Online Friends

GOT7 Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Online Friends

Author: hangarianne

Requested by: Aeyoon

Pairing: Yugyeom / Aeyoon (You/Reader)

Disclaimer: This is a GOT7 fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

-------------------------------------------------------

*ting*

You checked your Kakao Talk account as soon as you heard the chat sound.

Dancingmachine17: Hey. What’s up?

Almost instantly, a smile forms on your lips. You key in a response immediately.

You: I’m good, just browsing the ‘net. Lots of research to do TT.TT

Dancingmachine17: Oh, am I interrupting? We can talk later or whenever you’re not busy…

‘Hell no, I am never busy when it comes to you. These term papers can wait,’ you thought.

You: Oh, no, it’s okay. It can wait :)

Dancingmachine17: Really? Cool! Anyway… uhm…

You wait for him to continue but he doesn’t right away, making you feel impatient. To kill time, you switch back to your laptop and watched a random video of your favorite Korean idol group.

“Whoa~” Three members of the group sang and danced ily on stage. Just in time as they ripped their shirts open, your sister opens the door to your bedroom, yelling.

“Ya! I’ve been calling you to come downstairs! Dinner’s freakin’ served! What the hell were you doing?”

Before she gets any closer, you slam the lid of your laptop down and answer back, “I’m doing my research, can you not see?!”

She laughs at you, “Oh really~ then why did you close the lid? Can’t your sister see what you’re ‘RESEARCHING’?”

“Shut up.” You walk out of your room and she follows, still teasing you. “Ah~ Maybe… You’re chatting with that guy again!”

You shoot her a glance, “What guy?”

“That guy you met in online. You gave him your Facebook account, right?”

“I know no such guy.” You turn your back but your sister grabs your arm.

She moves closer and tells you in a serious tone, “Guys you meet online cannot be trusted. Don’t ever agree to meet him, understand? If I catch you chatting with him again, I’ll tell Mom you used your allowance to buy those Super Junior merchandise. Remember that.”

“Unnie!” You call out to her but she ignores you. ‘It’s not even my Facebook account… Just Kakao…’

 

Later that night, you find yourself unable to sleep. Thoughts of your online friend filled your mind.

‘What’s wrong with being friends with strangers? It’s not like I’m giving out my personal information…’ You thought and you realize that ‘Kim oppa’, as he asked you to call him, did just the same thing – he never really bothered to give you his first name, at least, while you gave out your nickname.

‘Guys you meet online cannot be trusted’ You realize that while you liked talking to Kim oppa, you still didn’t fully trust him – the same way he probably doesn’t trust you back. ‘But that’s not the main problem, is it?’ In the very short period of four months that you’ve been chatting with him, you found yourself slowly falling for him.

‘Stupid Aeyoon! This is the problem with me… I get attached to people easily… I fall for people fast…’ As much you wanted to cut-off ties with Kim oppa, you at least wanted to meet him. Then you remembered your conversation with your sister and Kim oppa’s message that’s probably left unread ‘til now. ‘Did he finally send a reply?’

After making sure that your sister is already sound asleep, you took out your phone and found the following messages from your friend:

Dancingmachine17: I’m not sure if you’d agree to this but can we meet somewhere briefly? (6:45pm)

Dancingmachine17: I’ll be waiting here at a bench near the JYP building. I’m wearing a white shirt. (6:46pm)

Dancingmachine17: Hey. You said you live around this place, right?^^ (6:50pm)

Dancingmachine17: I’ll wait for you… (7:00pm)

Dancingmachine17: It’s getting late. A girl like you shouldn’t be out at this time anymore… Sorry to bother you… (7:30pm)

Dancingmachine17: Maybe next time? ^^ (7:30pm)

You debated within yourself whether to reply now or to use the situation to finally stop communicating with Kim oppa. In the process, you fall asleep, making things even more awkward the following day.

Dancingmachine17: I guess you don’t want to talk to me anymore… (6:30am)

Dancingmachine17: I’ll be here whenever you feel like talking again :) (6:31pm)

You let out a sigh. ‘What should I do?’ Your thoughts are interrupted by a painful flick on your forehead.

“YA!” You exclaim, rubbing the spot that got hit.

“Didn’t I tell you not to talk to that guy anymore?” Your sister sits on your bed beside you.

“I wasn’t…”

She grabs your phone and reads the messages. “Tss. Trying to appeal to pity…”

Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter