Souls

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan peeked at the tiny omega on the bed next to his. His eyes were shut, but his body was tense: never before had he relaxed, not even when he was asleep. The nurses treated him as if he was made of glass: each of his whines were answered by sweet words. Even when he just asked for a glass of water, he was given several jugs of the plain fluid...

It was weird, the other omega had to remark to himself from time to time.

However, some time later, he learned just why people were so nice to his roommate. Huang Zitao - an omega born into a prestigious family - was fading away. His mate had been killed in a raid: rogues had attacked their home in hope of kidnapping omegas...

Zitao managed to run away, but his mate, Yifan hadn't been so lucky. The alpha had been torn into pieces by his attackers: the only thing that remained after him was the necklace his frail mate had given him for their anniversary.

Ever since then, the omega had been there in that little hospital room, scars marring his skin; and tears staining his cheeks. 

Luhan never talked to him: he just didn't know what to say. Even if he had never raised properly and he knew little about the true depth of the bond between mates, he couldn't even imagine losing Sehun... His heart ached for Zitao, but he just didn't know how he could help the other..

Of course, Luhan was allowed home not much later. The wound on his head healed quickly and even if he was still a shaky on his feet, he was as good as new. Part of him didn't want to leave Zitao behind: he didn't know what the other would do if he was left alone. They may not have been close, but for an odd reason, the little omega felt like they could have been friends...

If life hasn't already been drained from Zitao. His body was alive, yes, but his soul was not. The chance for a happy life had been torn from him..

Sehun had never understood why his mate had been in the same room as such an unfortunate little thing. He had grown fond of Zitao, yes, but he felt like Luhan shouldn't have encountered a broken person like him, not when he was still just recovering...

So of course, he was happy to take his sweet little omega home. He had already planned everything from getting some take-away food in a local restaurant to curling up on the couch, watching some silly cartoons while eating. However, even when Sehun trie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter