My E.T. Friend

GOT7 Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  My E.T. Friend

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Youngjae / OC

Requested by: ysc0129

Disclaimer: This is a GOT7 fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

~This is a ‘you’ story!

-------------------------------------------------------

Youngjae walks out of the dollhouse that I used to play with when I was young. He rubs his eyes as he sleepily asks me, "Aren't you going to sleep yet? It's..." He stops to look around and squints at the wall clock hanging near my bedroom door. "It's already eleven in the evening; you won't have enough time to get your beauty rest anymore."

"I'm just... doing some research," I tell him as I go back to what I was doing.

"What research?" He goes around my laptop to look at the screen but I quickly slam the lid down, startling him. "Ya, what are you hiding?"

"Nothing. Let's go to sleep."

He stares at me with wide eyes as what seems like a realization hits him, "Oh my god. Were you watching something?"

I lean closer to him and whisper, "Yeah. I was watching videos of how to get rid of weird miniatures like you."

Hearing what I just said, Youngjae scurries back inside the dollhouse and closed the door. "You're a monster!" he yells from inside and I just shrug it off. 'Like I can do that...'

I walked over to my bed, turned around and just let my body fall on the soft mattress. I stare at Youngjae's house as thoughts of him filled my mind.

 

It's been a year already since I stumbled upon Youngjae while walking to school...

 

-flashback-

"Aish, why are these shoes so stubborn?" I say loudly as I crouched down to fix my shoelaces. It's the third time now since I left home that they magically untied themselves.

"Hey, watch out!" A voice says.

I look around but the alley I am in is deserted. I shrug it off and went back to my business. I shifted my left leg as I fixed my right shoe and I hear the same voice again.

"I told you to watch out. Are you deaf?"

"What the?" I looked around again but still found no one. This time though, I feel something lightly hit my foot. The source was so small I had to lean closer to get a better look at it.

The moment we locked eyes and he spoke again to express his annoyance at my supposed rude behavior, I was startled and I fell on my . Hard.

"W-what are you?" Good thing I was wearing my gym uniform that day I could scoot away from the small boy before me.

"More like who. I am Choi Youngjae. And you are?"

I stared at him, amazed that such small creature could talk to a giant like me without getting  scared. He even held out his hand for me to shake.

"Ah, so you really are a rude kid," he says as he turns his back to walk away.

"I'm ." I hold out my index finger for his small hand to shake. He turns around and studies me. "D-don't look at me like you're using your x-ray powers or something."

He chuckles and finally shakes my hand. "I guess I can trust you."

-end of flashback-

 

From what I've gathered so far, Youngjae came from a planet called Gatsebeun. Yes, a weird-sounding place. He said he was on his way back home when his spaceship collided with an asteroid and crashed with it here on Earth.

He's been wandering the planet for a month already when I found him. He said he tried to get help from humans like me but he always got ignored. I was the first one to notice him and he took a risk to entrust me with his secret.

 

Youngjae looks the same age as me - a highschooler - but he says he's so much older back at their planet. He says he's around a hundred years old but I refuse to believe that. He's the same age at me, period.

 

At first, it was awkward between us. I didn't know how to treat him, what to give him or how to speak to him. However, as we spent more time together, we naturally came to know more about each other and everything else just followed.

 

One thing though that bothers me is when he will leave. I remember watching all the episodes of "You Who Came from the Stars" (/ "My Love from the Stars") and the thought of Youngjae leaving like Do Minjoon saddens me. I don't really have a lot of friends and  Youngjae is the only one I feel comfortable sharing my worries with.

 

Maybe I like him, maybe I don't. It's something I don't want to dwell into yet - not when everything uncertain between us. Besides, how can I have a midget alien for a boyfriend? Everyone will think I'm nuts.

'Go back to the place where you found it and you'll find clues...'

That's what a particular post said. I've been looking for details about planet Gatsebeun and its inhabitants but found nothing so far. I tried general information about aliens and this made the most sense.

Going to take a risk and try... I told myself. As much as I want to keep Youngjae all to myself, I know he misses home so bad and I want to help him find his way back.

-------------------------------------------------------

The next day... Afternoon...

 

Youngjae didn't leave his house until I made a promise not to hurt him.  He must've really thought I was going to get rid of him.

"Then what were you watching last night?"

"Nothing. I was researching about you... how I could help you go back to your planet."

I glance at him and he was just looking at me. I couldn't tell if he's sad or glad at my revelation.

"Why that face?" I ask as I typed something on my laptop, searching again about aliens.

"Am I being a burden to you? I mean, I can leave if you want. It's not like I'm sad that you want me out of your life. I... I... uhh... I just hate it when I give people a hard time. Yeah, that's it."

"I wish I could keep you forever..." I whisper.

"What?"

"I said you're not giving me a hard time and I genuinely want to help you. Your family must be so worried. You can come back here anytime."

Youngjae doesn't respond and I focused my attention back on my laptop. We've been very emotional lately I'm scared that he's leaving soon.

"So what's the plan?" He finally asks after a few minutes of silence.

I turn to him and say, "We're going back to that alley where I found you."

"What? Why?"

"This post says I should go back to where we first met or something. I should find clues there."

"When are we going?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter