Mark in Luv

GOT7 Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

credits to owner (taken from photobucket^^)

 

Title: Mark in Luv

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Mark / You

Disclaimer: This is a GOT7 fanfiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

 

I might change the title so for now, let’s settle with “Mark in Luv”.

This one’s a little longer than the previous oneshots so please bear with me~ Please do read until the end, okay? Thank you! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------

All the students scream as GEM, as they’re known among their fans, make their way inside the school gates. Students tap on the car windows of their idols, desperate for them to get their idols’ attention.

“Mark, you’re so handsome!!!”

“Jaebum, marry me please!!”

“Oh my gosh, Jackson! You’re so hot and y! OH MY GOD!!!”

“Jinyoung-ah!!!!! GODDDDDDDDDD! HUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!”

This is the usual scene at Jehwapi Highschool – for every little thing that Mark, Jaebum, Jackson and Jinyoung did, girls and boys alike would go crazy.

 

Not far from the gates, Kanick who’s on her way to school, could see the commotion and she knows just why people are going crazy.

“Tss… Must be those GEM guys again… What’s so special about them going to school? They’re students so they are expected to! Stupid fans…”

Kanick never liked the group because she thinks they’re all just jerks blessed with good looks. Although Jaebum and Jinyoung are grade-conscious freaks who actually excel in class, she still dislikes the two because she caught them once laguhing at those who got failing grades. Jackson, on the other hand, is an average student who just likes to boast – most of the time making a fool out of himself. He’s the self-proclaimed wild and y member of their gang and people seem to buy this. Last is Mark – the handsome guy. He’s smart but he’s really quiet – a complete opposite of his closest buddy, Jackson. He doesn’t talk much and usually just sits around, listening to music or browsing on his iPad.

One may think that Mark’s not so bad at all but Kanick dislikes him the most.

On the day that Kanick took the entrance exam to Jehwapi Highschool, Mark humiliated her in front of the other students taking the test. She might’ve deserved it because of her behavior but her pride still took a huge blow. Back then, every time Kanick was reminded of this horrific episode, she just wants to curl up into a ball and hide from the eyes of everyone.

 

-FLASHBACK- (back when Kanick was about to graduate from middle school and she decided to enroll at a prestigious highschool)

After the first part of the exam, everyone was given a fifteen-minute break. Kanick took this chance to go to the comfort room.

When she went back, she found Mark sitting on her chair busy chatting with Jinyoung. At first, Kanick tried to politely get Mark’s attention but to no avail.

A few more tries and she snaps, raising her voice, “Hey, are you deaf or what? That’s my seat!”

Mark turns to her then smiles, “Nowwpe.” Then he goes back to chatting with his friend.

This infuriated Kanick so she says again, trying her hardest to stay calm, “I said… that’s my seat…”

With a straight face, Mark asks back, “Are you blind or what? I’m busy chatting here. I’ll go when our break’s up.”

By this time, a lot of the students in the room were already looking at the two.

Kanick obviously didn’t want to cause any trouble on that day so she gave up and went outside for a while.

She’s always dreamed of studying in Jehwapi and no stupid guy as the one in front of her could ruin that.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

The incident itself wasn’t so bad if not for some students posting pictures of her and Mark’s confrontation. Of course, everyone favored their handsome prince over the “attention ”, as they referred to her.

Good thing though, the posts were all taken down right away. Kanick thought everyone would move on but she thought wrong.

While Kanick did get admitted at Jehwapi Highschool, the first few months of her stay wasn’t all that pleasant. A number of students made fun of her – pulling all kinds of pranks just because she fought with and ‘humiliated’ their oppa.

But being the strong woman that she is, Kanick withstood all these and most of the bullies got tired of poking fun at her. At times, some immature GEM fans would still prank her but Kanick’s already gotten used to it by now, it doesn’t even bother her anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Dude, when are you going to approach her, huh?” Jackson asks.

“What? Who?” Mark asks back, pretending to not know.

“Kanick, of course,” Jaebum joins the boys’ conversation.

“Everyone knows you like her…” Jackson exaggerates.

Mark looks up to his friend and places his iPad down, “Everyone? Dude, stop making up stories.”

“Okay, then WE know,” Jackson corrects himself.

“I don’t like her,” Mark snaps back. He was about to pick his iPad up when Jinyoung grabs it first.

“Then explain this.” The latter swipes on the iPad screen and reveals to the rest of the gang a gallery full of Kanick’s photos.

“Creepy~” Jackson teases.

“I don’t like her,” Mark repeats before grabbing back his gadget. I love her…

“Whatever. You know, you two got off the wrong feet. If you want to get her, then start now. Go apologize or something. Do romantic things for her. Girls love romantic things,” Jackson tells his friend like he knows a lot about women.

“Jackson’s right. You know, I think she secretly likes you, too.”

“Shut up, Jaebum.”

Does she?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Will you stop fangirling over those guys, please?” Kanick tells Keisha, her roommate, who is squealing over fan-taken photos of GEM

“Oh come on! I know you secretly like at least one of them, too!”

­Keisha is right, though. Kanick does like one of them – Mark. She used to hate the guy so much that she found herself constantly checking him out, looking for faults that she could criticize. ‘Til now, she regularly stalks his Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as his fan pages. Obviously, all she finds in those websites are all the good things about Mark.

All those dreamy photos of him… those videos of him doing martial arts tricking… Before Kanick realized it, she, too, has fallen for Mark’s charms. But their past keeps her from revealing her feelings to her friends. I say I hate him so I sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter