Memories

GOT7 Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Memories

Author: hangarianne

Requested by: i-heartMarkTuan

Pairing: Mark / Sheila (You / OC)

Disclaimer: This is a GOT7 fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

A/N: Anddd this is the last request! Woo! I kinda tweaked the plot. Since there were those who were requesting for a sequel to Time Capsule, I decided to make this one. Also, since the request actually specified Jinyoung as the brother, I thought it would fit. Hehehe. Hope this turned out okay :)

-------------------------------------------------------

SHEILA’S POV (Your POV)

The big oak tree looked old but sturdy. I rushed to it and started digging near it with my own hands. I need to find it...

After a good ten minutes, I finally unearth a small round jar. The time capsule! Finally! I stared at its contents – M and S alphabet keychains, a pair of friendship bracelets, letters and old photos of me with people I don’t remember.

I opened the capsule and took out some photos of me and another kid. Who are you...? I mumbled to myself as I caressed it. I could hear footsteps approaching but I didn’t turn to look.

“Sheila?”

Hearing the voice call me strangely gave me shivers down my spine. It sounded distorted but it’s as if I knew who the owner of the voice was. I turn around to find a faceless man but I could feel he’s smiling at me.

“I’m back. For good. For us.” He said as he approached.

“W-who are you?”

“Don’t you remember me?”

“I’m sorry but I can’t... I really can’t...”

Suddenly, the man’s voice turned from sweet and calm to angry. “WHY CAN’T YOU REMEMBER ME? YOU CAN’T JUST FORGET ME! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME?!”

The man lunged forward making me jump in panic and finally waking me up from my dream.

 

I gasped for air and held my head. It hurts...

“Are you okay?” I turn to my left and find Mark looking at me with so much concern. He looked like he had just woken up too.

“Did I wake you up? Sorry...”

“No, it’s okay... How are you feeling? Did you have a bad dream?”

“I’m okay... Thank you...”

He lays me back to bed and brushes my hair away from eyes. He smiles at me, “I’m just here if you need anything, okay?”

I smile back. For some reason, I felt safe with him. “We must be really good friends...”

He looked surprise hearing that. “W-why do you say so?”

“I feel safe around you... And you take care of me a lot. I think you were a good friend of mine...” I answered as I closed my eyes to go back to sleep.

“I still am a good friend... I will always be.” I hear him say before I drifted back to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

MARK’S POV

She must be dreaming about us. Somehow, I feel like I’m the reason for her nightmares. She talks in her sleep and she’s asking someone who he was. Before she woke up she screamed, ‘I don’t love you!’

Yes... It must’ve been me...

I’m sure the ‘me’ in her dreams had no face. Why else would she still want to be around me after having those nightmares?

I leaned on my seat and stared at Sheila’s beautiful face. When will you remember? Tears sting my eyes as the hollow feeling returns. When?

 

-FLASHBACK-

After twenty years of living in LA, I finally went back to South Korea. As soon as I settled my things at our old house, I went to the playground where Sheila and I used to hang out. Is she there?

Today is the day we promised to meet again. Does she remember?

I arrived at the playground and find only a couple of kids playing. Thinking that she’s still probably on her way, I decided to look for the oak tree where we buried our time capsule. It didn’t take me long to find it. My heart and body knew.

I scanned the trunk of the tree and find the old writings that we left: “Sheila & Mark”. I suddenly remember her looking all confused at the couple name I came up with. Who knew I’d come up with something as cheesy as that?

I pick up a rock and start carving beside our names: “Shark”. I smile at it.

“Ahjusshi, what are you doing?” Two kids suddenly asked me.

I turn to them smiling, “Ahjusshi is not yet that old you know~” I say as I pinched the little girl’s cheeks.

The little boy pouts at me, “Don’t touch her!”

I laughed, “Okay, okay but please~ Ahjusshi is still hyung and oppa to you. Okay?”

“Okay, oppa!” The little girl beams.

The other kid asks again, “What are you doing?”

“Oh, me? I was just writing a cute couple name...”

The little girl reads, squinting her eyes to get a better view. “Shh..arkk. The fish?”

The boy turns to her, “He said it’s a couple name!”

“No! It’s a fish!”

“Why would hyung write a fish name here?”

As the children fought on what ‘Shark’ really meant, I noticed a woman sitting on one of the swi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter