Boyfriend High School Host Club

Absolute Boyfriend

                Seh Lyung’s heart sped up at the close proximity of the robot-boy. “It’s Jeongmin.” He said simply, as if he almost expected her to forget his own name.

                She shied away from him slightly, expecting him to advance to her. Surprisingly, he remained still, as if he didn’t notice. Wasn’t he supposed to be asking for a good night kiss or something? Or cuddle? He was the skinshippy boyfriend. She coughed, feeling uncomfortable, drained in her own thoughts. “Uhm.”

                “Yeah?” he asked, delivering her a faint smile.

                 Seh Lyung blushed. Jeongmin seemed, different. It was making her feel uncomfortable. Was this some trick? “Where is everyone else?” she asked warily.

                “Charging.” Jeongmin replied so casually it almost made her shiver. They weren’t sleeping, no, they were charging. “K-Will-hyung is passed out on the couch.”

                She laughed softly. “My uncle works too hard.”

                “Well, he loves his job.” Jeongmin countered, staring aimlessly at the sky. “I’m sure that he wouldn’t miss sleep for something he didn’t love.”

                Intrigued, Seh Lyung leaned forward, trying to find something different in Jeongmin’s face. “Is this the same Lee Jeongmin from this morning?” she joked.

                Jeongmin smiled again. “What? Do I seem strange?”

                Blunt, the girl nodded. “Do you know why?”

                His face fell, and it seemed as if he didn’t want to answer. “Will it make girlfriend happy if I answered it honestly?” he whispered. When she didn’t answer, he took it as a signal to continue. “It’s… difficult.”

                “What do you mean, difficult?”

                “I want your attention.” He admitted, bashful. And even under the starry night sky, Seh Lyung’s blush remained prominent. “But it’s difficult. Donghyun-hyung has his leader thing. Hyunseong-hyung has his shy thing. Minwoo has his cute thing, and then there’s me.”

                How could a robot call himself flawed? “There’s nothing wrong with you,” she assured.

                “Believe it or not, I keep track.” Jeongmin confessed. “14% of your attention goes to Donghyun-hyung, 12% goes to Minwoo—though I believe it’s  high only  because he’s in your class—and 10% is Hyunseong-hyung’s… 60% is a general conglomeration of your everyday thoughts, such as school and friends…” As much as him keeping track of Seh Lyung’s attention creeped her out, she continued to listen.  “… and that leaves 4% to me.”

                Four? Sure, Seh Lyung didn’t really talk to Jeongmin as much as the others, but only 4%?

                “What do I do to make Seh Lyung notice me?” he asked, as if she wasn’t there. “I used a straightforward and cool style, but that obviously doesn’t work.”

                Seh Lyung reached over and patted Jeongmin’s knee, trying to express some sympathy. “I’ll pay more attention to the Jeongmin I’m talking to now.” It wasn’t a lie, if this was the ‘real’ Jeongmin, she wouldn’t mind. Not the Jeongmin who acted like a playboy towards her.

                Hesitant, Jeongmin lifted his hand and rested it atop of hers. Thankfully, she didn’t pull back. “Would you really?”

                “I suppose I never liked your constant ask of kisses and how you grabbed my hands right after I met you,” Her hand was encased over Jeongmin’s, and for once she was alright with it. “But, it’s in your programming to act like that? So, I won’t ask you to change.”

                Jeongmin squeezed her hand. “There’s nothing I won’t do for you.”

                As sweet as that sounded, Seh Lyung wouldn’t have it. “You’re already sacrificing your charging time talking to me.”

                Jeongmin scrunched his nose. “An hour without rest wouldn’t make a difference.” He suddenly stood up, but still cradled her hand. “As for you… you have to go to sleep. I distinctly heard your uncle saying to go to sleep after ten minutes… it’s been thirty.”

                “You were eavesdropping.” She stated.

                “Techinically it was just my hypersensitive hearing, you can’t blame me.” Jeongmin looked around for a bit, and grinned. He eyed a certain bright yellow house across the street. “A baby just said his first words. Omma.”

                How far could he actually hear? Seh Lyung scrambled up, gripping his hand long enough to make him feel better. Besides, he wasn’t all that bad. At least at that moment.

                “Would you like me to walk you to your room?” Jeongmin asked as if he was a schoolboy walking her home.

                “No thanks.” She finally let go of him, as they walked back inside, careful to not wake up K.Will. “Hurry up and change.”

                “Wait…” Jeongmin suddenly was acting shy, his hand holding his neck. “Can we do this again sometime? Talks on the porch?”

                Before fleeing up the stairs, Seh Lyung gave him a small nod. “Probably.”

                The next morning Donghyun wanted to go over some ground rules. The leader had never expected the younger ones to engage in a friendship with two human boys, also known as Youngmin and Kwangmin.

                So that morning he ordered everyone to wake up extra early. Also known as, 2AM.

                They were filed in the street in front of the mansion so they wouldn’t make noise while K.Will and Seh Lyung slept. The dark sky wouldn’t be a problem with their night vision.

                Jeongmin yawned, and everyone looked at him strangely. Robots don’t yawn.

                “Jeongmin,” Donghyun said, raising an eyebrow. “What time did you power down last night?”

                “Same as you guys,” Jeongmin lied smoothly, trying to stifle away the next yawn. He wasn’t going to give up his alone time with Seh Lyung, if anything, he’ll tell them later.

                Donghyun paid extra close attention, but didn’t continue to prod. “First off, I assume Seh Lyung told you earlier that you’re to never address her as our girlfriend outside of this home?”

                “Ne!”

                “And to never reveal that you’re a robot?”

                “… Ani.”

                It was Hyunseong who said that, as he frowned. “I knew it was you at the twins’ house, but I called you out before you rang the bell. And Youngmin thought I was weird.”

                “I heard,” Donghyun reached over and patted Hyunseong’s back. “But it’s whatever. They’ve probably forgotten it.” Hyunseong perked up a bit after that and smiled. “Anyways, school is doing well for all of you?”

                The curly-haired brunette stepped in, shaking his head. “I want to be in Seh Lyung’s class with Minwoo,” he grabbed Hyunseong’s arm, “Our class is so boring without her.”

                “It would’ve looked too suspicious if we put all three of you in the same class,” Donghyun clarified, crossing his arms. “Besides, you and Hyunseong’s appearances are older.”

                Jeongmin countered, “It’s also suspicious if a teacher looks for your background information and finds none.”

                “Jeongminnie-hyung?” Minwoo questioned, looking at his friend strangely. “Why are you acting like this?”

                Donghyun and Jeongmin ignored him. The tension was strange. Jeongmin honestly had no clue why he was overheating in this conversation, maybe he was cranky from lack of power? “My application states I work with K.Will-hyung, and its fine because he’s a professor. Besides, I’m technically working with him.” The leader said coolly.

                “HEY, WHY ARE YOU GUYS UP SO LATE!?”

                Donghyun’s composure slackened, and Jeongmin forced a smile. Hyunseong scrambled to lie down comfortably, which left Minwoo to smile like a complete idiot (but it was cute because he’s Minwoo.)

                Youngmin and Kwangmin flew over their front porch, both adorning their flannel pajama bottoms and bunny slippers. They didn’t look tired at all, in fact, they looked like they were ready to run a marathon.  

                Minwoo reached over and pinched the fabric of Kwangmin’s pants. “Why is there yellow Pokémon all over your pants?”

                “That’s Pikachu.” Kwangmin said proudly.

                “I want pants like this!”

                “You don’t own pajamas?” Youngmin asked, raising his eyebrows.

                Donghyun quickly interjected, smiling dorkily. “I promised him some new pajama bottoms after it ripped in the wash. Anyways, why are you guys up so late?”

                The twins’ laugh echoed in the empty street. “We should be asking you the same thing,” the blond twin said. “We were having an all-out Halo match.”

                “Is Halo another Pokémon game?” Hyunseong asked.

                “No, it’s way more violent—”

                Kwangmin started taking the lead as he eyed the four boys. “Why are you by Seh Lyung’s house?” he asked with doubt.

                The dark-haired boy named Hyunseong turned his head to the side, as if he didn’t notice it. “I guess we took too far a walk…” he said, feigning innocence.

                Unconvinced, the younger twin continued to press. “And why would you go out to walk at two in the morning?”

                “We have jobs!” Minwoo answered happily. Jobs as being Seh Lyungs boyfriend? Har-har-har.

                “Jobs!?” Kwangmin asked in disbelief. “You guys are in high school, what could you possibly need jobs for?”

                “A teacher’s salary doesn’t really get too far when you’re taking care of four people.” Donghyun explained.

                All the suspicion was swiped of Youngmin and Kwangmin’s faces as they laughed. “Where do you three work at this time? Host clubs?” they asked, giving faces of ertedness. But as the pure boyfriends they were, didn’t catch on to the joke, and only respond in literal terms.

                “Hey, it’s pretty cold out; you can crash here for the night if you want.” Youngmin offered, leading them inside their home.

                Minwoo flung himself towards Kwangmin, clinging to his arm like a child. “Can I stay with you, Kwangminnie?” 

                Hyunseong managed to grab him back and remained in the living room, where Jeongmin was helping out and getting blankets. “The four of us will stay here.” He said.

                “Are you sure?” Kwangmin asked, leaning on the banister of the shiny wooden staircase. “It’s a pretty big house…” the twin noticed the four boys looked extremely tired, as they leaned on each of the couches, and multiple shoulders being used as pillows. Soft snoring was heard, as they pulled off pretending to sleep perfectly. Kwangmin chuckled lightly. “Nevermind… maybe next time. Night~”

                When Kwangmin and Youngmin were finally gone, Donghyun’s eyes shot up and he kicked Minwoo harshly in the leg.

                “Ow, hyung!” Minwoo seethed. He didn’t feel the pain, but he learned it was a human reflex to say ‘ow.’

                “I hope you’re happy, now Youngmin and Kwangmin think you’re male prostitues.”

~~~

I changed the font. I wanted to see how it looked~ hope you don't mind!

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Camille