an idea that they've already gone there several times.

"Yeah!" Kim grinned widely, showing off her excitement. "I haven't eaten there since you left, Nammy. I'm going to order that same old meal. I miss that."

"Me too, Kimmy, I miss the same old meal. Let’s go." Nam grabbed Shone's hand and started walking ahead of them.

Pie flexed her jaw.

This girl is really ing me.

---

Flames Restaurant

Shone had picked a private room for them. Like the last time they had dinner, the couples were sitting in front of each other by pair. Nam and Kim ordered the usual meal they used to get before. Shone ordered the house specialty. Pie was having a hard time deciding on what to pick so Kim ordered for her instead.

Their setup tonight was like a déjàvu of their last dinner together. Pie noticed how Nam keeps on pointing out the things that she was doing with Kim before. Pie knew that the war isn't over yet.

Although it's not obvious to Shone and Kim, Pie feels that Nam is silently attacking her from time to time. If it wasn't for Kim's unconscious support, she knows she'd been long defeated. She isn't doing anything to counter-attack but Kim has been treating her like a princess the entire evening, making Pie think that it's pissing Nam off.

Whatever sweetness Kim is showing her, Pie is completely aware that it's only a part of their acting. However, the more she's exposed to it the more she feels like she's getting used to it. Kim has her own unique ways of showing sweetness without making Pie feel awkward about it. She just enjoys how Kim pampers her.

"Baby, you should try this one..." Kim was using the fork to hold the meat in place while slicing it with a knife. She planted the fork on it and turns to Pie. "Ahhh..."

Pie opened as Kim held the fork to her. "Mmmm." Kim waited for her response with a curious look on her face. "It's delicious," said Pie, beaming.

"You like it?" Kim looked happier with Pie's reaction.

"Yeah, it's flavorful. I want more, honey."

Kim turned to her plate, still smiling. "Sure, sure. I'll slice some more for you."

"I think I'm gonna have diabetes just by staring at you two," said Shone, pointing his fork at them. Pie and Kim laughed while Nam raised an eyebrow. "How long have you been together again?"

"They've only been together for two weeks, Shone. It's normal for new couples to be that sweet when the relationship is fresh and young," said Nam.

Kim and Pie looked at each other.

"Oh really? But you weren't that sweet to me darling when we started," said Shone, smiling at Nam.

A smile drew on Pie's face. She tried not to make it obvious.

"Well, just your luck, Shone. I'm not the clingy type of girlfriend," Nam snorted.

Pie didn't mind being attacked again. Instead, she grabbed her fork to get some food on her plate and gave it to Kim. "Mmm, try this one, honey."

Kim opened to take in the food. "The barbecue here is really one of the best," she said in between bites.

"But honestly, Kim, your cooking is much better than this," Nam butted.

Pie felt what Nam is trying to point out. She turned to Kim and said, "Really? You can cook this?"

"Uh-uh." Kim nods as she scoops another food into Pie's mouth. "Want me to cook for you?"

That was the question Pie has been waiting for. She agreed immediately. "I want to taste your cooking. Nam told me last time that you're really good at it."

"She did?" Kim glanced at Nam who confirmed the statement by nodding. "Okay. Let's plan that for next week." Kim went back to slicing the meat.

"Can I sleep over?" asked Pie, tugging Kim’s sleeve.

Clank!

"Oops, sorry, slippery," said Kim, grinning at Shone and Nam. She was too surprised with the question that she accidentally dropped the utensil on her plate. She's not sure if Pie was serious about it or not. But since they were acting, she played along.

"Y-you want to?"

"Of course, I want to. I haven't slept in your apartment yet after we got official," said Pie.

"Uh… sure. Let's do that next Friday so we could stay up all night watching movies. Sounds good?"

"Sounds great!"

Their topic jumped into tomorrow’s party all throughout their dinner. After finishing their food, Shone started telling stories about their Singapore experience. Kim and Pie were eagerly listening. Pie was comfortably resting her head on Kim's shoulder with her their arms linked.

Kim's mind wasn't focused on Shone anymore. She's more like of savoring the moment while it lasts. She's not sure if it'll be the last time she can hold Pie like that freely. Once they go back to their room everything will be normal again.

Kim d to reach for Pie's hand under the table. Unexpectedly, Pie opened her hand to let Kim hold it. Kim can't hold off her smile.

She partly turned her head aside to discreetly smell Pie's hair. She wants to memorize the moment in her mind -- or freeze it if she can. Pie's scent, weight, and warmth are giving her contentment. Kim knows she can stay still for hours as long as Pie is leaning on her that way.

Kim lightly squeezed Pie's hand. She knows that Pie wouldn't mind it because the latter is seriously listening to Shone, even throwing in some questions from time to time. Kim's heart skipped a beat when Pie squeezed her hand back.

She trailed her fingers on Pie's hand and massaged Pie's thumb between her fingers. For the third time that night she was happy that Pie returned the favor by squeezing her hand back. It was like two lovers playing each other's hands.

Kim was on cloud nine at that moment. She can't explain it, but she has a feeling that Pie enjoys whatever she's doing. She held Pie's hand tight between her two hands and went back listening to Shone.

---

All of them were too tired for another adventure after dinner. They've all decided to call it a day. The couples went back to their respective rooms after wishing each other good night.

After Pie had brushed her teeth she noticed Kim arranging the pillows on their bed. She shook her head after realizing what Kim is doing.

"So, you're really putting pillows in between us, huh?"

Kim looked at Pie, confused. "I thought you were serious about this?"

Pie smiled. "Kim, I'm not afraid of you, okay?"

"I know, but I am afraid of you."

Pie grabbed the nearest pillow in her reach and threw it to Kim. "Crazy!"

Kim sat cross-legged on the bed after catching the pillow. "Haha! Let's sleep now, baby. I'm tired."

"Baby your face," Pie snorted. She can't deny though that it sounded sweeter now that they are alone.

"You don't like it when I call you baby?"

“You can call me anything you like."

"Okay." Kim smiled like and innocent child. She lay on the bed and readied herself to sleep. "Good night, baby."

Pie folded her arms on her chest and chuckled.

I have to admit I like it more than honey.

Pie climbed on the bed and lay down on her side. After surrendering her weight to the bed, she sighed as a wave of tiredness hit her. It has been a long day. As the bed gives her the comfort she needs for a good night snooze, she knows it wouldn't take long before she falls asleep.

Pie shifted her body to check if Kim has already dozed off to wonderland. Kim's back is leaning against the middle pillow.

"Kim?"

Kim partly turned her head aside. "Yeah?"

"You tired?"

Kim turned around slowly. "Yeah. You?"

"Same."

"Ain't sleepy yet?"

"Sleepy. I just want to say that I had a great day. Thanks."

Kim managed to make a smile even though she's really sleepy. "I had a good day too, and thanks for the massage earlier."

"Nah, it's just a payback for picking me up this morning. Did that ease your stress somehow?"

"Yeah. You didn't end up killing me anyway."

Pie punched her in the arm. "Yah!"

Kim laughed, decreasing her sleepiness a bit. "Nam's party tomorrow starts in the evening. What do you want to do in the morning then?"

"Are they going with us tomorrow?"

"I don't think so. They could be busy preparing stuff, you know."

"So, we're on our own?"

"Yeah, I guess. Do you want them to come with us?"

"Honestly, I don't. It's kinda uncomfortable if your Nammy is around. I have a feeling that she's checking everything that I do."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I told you, Nam is really a nosy person, Pie."

"Well she's not just nosy, she's jealous of me."

"It's because your acting is convincing, Ms.Actress."

"Well, you're good at it yourself, Kim."

Kim smiled. "You think so?"

"Yeah, you seem to be a natural actress yourself there," said Pie. "Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about this crazy stuff that we're doing right now."

"You call this crazy?" asked Pie, raising an eyebrow. "All of this is because of your Nam."

"Nah, I told you, we're not going here for that, okay? Let's just enjoy tomorrow alone. I'm gonna show you around here."

"Really?" Pie got excited.

"Yeah. Let's enjoy the day together, okay?"

"Yes!"

Kim patted Pie on her head. "So, we better sleep now. I'm dead tired."

"Okay." Pie turns her body against the middle pillow. "Goodnight, honey."

Kim smiled in response and said, "Goodnight, baby."