Dark Fur: Part Two

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun bit into his lower lip, tugging at the edges of the baggy sweater he was wearing. He kept on fidgeting on the large couch, making a face as his eyes fell on the spot of blood they had yet to remove from it. Just that reminded him of everything that had happened.

"I know that it will be very hard to talk about," Mr Oh started, frowning a little as he could easily see just how nervous the boy was."However, you do have to understand that you will have to tell us your story, as quickly as possible. Recently, we have discovered more and more signs of omega abuse. We can only act against it if know what exactly we want to stop. I do hope that you understand me, young Baekhyun."

Nodding slowly with his gaze set on the pale carpet, Baekhyun nodded. Some of his dark hair fell into his eyes as he leant ahead even more, shielding the tears that glimmered in his eyes."Yes, sir." he said quietly."I know very well."

"Would you be more comfortable with only telling my wife?" The alpha asked, a sigh escaping him."I would listen to what you are talking about, but you wouldn't be talking to me directly."

Omegas bonded very quickly with their own kin, especially when they were in dire need of a gentle touch or some words to cheer them up. 

With a quivering but grateful smile, the boy shook his head."No, thank you." he said after a few moments of silence."I think I can do it with you here." he added, a flash of confidence evident in his eyes as he slowly lifted his head to look at the alpha."Maybe... Maybe you will be able to save some of the people there." 

The man nodded, his eyes wandering to Sehun who was standing in the doorway for a moment. It was natural that the young alpha craved to know just what has harmed an omega this badly: their instincts told them to protect and cherish the weak at any cost.

Only, some wolves simply lacked these so-called instincts. 

Baekhyun fiddled with his fingers for a few minutes, well aware of the extra pair of eyes on him. He struggled to ignore his hatred for being stared at, well-aware of the fact that the family that had found him meant no harm to him. Still, it was incredibly hard to fight the fear, the thoughts that wished to litter his mind with images of him being hurt again.

He could only relax a little when Mrs Oh sat down next to him, taking his hand to give it a gentle, reassuring squeeze. She had been making some tea before, now the cups of the hot  liquid were in the middle of the small coffee table in front of the couch, sweet steam escapi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter