I'm in Love

GOT7 Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: I’m in Love

Author: hangarianne

Requested by: exopinkshippers

Characters: Youngjae / Eunji (Apink)

Disclaimer: This is a GOT7 fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

-------------------------------------------------------

Eunji’s POV

“Noona!” I hear a voice call me. I turn around expecting to see Youngjae but to my disappointment, the voice belonged to someone else.

I stop on my tracks, “What is it?”

With his head bowed, Bambam rests his hands on his knees as he gasped for air. I pat his back, “Why are you such in a hurry? Look at you now…”

“You shouldn’t concern yourself with me…” The younger male looks at me, his eyes full of concern.

“What are you talking about?”

“Y-youngjae is…”

As soon as I heard his name, I started to panic. “What happened to him? Tell me!”

Instead of giving me an answer, Bambam takes my hand and we run together. I simply followed him without asking questions; right now, I just want to see Youngjae. I haven’t seen or spoken with him for more than a week now. The last time I did, I ended up screaming at him, telling him to get lost.

 

Youngjae and I are both part of the school’s glee club. Although he’s younger than me, I always preferred working with him. I loved how our coach always paired us together. I feel more comfortable around him because Youngjae and I have a lot of similarities – we both came from the countryside, we speak dialects and not to be conceited, but we’re both great vocalists. We seem to have the same tastes in music as well. However, our personalities are different – he’s awkward around people while I’m more bubbly and outgoing. I usually do the talking while he just stands beside me, watching and listening. Still, I can definitely say that Youngjae and I get along well.

But after the incident that happened last week, things between us were never the same again…

 

Flashback

At the school grounds, dismissal time…

“Happy Birthday, Eunji-noona!!” Youngjae greets me with a big smile on his face. He’s hiding something behind his back and I try to peek. “Eyyy~ Close your eyes first!”

“Ya, are you ordering me around? I’m your noona!” I jokingly tell him but I close my eyes anyway. For some reason, I just can’t stop myself from smiling. Whatever it is that he had behind him, I’m excited to receive it.

In a serious tone, Youngjae speaks to me, “To my lovely Eunji-noona…. Happy Birthday…” Then he hands me a bouquet of flowers. Just as I was about to open my eyes, he places a peck on my lips. I froze on my spot and I couldn’t bring myself to open my eyes. A few seconds after, he breaks the kiss and just left without a word.

I touch my lips debating within me if I was dreaming or not. I could feel my heart beating like crazy and I can’t think straight. But where did he go...?

“Why are you blushing?” A voice asks me from behind. I turn around and find Jinyoung, one of the popular boys at school, smiling at me. He had a bouquet of red roses on one hand and a box of expensive chocolates on the other. “Here.”

“Jin...young... W-what are these for?”

“Isn’t it your birthday today?” Jinyoung smiles at me as he brushes a few strands of hair behind my ear.

“Th-thank you…”

“Oh? Somebody already gave you a bouquet? You like mine more, right? Just ditch those~” Jinyoung grabs the flowers given by Youngjae earlier and tosses them beside a nearby trashcan.

“I-I can keep both...” I say.

“Nah, forget those. Let’s just go and enjoy our date, okay?” Before I could say any more, Jinyoung pulls me towards him and kisses me on my right cheek. “Let’s just go, hmm?”

I take one last look at Youngjae’s gift. I’m sorry...

 

After eating dinner with Jinyoung, he walked me home. He insisted that he’d leave after I enter the house but I told him I’d see him off. He agrees but not after he kisses me on the lips. “Bye~” He wore a big smile as he waved goodbye at me.

I smile to myself as I turn around and walk towards the door. I was taking out my keys when a hand suddenly grabs my arm. Thinking it’s Jinyoung, I ask, “Did you forget something, Jin— Y-Youngjae...”

He forces a smile then asks me, “Did YOU forget something?” He stares at Jinyoung’s gifts behind me, his head tilted sideways and an eyebrow raised.

“I...”

“Oh? Where are the flowers I gave you?”

“H-hmm? I... I must’ve left them somewhere... Sorry....”

“Liar.”

Hearing him say that angered and hurt me. I didn’t think I’d hear it from Youngjae. He’s always been so kind to me and he never said anything bad to me until now...

“Let me explain...”

“What, that you liked Jinyoung’s gifts more? It’s okay... Why should you even keep those...? My flowers were trash, right?”

“Youngjae...”

“You never really saw me as a man, right? I’ve always been just a younger brother to you that’s why you don’t care...”

I knew where he’s going with his confession so I stopped him, “Please stop. I don’t want to hear what you have to say...”

Youngjae looks at me disbelievingly. I, too, could not believe that I had just uttered those words. “Noona...”

“Just go...”

“N-noona...” He still had his hand on my arm and he takes a step forward. Right now, I don’t want him near me. He’s confusing me; he’s making things hard for me. “JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, CHOI YOUNGJAE! GET LOST!”

I pushed him and he loses his balance. He falls on the ground and he just stared at me in shock. I took this chance to enter our house but not after I told him something I’d regret afterwards, “Please give me some space. I want to be alone for a while....”

End of Flashback

 

And he did just that. Youngjae stopped atten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter