Short Film

GOT7 Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Short Film

Author: hangarianne

Characters: GOT7 / BTS (some members) / Jamie Park (OC)

Requested by: ren16zaizen

Disclaimer: This is a GOT7 fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

 

A/N: I tweaked the plot a bit but I hope this still turned out nice ^^ I tried writing something different this time. Hehehe. I’d love to know your thoughts so please do leave a comment ^^

P.S. The boys are all of the same age

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

"For the fourth grading period, you will be doing a special project. As you may have noticed, I've let you group yourselves in the previous projects so to make the final leg of this academic year memorable, you will be working this time with new friends and it will be in pairs."

Unhappy with their teacher's announcement, the students protest, others pouting while some letting out loud disappointed aww's.

"Now, now," Ms. Park keeps a smile as she calms the class down. "This will be fun so everyone please cooperate."

More sighs are let out and Ms. Park just smiles as she proceeds to announce the groupings she came up with after conducting draw lots prior to coming to class.

 

"I don't want to be paired with that noisy Thai boy, Bambam," Jinyoung whispers to Yugyeom, who simply nods his head.

"I hope Ms. Park pairs me with a girl," Jaebum, who is seated to the right of Yugyeom, butts in.

"Do you think we'll be paired with girls?" Youngjae asks, leaning forward on his desk to see his friends' faces. Jinyoung does the same as he and Youngjae are at the opposite ends, Yugyeom and Jaebum in between them.

"I don't think--" Yugyeom is cut off by Mark who lightly taps the former's right shoulder. Yugyeom turns to face the other and Mark whispers, "Ms. Park called your name."

"Kim Yugyeom and Jamie Park," Their teacher repeats.

"Holy--"

Youngjae quickly covers Jaebum's mouth with his hand. The latter slaps the other's hand away and leans closer to Yugyeom. "Dude, talk about being unlucky."

-------------------------------------------------------

"You've got to be kidding me!" Yugyeom abruptly rises from his spot, shaking his head at his twin brother. They were talking about how school went for the both of them and Yugyeom ended up telling Jungkook about their final project.

"It's true! Jackson was last seen with Jamie. I swear!" Jungkook raises his left hand, making a vow that he's telling the truth.

"So did the police investigate and found her guilty of anything?" The other male sits back beside his brother who is very eager to share the latest gossip in town.

"Well, yeah but they found no evidence that points to her so she was dismissed." Jungkook shoots his brother a glance before continuing, "I don't know about you but I feel unsafe around her. Strange things have been happening since she transferred to our school."

"That's nonsense; ever heard of coincidence?"

Jungkook scoffs. "Yeah? So Jackson disappearing and her neighbors claiming they sometimes hear weird incoherent chants coming from Jamie's house are coincidence and nonsense?"

"Y-yeah. I think you just lack sleep so you keep talking about senseless things," Yugyeom retorts, leaving his brother afterwards to avoid further confrontation. He doesn't want to admit it but the rumors are making him think.

“Great,” he mutters under his breath seeing the project handouts neatly placed on his bed. “Just great!” He proceeds to read the writings on the partially crumpled piece of paper stapled on top: Groupmate = Jamie Park.

-------------------------------------------------------

A week after their final project was announced, Yugyeom and Jamie have not yet spoken to each other. They would exchange glances or bow when they meet in the hallways but neither brings up the matter about their project.

 

"Hey, we've only got less than three months to do the project. Bambam and I have already started planning for ours," Jinyoung informs Yugyeom as he takes the empty seat beside the latter.

"Ha, you talk like you're happy to be paired with him now.  Didn't you say before that you didn't want him as your partner?" Jaebum, who is seated across Jinyoung, asks before gulping down his remaining soda.

"The faster we finish the project, the quicker he'll get out of my sight," the other male answers and Jaebum nods in agreement.

"Makes sense." The red-haired male turns to Yugyeom. "You should do the same, Gyeom. Sure, Jamie looks nice and all but she still gives me the creeps. Her being seated behind the whole class makes the hairs at the back of my neck stand. It's like she's always watching us."

"Maybe she likes you!" Youngjae interjects, sitting beside Jaebum and forcing the latter to scoot to the other side of the bench.

"Haha, funny," the redhead says, rolling his eyes at the guy beside him.

"So Gyeommie?" Jinyoung asks, eyeing the quiet lad who lets out a deep sigh.

"I'll talk to her about it later."

 

After their final class, the rest of the boys met up with their respective partners - Jaebum with Yoongi, Jinyoung with Bambam, Youngjae with Eunji and Mark with Jin - to work on their projects. Meanwhile, Yugyeom waits by the school gates for Jamie who told him that she had something to return to the library before she heads home.

 

While waiting for her, Yugyeom starts thinking of how the next few weeks of working with Jamie will be. The thought of Jackson, his missing friend, still crosses his mind and Yugyeom can't help but associate the incident to Jamie.

"But she seems harmless; she doesn't look like the type to do awful things to people."

"Who, me?" A female voice asks, making Yugyeom jump in surprise.

"No, no, no!" The boy waves his hands in front of him while shaking his head at the same time.

Jamie giggles, "Your reaction says it all." She starts walking and Yugyeom catches up to her. "It's fine. I know what you guys think of me; a creep."

"But you're too cute to be a creep." Yugyeom's eyes widen when Jamie shoots him a glance and he stutters, "Ah, I mean, uhh... I don't see you that way. You don't look like a creep at all."

The young girl chuckles. " Thanks. You're cute too."

Yugyeom lets out an awkward laugh as he rubs his unitchy red ears in embarrassment. "Th-thanks?"

 

One reason for not believing the rumors surrounding Jamie is that he has a tiny crush on her. This is unknown to his family and friends, of course, most especially to his brother Jungkook. The latter had a fight with Jackson a week before the blonde boy disappeared and to this day, it still hurts Jungkook to know that he and his friend never had a chance to reconcile properly.

 

"I'm really lucky to have you as my partner," Jamie suddenly says, snapping Yugyeom out of his trance.

"P-Pardon?"

"You excel in class and you're really nice. If I were paired with someone else, I think I'd end up doing the project on my own." The lass' smile disappears and she adds in almost a whisper, "I don't understand why people are scared of me..."

Yugyeom feels a slight pang in his chest seeing the girl frown and avoid his eyes.

"I pretend I don't care but it hurts when I hear what people say about me." Jamie stops and sighs, glancing at her companion before she continues, "I saw how your friends reacted when the teacher announced that you were to work with me. Jaebum dislikes me the most, doesn't he?"

Yugyeom coughs. "N-no. Why would he?" The brunet avoids eye contact and adds, "He's naturally like that."

"A jerk?" Jamie asks almost immediately.

Yugyeom stares in surprise but starts laughing when Jamie does the same. "I was kidding. Jaebum is cute though. Like you." The girl walks faster, leaving the flustered boy behind.

"Hey, wait for me!"

-------------------------------------------------------

"So I was thinking maybe we can make a lava lamp," Jamie suggests as she places down her bag, letting Yugyeom settle down as well.

"Wow, your house is quite big," the boy utters, looking around in awe and obviously unaware of what the other just said.

"Which makes me lonelier."

"Where are your parents? Don't they live with you?"

The red-haired girl shakes her head, "No. They're always out of the country so technically, they don't live here."

Yugyeom mouths an "oh" and the lass quickly adds, "But don't pity me. I actually enjoy living by myself. Anyway, so what do you think of a lava lamp?"

"I think that's too simple."

Jamie raises an eyebrow at Yugyeom. "Yeah? What are the others doing anyway?"

The boy purses his lips, thinking. "Hmm... I think Youngjae and Eunji are going to compose a song and Jinyoung and Bambam are doing a dance video. It can be anything so it doesn't have to be a lava lamp or anything related to science."

"What do you suggest then?"

"Let's make a short film. A scary one." Yugyeom looks at Jamie with a smile.

"I thought you didn't find me scary," the girl pouts.

"Of course not. But they do so we can use that to our advantage. Let's scare them off."

Jamie laughs as she sits on one of the ottomans. "You're weird but I like your idea. Sure, let's do it."

-------------------------------------------------------

"So are you almost done with your project? You're making a short film, right? What's it about?" Jaebum asks Yugyeom as they eat their lunch. It's been three weeks since the latter met with Jamie and Yugyeom has been very busy hanging out with her, planning every scene carefully. To everyone's surprise, the two interact normally and Jamie seems to talk and smile more now. However, there are still students who think she's only putting on a show especially when they see her alone with her usual "blank and creepy" face on.

"We're almost done; we're about to film the final scene. The theme is a secret," Yugyeom answers without looking. He raises his ramen bowl with both of his hands and drinks all of the soup. "I'm done! See you guys later!"

Jaebum and the others watch as Yugyeom speeds out of the cafeteria towards Jamie.

"When did she get there?" Youngjae asks, breaking the silence.

"I think he's been brainwashed or something," Jinyoung interjects, shoving a spoonful of bibimbap in his mouth afterwards.

"He's acting weird," Mark adds.

"We need to keep an eye on him, no, on them," Jaebum concludes to which everyone agrees.

-------------------------------------------------------

Keeping an eye on their friend was easy at first but as days dragged on, Jaebum and the rest of the boys became busier with school works and other deliverables. Seeing that Yugyeom remained unharmed despite working with Jamie for a few weeks, the group decided that their friend needed no help or that he didn't need to be watched. That was until...

 

"Yah, Im Jaebum!" A voice shouts outside the redhead's room.

"Who the hell— Jungkook?" Jaebum looks down at the brunet from his bedroom window. Their gazes meet and the latter yells at him, "I knew right from the start that you and your friends won't do my brother good! Stop hiding him and get my brother down here!"

Jaebum feels anger boil inside him. He knew Yugyeom's twin brother didn't like him but to drag their other friends and accuse them of something that they didn't do made him snap. "What the hell are you saying?! He's not here! I haven't even seen him the last few days because he hangs out with that Jamie weirdo too much then things got busy and why am I even explaining myself to you again?"

The boy silently thanks the heavens that he's home alone and his neighbors are out too so he doesn't need to worry about the noise his and Jungkook's yells are making.

Upon hearing Jamie's name, Jungkook's anger turns into fear as memories of his late friend, Jackson, floods his mind. "No... It can't be... No..."

The other boy sees the change in Jungkook's behavior and he cautiously calls him. "Jungkook? Is something wrong?" Jaebum feels something unexplainable in his stomach - the feeling he gets when something makes him nervous and scared. "." He runs downstairs and out of the house.

"I think my brother..." the brunet shakes his head. "No..."

"How long has he been missing?"

"A week. I got a text message from him that he's staying over your house for a week. My parents are out of town until next week so I couldn't do anything. You know how hardheaded my brother could be."

Jaebum makes a fist with his hand, trying hard not to tell his friend's brother how careless the latter was for not confirming with him. The redhead takes a deep breath. "Okay. We're going to Jamie's house. Now."

"But--"

"Are you seriously going to be scared now when your brother's missing?"

"No. But what if he's with Jinyoung or--"

"The others are all busy studying and they know how annoying Yugyeom can be sometimes so they won't let him stay even for a day."

"Alright." Jungkook heaves a sigh, bracing himself for a long scary night trip to Jamie's house.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, we're here," Jaebum announces.

"Are you sure this is it?" Jungkook asks, a bit surprised that the house looks normal.

"So..." the redhead searches for the doorbell button. "Press it."

The other boy panics. "Why me?"

"Because we're looking for your brother."

"Who happens to be your friend."

Jaebum laughs softly. "You're funny. You should start hanging out with us. Stop being an introvert and become our friend."

Jungkook rolls his eyes. "I'll consider that once we find my brother." The boy presses the button and the doorbell rings.

No one answers the door so Jaebum rings the doorbell again.

Still no answer.

"Maybe she’s not home. Or she could be sleeping already," Jungkook tells him.

"Or she could just be ignoring us."

"Let's try a place nearby. Maybe she’s out."

“At ten in the evening?”

“Who knows?”

The two are about to leave when the front door suddenly clicks and opens. Hearing the creaking sound,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter