Never

Precious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan woke to fuzzy warm towels rubbing his frail body and sweet lips pecking his sweaty forehead. He was a bit cold, but nowhere near as much as when he had been out in the forest. Mind still lingering in peaceful darkness, the omega didn't want to wake fully, not yet.

He had always loved silent minutes like this, ones that he shared with his mate. Neither of them would move or talk, let alone open their eyes. Being on the brink of sleep was quite different from being completely swallowed by it: and yet, it couldn't quite compare to being fully awake either. 

Dreams he had before were still vividly etched onto the back of his firmly shut eyelids, playing in front of his very eyes. In these short moments, they were always still so realistic, so sweet. 

Even now, Luhan could still smell the scent of rain, of the forest... he could see the flowers he had somehow caused to bloom, he could still feel bits of dirt stick to his fur, even if now, he was in his humane form.

It was odd, but never in a bad way. 

Of course, this time it was somewhat different from usual: Sehun was wide awake, tending to his little mate with all the care and love of the world. He had been so worried, nearly petrified when he had woken up to an empty bed. Because of his fear from many things Luhan rarely ever crept out of it at night. If he had very urgent business to mind, he woke his mate with puppy eyes and an adorable little whine, one that the other could never resist. 

But this time, it seemed like he had matters urgent enough to morph into his wolven form - judged by the remains of his clothes laying on the floor, their mess joined by some stray strands of soft pale fur - and just..run. 

Sehun had ended up doing the same, letting his beast lead him through the forest by ease. His mate's fragrance was literally everywhere, a very telltale sign of where he had gone. Had he wanted to escape from his alpha - although even the thought of something like that tore the Sehun's souls to shreds, he had to consider it as an option - he probably would have at least tried to hide it. And yet, it was very easy to find him, on the brink of passing out, wet and muddy.

He was still as beautiful as ever, body relaxing the very moment he sensed his mate's presence... 

The alpha let out a soft sigh as he tried to forget the happenings of dawn, pushing his thoughts away so he could focus on the sick little one on the bed. Luhan h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter