Mad

GOT7 Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Mad

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Jaebum / Minhwa (OC)

Requested by: ren16zaizen

Disclaimer: This is a GOT7 fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

EDIT: I re-read the request and it said 1st person POV :O There were 2 requests (one is 1st person and the other is 3rd person) and I interchanged them TT^TT I'm so sorryyyyyy~~

-------------------------------------------------------

 

"Why is our handsome leader alone? Where's our cutie Minhwa?" Mark asks as he sits across the table.

"Is that why you're sad? Because she’s not here?" Jackson adds with a big grin.

Jaebum sighs as he runs his hand through his hair.

"Oh! Did we get that right?" The beefy blonde excitedly inquires and Jaebum could only glare at his friend to shut him up.

"Stop bothering him, Jackson," Jinyoung interjects as he takes the seat beside Jaebum, placing his books neatly on the table.

Jackson snickers, "You guys are too obvious. I know you're hiding something."

"Who's hiding what, hyung?" Yugyeom asks as he joins the group along with Bambam.

"Probably Jaebum hyung and that he likes Minhwa noona," Youngjae answers grinning, taking the empty seat at the far end obviously avoiding Jaebum in case the latter decides now's a good time to get mad and strangle him.

 

But their friend is too preoccupied to actually care.

To everyone's confusion, Jaebum just sat there quietly with them. He's been contemplating how he'd tell the others how he knew Minhwa. After all, who would believe that the cold-hearted, hot-tempered heartthrob that is Im Jaebum used to be a chubby silly boy who did everything to woo the mischievous Lee Minhwa?

"Is something bothering you, Jaebum hyung?" Jinyoung asks, placing his hand on his friend's shoulder. Jinyoung knew, of course, but he wished his friend would tell the others as well.

"I'm fine," the other smiles reassuringly. He silently hopes the others will believe him and thankfully they did.

"JB, if anything's bothering you, just let us know. Remember, we're seven in the group but we're one," Jackson adds, placing his hand on the former's other shoulder.

The rest of the guys start laughing and Jackson turns to them with a confused expression. "What?"

Mark pats his head, "It's weird to hear that come from you."

"Excuse me???"

Laughter echoes through the study hall and teachers and students passing by could only look and shake their head thinking the school's heartthrobs are being rowdy again.

On the other hand, those who are with them – or rather, those who followed them - at the study hall take the chance to snap pictures of their campus crushes smiling or laughing.

 

~~Flashback~~

"Minhwa!" The fat young boy with auburn hair chases the slender beautiful lass. "Wait up!"

"What?" Minhwa turns to him with an annoyed look. Still, Jaebum smiles at her, his cheeks burning.

He likes her so much the mere fact that she's in front of him and she bothered to look at him is such a great achievement.

"What do you want?" The little girl asks, clearly more irritated that the other isn't responding and is staring at her like he'd seen a ghost.

"Ah... uhm.. I'm having my birthday party this weekend and I was wondering if--"

"I can't make it."

The boy's face falls and he stares down at his feet, obviously embarrassed to let his crush see that he's dismayed. "Why?"

"I just can't." Minhwa's voice sounded softer this time and he peers up to see her looking away as well.

"If it's because you think it'd be boring..." the boy stops and musters all the courage he could, "I'd cross dress again or do whatever silly thing you want me to if that'd make you happy."

Jaebum hoped Minhwa would reconsider but the latter simply shook her head and walked away.

"Min—"

"I said no."

 

The next day, Minhwa didn't go to school and their homeroom teacher announced that she withdrew from school and her family's leaving for the US today.

"Aww, poor Jaebummie," Chaeyoung teased.

"Too bad all your 'hardwork' didn't pay off. It's okay, we still have photos of you in drag," Jungyeon, the class bully, adds, laughing loudly.

"Will you please shut up?" Jaebum snaps and everyone turns to him. "Spout one more fcking nonsense and I'll kick your ."

"Im Jaebum!" Hearing his teacher call his name, Jaebum knew he's in big trouble. This time though he didn't care if he'd be reprimanded.

'The nice Jaebum is no more,' he told himself. He made a fool out of himself for someone like Lee Minhwa yet she never appreciated his efforts; she never reciprocated his affection; she merely used him for her entertainment. She laughed at him because she thought he was and he looked stupid. 'I can't live my life like this.'

~~End of flashback~~

 

"Jaebum-ah!"

The male stopped on his tracks when he heard the familiar female voice.

"Hey!" Minhwa tapped his shoulder and the female students who saw cursed under their breaths at how brazen she was for touching their "oppa".

"Getting too close to me isn't a very good idea, Minhwa," Jaebum says without facing the lass.

Minhwa smiles even if she knows he wouldn't see, "Yeah? But we're friends so there shouldn't be a problem. Should I tell them how we know each other?"

The lad bites his lip in annoyance. "Stop blackmailing me."

"I'm not. I'm just saying you should stop pretending not to know me. We both know you and I were schoolmates in primary school before I went abroad to study."

"Okay okay, I acknowledge that. Why are you bothering me anyway? Stop acting like you left with us being good terms."

"Ah, so that's what it is? You changed because I left, didn't you? Do you like me that much?" The woman teases.

Taken aback by her straightforward question, Jaebum walks away. Of course he did and she knows that well. 'Why bother asking if she already knows the answer?'

"Jae--"

Sana, the "president" of Jaebum's school fanclub walks over. "Can you please stop bothering our Jaebum oppa?"

The former chuckles, still finding the fact that the chubby boy who once cross-dressed and did all kinds of silly things is a school heartthrob now with six other guys.

"Fine," Minwha then yells at the disappearing image of her childhood friend, "I'd love to catch up and talk about how cute it is that you now have a group and a fanclub. Call me, okay!"

Hearing her, Jaebum briefly looked over his shoulder with a straight face then continued walking.

'He's still so cute.'

-------------------------------------------------------

'What the hell is wrong with her? Why did she come back? She should've stayed in the west!'

Jaebum was too preoccupied that he barely noticed his friend in front of him.

"Dude, watch where you're going. Imagine if you bumped into a fangirl, who knows what she'll do to you?" Mark chuckles.

The other male rubs his neck. "Sorry."

"Seriously, what's bothering you?"

"Shouldn't you be getting home now?"

"Don't change the subject, JB."

Seeing his friend's serious expression, Jaebum knew Mark's not in the mood to play around with him.

"Alright, alright. Let's talk at home."

~~~~~~

"Puahahahaha!!!!" Mark clutches his stomach and struggles to catch his breath. "Sorry, I can't believe you used to do drag! Hahahahahahaha!"

Being the hot-tempered guy that he is, Jaebum wouldn't sit back and let others - even his friends - make fun of or laugh at him; but strangely, he remained still and seemed to be in deep thought.

"Hey JB?"

"..."

"Are you mad?"

"Yes."

"Heyy, I was just kidding. We both know you're the most handsome and the manliest in JYP Academy," Mark says while patting his friend's back.

"Yeah and I'm mad."

The blonde boy furrows his eyebrows as he stared at his friend who obviously isn't making any sense.

The latter notices this and continues, "I must be mad, crazy, for loving her all these years. Even after everything. Even after she left and came back like nothing happened."

Mark stares at Jaebum with wide eyes. The latter never mentioned about liking someone from the past. Whenever the topic of love comes up, he'd usually say it doesn't exist and it's a complete waste of time.

Mark always suspected Jaebum had a tough past which made him the cold-he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter