Vivid

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a moment, Sehun felt dread wash over him as he dashed to the dining room. Already, he was sure that all the precious progress they had made with Luhan would be gone: after all, they had let him get harmed, even if they could have prevented it by ease.

He had failed his mate as an alpha...

His beast roared in panic as he bent down to see his little mate sprawled on the floor, rubbing his head with a frown on his pretty little lips. The small boy looked up at the other, fear flickering in large brown orbs as he tried to push himself up.

He had broken the chair he had been sitting on. 

What happened was that the small omega had been testing if he could rock back and forth with the large, curious about how far he could move with it without falling back. However, he hadn't thought about the possibility of being unable to balance himself once he had leant back too far... Thus, Luhan ended up on the floor, hitting the back of his head quite a bit. He managed to push the pain away, regret and panic stronger in his mind.

He had just done something so bad that he would be happy to survive the punishment that he deserved. He had broken something.. It was one of the worst things he could have committed - escaping being on the top of the not-to-do so you survive list. 

Sehun on the other hand, didn't seem to care about the chair as he rushed to the small boy's side, helping him sit up and pressing on his head at various places, causing the little omega to let out silent, breathy whines of pain.

"Oh Luhan..." the alpha said with a sigh, pulling his little mate into his arms."Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself anywhere else? Would you like some water? Or tea.. juice? Mom can get you some if you want. Just don't make me this worried again, okay?" Sehun was rambling, his voice low and raspy. His heart was pounding rapidly in his chest as he tried to calm himself down, knowing very well that he had to act as if nothing grand had happened. After all, Luhan had to understand that he wouldn't be hurt again, he would never be harmed..."

Biting into his lower lip as his tiny hand was placed atop Sehun's Luhan blinked at the alpha, fear still lingering in his doe-like eyes. While his humane part was ready to be punished for his utter stupidity, his beast was whining in vain, sensing their alpha's distress by ease. The small omega was torn in two: he just didn't know what to do. 

He wanted to run away but at the same time, he desperately wanted to cling to the alpha, show him that all was fine, that he hadn't been hurt..

The first, tiny whine escaped him mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter