Your Name

Absolute Boyfriend

                “You go in first.”

                “No, you.”

                “I’m the hyung, do as I say!”

                “By only like six minutes! You were built six minutes after me, big deal!”

                “Just go!”

                Youngmin forcefully pushed his brother through the wooden double doors, almost causing him to slip. Kwangmin shuffled in the open room, his long legs splaying across the floor. He froze, meeting the stare of K.Will.

                K.Will raised his eyebrows, trying to figure out what had just happened. He closed his checkbook, and folded his hands. He watched Youngmin slowly enter his office as well, his blond head of hair glowing like a flashlight in stark contrast to his brother’s. “Can I help you two?”

                “Y-yeah.” Kwangmin muttered awkwardly, trying to stand up straight. He looked expectantly to Youngmin. “Hyung,” he stressed specifically on the honorific to mock his brother’s position, “tell hyungnim what you were just talking about.”

                Before glaring at Kwangmin, Youngmin coughed. “Well, we’ve had more time with the hyungs lately.” Because Seh Lyung’s mother was staying over. “And we’ve been noticing some weird… things.”

                “And we’re worried.” Kwangmin added.

                Urgent, K.Will pulled the handle of his desk drawer tightly, gripping one of his journals. He flipped through his notes, trying to find an error in the log. “When was this?” he asked, his eyes not leaving his book.

                “A few weeks ago.” Youngmin looked up, trying to remember. “There was a fire—”

                “Hey!” Kwangmin rudely slapped his brother’s arm. “He isn’t supposed to know about that!”

                “I already know about the restaurant issue,” K.Will muttered offhandedly, explaining how he told the hyung-line not to keep any more secrets. “listen,” he folded his legs together, trying to look professional. “I condemn you guys for finding the courage to tell me. But,” Youngmin and Kwangmin gave each other nervous sideway glances, “you’re not allowed to keep these kinds of secrets. I want you to tell me everything you know.”

                For the next half hour the twins went on a huge story about how they accidentally found out. The first occurrence was when Jeongmin was wandering the halls and Youngmin had just come out of the bathroom. Jeongmin didn’t notice. But Youngmin found Jeongmin leaning his ear against the wall trying to hear what Seh Lyung and Donghyun were talking about in the other room, but complained how he “couldn’t hear anything.”

                “But we didn’t say anything because Donghyun-hyung told us not to worry when we asked.” Kwangmin said. And it was true, they had gone up to him and asked, but Donghyun disregarded it. “He said it was nothing.”

                “Finally, we figured out it was all a lie.” Youngmin concluded. “Hyunseong-hyung openly admitted that there was definitely a problem. He said he can’t hear from far away or detect people anymore. But you know him, he wouldn’t want anyone to worry. So we told you in his place.”

                “Without him knowing.” Kwangmin added.

                “So what should we do?” K.Will asked, not really expecting an answer. “To be honest, there isn’t much. I’ll run some tests and see what I can do. Too bad I didn’t know earlier, I don’t know if I can save their abilities.” Sarcastically, he said, “At least they’re not dead!”

                Youngmin and Kwangmin flinched at the bad joke. “At least Minwoo’s okay.” Kwangmin tried.

                “04? Are you kidding?” K.Will looked through his file folder, pulling out a dark yellow one labeled ’04.’ “He disregarded his duties and found interest in Lee Ji Eun. He let her reprogram him.”

                “The kiss was an accident.” Kwangmin reasoned. “Seh Lyung and Minwoo made up.”

                “04 let himself become overpowered by a small girl. And if he didn’t leave the fire under 01’s command, he also didn’t follow a leader’s orders. It’s problematic.”

                Kwangmin once again stepped forward, slapping his hands on the desk. “But again, he came back! He still loves Seh Lyung and everything’s back to normal.” He had no idea why he was defending Minwoo if he wanted Seh Lyung too; but he supposed that was what friends did for each other.

                And as if it was the punch line, K.Will snapped his fingers. “And that’s the thing, back to normal.” K.Will looked out the window. “I’ve programed the Absolute Boyfriend to be reset every time they’re kissed. It’s a recycling mechanism. Minwoo had forgotten about his relationship with Lee Ji Eun, but not with Seh Lyung.”

                “So?” Youngmin asked. “That’s not bad.”

                “Are you kidding? This is a whole new revelation!” K.Will was actually grinning, and humming to himself. It was scary how drastically his personality just changed. “Don’t you get it?”

                “No?”

                A knock on the door interrupted them. K.Will looked back and forth between the twins. He coughed, “Come in.”

                “Hyungnim, I was looking—” Donghyun stopped himself, surprised at the presence of Youngmin and Kwangmin. “What are you two doing here?” he asked, partially suspicious.

                Youngmin was about to answer, but K.Will decided to cut him off.  “You should know.” K.Will narrowed his chocolate brown eyes. “Surely you would know, you could hear about a mile away, right?”

                Donghyun paled, visibly lighter than usual if possible. It was a trap, he knew that much. All he had to do was play it off. “Of course I could.”

                “Then what were we just talking about?”

                The room was dead silent. K.Will laughed dryly. “I thought so.”

                Donghyun gave a low bow, self-pity washing over. “Hyungnim, I’m sorry.”

                “No need for apologies.” K.Will sighed, quickly getting over it. “All I want you to do is go to the lab so we can repair you.”

                “But I’m fine.” Donghyun insisted, who still didn’t understand why he was brushed aside.

                “That’s an order, 01.” K.Will shot back.

                “There’s no reason for me to get repairs if nothing’s wrong with me.”

                For heaven’s sake, K.Will rolled his eyes. Here Donghyun was, defying his creator’s orders. “01, please come with me.”

                “I have to go.” Donghyun held up his briefcase, signaling that he had to fill out some paperwork. “And my name’s Kim Donghyun.”

                The door closed with a deafening slam. Youngmin and Kwangmin’s eyes shifted uncomfortably, but their feet were glued to the ground. K.Will blew at his honey-colored bangs, amused at the spunk. “That boy… you two.” Youngmin and Kwangmin shyly looked up. “Aren’t you going to leave?”

                “One more thing,” Youngmin squeaked, “will Donghyun-hyung be alright?”

                “Ah,” K.Will smiled. “He’ll be fine. If you’re talking about the accusations from the school, the administratiors already called me. Above from the fact that legally he’s Seh Lyung’s blood relative,” he winked at that statement, “I have tons of background information to defend him.”

                “That’s great.” Youngmin said, feeling better.

                They turned to leave, but K.Will’s voice stopped them. “Wait. There’s nothing else you want to talk about?” Not knowing where this was going, the two shook their heads. “Are you sure?” he teased. “Nothing about you guys liking Kim Seh Lyung too?”

                “No!” Kwangmin said a little too quickly. His large eyes got even larger as he realized how stupid of a response he just gave.

                Unfazed, Youngmin kept a strong poker face. But even so it couldn’t stop the blushing. They didn’t know there were cameras all over the mansion.

                K.Will forced himself not to “d’aww” as he observed the two. “Just go.” He laughed, proud that he got a good reaction out of them.

```

                “Hyung, are we in trouble?” Minwoo asked innocently.

                “No, you’re not.” Donghyun forced a smile, but he couldn’t stop thinking about earlier. He shouldn’t have been so brash, he disrespected K.Will in front of Youngmin and Kwangmin. What came over him? He always had the answer, but this time he couldn’t think of one.

                Jeongmin crossed his arms, annoyed. “Why are we even here?” he nudged Hyunseong with his elbow. “I bet you know something since you’ve been so quiet.”

                “N-no.” Hyunseong answered wearily. But he had an idea to why they were here.

                In his bleached white lab coat, Professor K.Will was pacing the lab back and forth. He paid no mind to the boyfriends, who were watching him back and forth like a match of ping pong.  With a heavy sigh he snatched the papers in the printer, and rolled them in his coat pocket.

                “Hyungnim?” Hyunseong called.

                “Yes?” K.Will replied, distracted.

                “Are you here to fix us?”

                Jeongmin perked up remarkably at the question. “Is that why? Thank you then! I’ve been so sick of all this trouble.”

                A long pause. “I’m not fixing you.”

                “What?” Jeongmin faltered. “What do you mean?”

                “I’m not fixing you.” K.Will said again. He didn’t sound sullen, or man, just normal.

                “Then why are we here?” Donghyun asked.

                “I just wanted to call a meeting, Donghyun-ah.” Donghyun-ah? K.Will had never referred to any of them by their first name. It was usually the void between them being subordinate to their creator. Donghyun was confused, but decided to remain quiet along with everyone else.

                Youngmin and Kwangmin appeared at the foot of the stairs, already changed out of their uniforms. Youngmin had his hair straight with a black shirt and navy jeans, and Kwangmin kept it simple with a white hoodie and grey slacks.

                “Just in time.” K.Will said cheerfully. The twins lined up next to Hyunseong. “Now you can all hear my announcement.”

                Jeongmin gave a stern look that read, “This better be good.”

                “”I’m worried,” Minwoo’s voice cracked slightly at the confession, “what’s going on?”

                “Everything’s perfect, just perfect.” It seemed like K.Wil was talking more to himself than the robots in the room. “To capture a girl’s heart,” K.Will gave room to chuckle at the cliché way to start it, “is to be sincere.”

                “We know what sincerity means.” Donghyun piped up. “It’s to be honest and true.

                “But there’s more than that.” K.Will looked at the six capsules in the back of the lab. They were glowing with energy, but were gathering dust propped up against the wall. “It’s about being able to relate, and understand the other’s feelings.” He opened a drawer where a silver remote sat, he grasped it tightly, contemplating if he was doing the right thing or not. “As robots, you shouldn’t be able to convey those feelings. You were obviously far more different than anything of this world.”

                The boys remained silent.

                “But you proved me wrong.” K.Will finally flipped the switch of his remote, and all six capsules turned off simultaneously. Once running and glowing life, were now dead silent. The boys’ first connection to the world, was now gone.

                “You have evolved and adapted since the day you were activated in a way I could never imagine. From now on, consider yourselves human, no more numbers. Just Kim Donghyun, Shim  Hyunseong, Lee Jeongmin, Jo Yougmin, Jo Kwangmin, and No Minwoo.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No time to reply to comments! Sorry for being so late! Byeee!

Oh, and do you know how to get rid of a boy who sticks to you like glue and indirectly seranades you infront of the entire school and texts you every five minutes and demands a hug every time?

~Camille