Chapter 1-The Attempt Murder

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Chae Won looked around her. Somehow the eerie and creepy feelings crept to her heart. The silent and dark forest didn’t help to ease those feelings either. It’s been a family tradition for them to go hunting every 4 years. Chae Won had been following her father all this years and that feeling never disturbs her.

     She shrugged of the feeling and continued walking. She’s 17 this year, and her father insisted that she’s old enough to hunt her own catch and went to get her a hunting license. She clutched the bow near her chest and continued walking. This is also a weird year for her. Her father got married to a killer beauty 4 months ago and now that woman is also somewhere lurking in the woods with her own bow and arrow, bringing herself with family tradition too. Somehow, the way that woman smiled at her was… sinister. It always felt like that woman has an insidious plan going in her head and Chae Won shivered as an image of that woman’s arrow pierce  straight in her chest came to her mind.

     This is also her senior year. She can’t wait to finish her school and continue her studies while being the executive producer of Tae San. She had been preparing her whole life for that position which was promised to her as soon as she finishes her studies.

     She heard twigs snapping and she quickly spun around only to come face to face with that woman. “Han Jae Hee-ssi, what do you want? Aren’t we supposed to separate ourselves from each other and find our own kill? Or have you caught something?” She asked looking at Jae Hee with a grim set face. Maybe it’s her or maybe it is the way her father raised her, she never shows her emotions, be it sadness, fear or even happiness.

     A worried expression was plastered on Jae Hee’s face as she said “I think I saw something in there but I can’t bring myself to hunt it. I guess I’ll never get well with this tradition. Please Chae Won-ssi, can you come with me?” she pointed in the dark woods.

     Chae Won knew they had gone too far in the woods but she still walked further down with Jae Hee tagging along. After what seemed like forever, she stopped. Nothing unfamiliar was in that route. No animal prints or even sounds. The woods fell to a complete silence that she can hear her own heart beating fast. She turned around and her eyes grew wide. Jae Hee was nowhere in sight.

     Sensing trouble, she stopped moving and her eyes went wild searching around her. She thought she saw someone’s head, or maybe it was a gun, and was that a crack she heard?  Her body stiffened when she realized that those images appeared around her but when she turned, there was a complete emptiness. She wanted to believe that it was her mind, playing jokes on her but she knew it wasn’t.

Suddenly, her body was raised from behind, a pair of powerful hands wrapped around her waist and another pair of hands clamped on . She tried her best to pull off the hands that her knuckles turned white but she can’t. Her legs immediately turned maniac, kicking wherever she could. She taught luck was on her side when she hit her attacker’s groin and he dropped her on the ground as he rolled in pain.

     She quickly got up on her feet and took her bow and arrow. Without hesitation, she let it go and the arrow stuck straight in his calf and he groaned in pain. She meant the arrow to pierce him there. She would want to interrogate him later wouldn’t she?  To her it’s a waste to kill such valuable information. The other attacker was stunned but he quickly came to his sense and plunged towards her. She tried to run but she suddenly fell with a heavy blow on the ground, letting her arrows scattered everywhere. She turned and saw the burly attacker was holding tightly to her ankle. He got up and dragged her towards him.

     Chae Won could only think of shouting for help as she was defenseless, not to mention her strength was no match to a guy. “Han Jae Hee-ssi! Han Jae Hee-ssi! Help Me!” she screamed on top of her lungs and frowned when her attacker let out some sort of chuckle. She couldn’t imagine what’s so funny with their situation. Her eye caught the sight of a stick. Small and slender but strong enough, she knew it couldn’t do enough damage to her attacker but she grasped it.

    Without any hesitation, she poked it in his eye, hoping to blind him but the distance was a little bit too far that it didn’t blind him but only left him in pain. When he let her ankle go, she crawled as quickly as she can, knowing his pain was only temporary. She ran as fast as she could when she got up her feet. In a small distance in front of her, she saw Jae Hee. She pulled Jae Hee’s hand and ran but she came to a halt when Jae Hee did not budge an inch.

     “Han Jae Hee-ssi, we have to go now!” she shouted and pulled Jae Hee again. Jae Hee’s lips curled in to a smile. “Wae, Chae Won? Gwenchanayo?”. Chae Won saw the man again walking towards them, his eyes glued on her. Her body stiffened when she realized that he was holding a gun. The man stood next to Jae Hee and pointed the gun at her. Jae Hee let out a laugh.

    

Please log in to read the full chapter