Sleeping beauty (full)

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun held onto his little Luhan's hand tight, kissing it from time to time. The alpha's eyes were finally dry, free of tears. Dark circles lingered under his eyes, giving a sharp contrast to his paled skin. With his hair disheveled and clothes crumpled, he looked like he had just woken up after a long night out with his friends, heavy hangover tainting his features.

While his current appearance might have given such impressions to the nurses and doctors that would, from time to time, check on his limp mate, the alpha knew well that it was far from true.

Although, he had to admit that he had not caught much sleep the night before. Or the one before that... Actually, he hadn't really slept in weeks. 

Like that mattered to anyone.

Sehun was unable to close his eyes, even for short moments. He was just too weak for that... His parents, even though they were growing more and more worried as days and nights blended into one, for their entire family, never had the strength to force him to go back home and sleep. They couldn't, not when his sweet omega lay there on the cold bed, cold and pale, floating between life and death?

It was natural, the doctors had stated. They had given the small boy strong doses of medicines, both to help his natural healing abilities to kick in and to dull the pain he must have felt. A side effect of these drugs was sleep. For most patients, - Luhan included -  it was definitely convenient as wolves healed quicker while in a state of unconsciousness. Also, it saved them the pain they would have felt while awake.

However, such medicines were never really used on omegas, given that the frail little creatures were usually protected by their alphas: they rarely suffered injuries like that. With the tiny boy being skinnier than anyone his age should have been, this treatment was quite risky. Just a little bit of this and that, and it could have killed him, just like that.

Sehun, at first, hadn't wanted his mate to be sedated this way. He was simply terrified, knowing very well that Luhan could die so easily like that..

Yet, he'd never really had any choice. The little wolf was injured so badly, all his moments would have been spent in agony had he been conscious. 

Just some time ago, when his mate's injuries had been listed to him, Sehun had thought that he would never have a chance to look into those shiny brown eyes of the little omega again. His skin was torn at various places, limbs broken, many of his bones practically shattered. Worst though, was his throat.

Even if most of his wounds were slowly healing, bones mending themselves at a sluggish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter