Tell Her

Absolute Boyfriend

                Jo Kwangmin couldn’t help it. The fact that there were four guys (five if you counted Youngmin) blatantly confessing their love to Seh Lyung on a daily basis. But their feelings were configured from the start, while Kwangmin’s slowly grew over time. If only it was that easy. From the day he had accidentally sprayed her with water, up until their date where they wore matching sweaters. At least he knew one thing; his feelings for Kim Seh Lyung were true. It was one against five; he had to tell Seh Lyung. Tell her how he had slowly developed feelings for her.

Just maybe, she’d accept it because he had fallen for her like a real man should.

                “There’s a nice café over there!” Youngmin called out, breaking into a light jog up the hill.

                The seven of them had all gone out into the town, as suggested by Hyunseong. Seh Lyung’s arm was linked with his as they walked down the path. “Hyunseong-oppa knows my best interests.” she teased Jeongmin, who as usual wanted Seh Lyung’s attention first. It was a little true, considering she was a little excited to be out of the house, even if it was with six rowdy robots.

                “But I know your best interests too!” Jeongmin insisted with a pout, crossing his arms.

                “But we all know what Seh Lyung likes~” Minwoo chimed, linking arms with an irritated Jeongmin so he wouldn’t feel as lonely.

                And that was the problem. Kwangmin sighed, kicking a pebble as far as he possible could. He was at a major disadvantage when it came to knowing Seh Lyung. While everyone else (sans Youngmin) seemed to know her inside and out, Kwangmin was far too shy to even ask her favorite color.

                “You alright there?” Donghyun asked, slowing down to match his speed to Kwangmin’s.

                “Neh.” Kwangmin said, plastering a toothy smile.

                Donghyun looked to where Seh Lyung and the others were, then back to the younger looking boy. “I told your brother before that we’re on the same playing field.” He frowned a bit. “You probably remember that, right?” How could he not? The day he discovered he wasn’t human. “But now you don’t have to be intimidated by your competition.”

                Too late. “I don’t think I have a chance.” Kwangmin confessed glumly.

                “I think you do.” The leader’s comforting words eased Kwangmin’s heavy heart.

                “How come you’re not worried?” honestly, what was with Donghyun? Kwangmin knew he was the leader and all, but how could he let Seh Lyung go back and forth with the other boyfriends without a fight? He had to have feelings for her just the same.

                “It’s all up to Seh Lyung,” Donghyun shrugged. “But if I ever get the opportunity, I always try my best.”

                Jeongmin glared in their direction, obviously eavesdropping. He spent a few more seconds staring at Kwangmin before turning back, pretending like nothing happened. Donghyun and Kwangmin laughed. Despite all this change, he was still glad that he had his friends around to make him feel better.

                After Youngmin, Seh Lyung was the first one through the doors of the coffee shop when she realized how cold she had gotten on the long walk. Though the restaurant was warm and smelled of fresh honey, she couldn’t help but feel a relaxing vibe coming from the place. “Hello,” she breathed, her lips still cold. “May I please order one hot chocolate?”

                And here comes the return of the nosy cashier, the same cashier from the mall. Why was she here again? “One hot chocolate?” she asked energetically. “Where’s your boyfriend?”

                “I am!” Jeongmin forced his way through the crowd of robots boys to the front, eager to take the position of Seh Lyung’s significant other. He flashed a charming smile to the perceptive cashier lady. “Make that seven hot chocolates.” He whipped out his wallet and took out a few bills.

                “Hey!” Seh Lyung tried grabbing his wallet, but he only lifted his arm higher in the air. “Where did you get that picture?”

                “What picture?” the light-haired boy asked innocently, pulling out the picture for everyone to see. It was the Polaroid she had taken in the attic the other day. “I just found this sitting on the windowsill, just begging to be found. Cute, right?”

                “Wah, I want a picture of Seh Lyung in wallet!” Youngmin cried.

                “Seh Lyungie, let’s take a bunch of pictures together today!” Minwoo said.

                Kwangmin took this opportunity of distraction to grab Seh Lyung’s hand. “Let’s go find a table.”

                “That fits all seven of us?” Seh Lyung laughed, going to a seat in the back of the room. She let herself help Kwangmin push three little tables together and arrange the chairs accordingly. When that was all done the two got comfortable and sat across from each other. “We haven’t talked all day, Kwangmin-ah.”

                Because he was too nervous to approach her in the view of everyone else, he was now too busy thinking about how to confess to her. For now, he was alone. He could talk about it fully later and subtly mention it now. “Seh Lyungie, I wanted to ask you—”

                “Hot chocolate?” Hyunseong interrupted, holding a steaming cup to Kwangmin’s face so close he could’ve burned. It was funny considering that Seh Lyung and Hyunseong had the best mutual relationship; He never had to break up another couple out of comfortableness.

                And it wasn’t enough when Jeongmin decided to squeeze his chair in between Kwangmin and Seh Lyung. Annoyed, Seh Lyung hit Jeongmin’s shoulder. “What are you doing? There’s room over there!”

                Donghyun sat on the end of the table like a father. He was thoroughly examining the paper cup filled with liquid. He gave a wary look to Jeongmin, who looked pretty satisfied at a successful to Kwangmin. “Jeongmin-ah. Tell me, what is it?”

                Minwoo tried grasping the cup for the umpteenth time, but kept flinching away and glued his hands to his lap. “It’s too hot!” he whined, puffing out his cheeks to blow on it. “What if I burn out my wires?”

                The wavy-haired boy’s legs were crossed. Jeongmin took a delicate sip of his drink, looking fancy. “Just drink it.” He insisted, taking another sip to prove that it was safe.

                Hyunseong took a wary gulp, and a hard swallow followed. “It’s good.” He finally said, taking a long swig.

                Seh Lyung giggled. “If anyone else drank hot chocolate that fast their tongues would burn off.”

                Hyunseong blushed at her comments and started to take slower gulps, suddenly self-conscious.

                Eventually Donghyun and Minwoo broke from their shells and started drinking their hot chocolate along with the group. Every few seconds they’d gasp from the heat. “… Any closer and you feel the heat~” Minwoo sang, moving his head left and right.

                “And I always thought you rapped.” Youngmin said, his head resting lazily on his hand.

                “You rap?” Seh Lyung questioned, shocked.

                Minwoo nodded shyly. “Only once, a little bit.”

                “Can I hear?” she asked.

                He blushed, how could he say no to her? “Well, sure.” He took a deep breath and stared straight at Seh Lyung, flashing the cutest eye smile he could muster.

“You and I we’re meant to be
Break up for just a moment, you’re my destiny
Just a sad melody, let’s show love again…”

                Pink tint flourished a top Seh Lyung’s porcelain cheeks. She looked away from Minwoo for half a second, because his glazed over stare was overwhelming her. And it wasn’t because his voice got ten times deeper and he just winked at her. At one point, the lyrics seemed to remind her of what almost was. Their period in time when it seemed like Minwoo and Seh Lyung were over, but slowly there love would return.

                “I can rap too, Seh Lyung.” Kwangmin was quick to steal Minwoo’s thunder, and stuck his tongue out.

“Inseparable, the places the two of us were together
The matching clothes that the two of us wore
Everything is normal now, I cannot end like this
Just can’t let it go~”

                Seh Lyung bit her lip. And again, another memory surged through her brain. It was their little date when they wore the same yellow sweater. In the end she managed to recover and clapped her hands. “You two are really good.”

                “Who was better, Seh Lyungie?” Minwoo asked, his voice high and eager.

                She laughed, was this all just a competition? “It’s hard to say.”

                Later on, Jeongmin decided to stoop to their level and outdo both Minwoo and Kwangmin. His eyes danced across the grand piano behind the window, as he let his feet take over and enter the music store. He was so perfect; from outside he looked like a mannequin modeling the instrument. Seh Lyung and the boys followed, the door ringing to their presence. Jeongmin grabbed the girl’s hand and urged her to sit beside him. He flashed her one smile before his fingers grazed the ivory keys.

”I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted, and my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you.”

                Jeongmin’s voice alone from Hyunseong and Donghyun’s sounded both sweet and calming. It was like he was singing warm honey, and slowly lulling her to sleep. When the music stopped playing, Jeongmin was strangely silent. His fingers remained hovered over the keys, and his face was sullen and as if he was thinking really hard.

                “I loved it.” Seh Lyung broke his trance, beaming at him. Her hands rested on his shoulder, reaching over to place a chaste kiss on his cheek. She felt the need to owe him for all those times it seemed like Jeongmin was nothing but a nuisance. He returned to normal, and immediately brightened p and returned her kiss with one of his own.

                Kwangmin gritted the inside of his cheeks, jealous. He turned to Minwoo, who shrugged and continued on being happy. How could he be like that? When she was with another guy, he didn’t mind? “Hey,” he tugged on Minwoo’s scarlet red scarf, “how can you stand that?”

                “What do you mean?” the brunette turned his head to the side. “Jeongminnie-hyung is designed to be Seh Lyung’s boyfriend. So is Donghyun and Hyunseong-hyungie. I can’t get mad when their doing their jobs.”

                “But Jeongmin-hyung does,” Kwangmin retorted, remembering that weird glare he received from him on the first day they met. “all the time.”

                “Well… Hyung’s like that.”

                “Why?” he was innerved. Why is Hyunseong, Donghyun, and Minwoo so laid back while Jeongmin is the most forward? They were all the same to him. Robots. But they seemed so different, almost controlled by personalities.

                “Why are you asking so many questions?” Minwoo easily concealed his awkwardness with a cute giggle. “Besides, it’ll never be about that.”

                The young twin was beyond confused. “But what if she likes someone else?”

                Minwoo’s smile never faltered, but for a second the sparkle in his eyes was absent. “It’s none of my concern anymore if she likes you or Youngmin-hyung.” He knew that Kwangmin didn’t imply himself, but Minwoo knew what he was hinting at. “As long as Seh Lyung is happy.”

                It was a whole different ballgame now. Kwangmin understood it wasn’t about winning Seh Lyung’s heart, it was about earning her happiness. All these boys wanted Seh Lyung to smile. Well, Kwangmin wanted more than that. It was a problem that could only be resolved by one person.

‘’’

                “Seh Lyung,” everyone else had gone inside the house, her and Kwangmin were left. “Can I ask you something?”

                Her hand was already holding the doorknob when she nodded. “Sure. I’m sorry, you were saying something to me at the café before, right?”

                “No big deal.” Kwangmin lied shrugging. “It’s about me, kind of. And Jeongmin-hyung.”

                “Jeongmin?”

                “And Minwoo, and Hyunseong-hyung.” He tried not to flinch when he started going name after name.  “Donghyun-hyung, and I guess Youngmin.”

                “What about the…” she put a finger to her lips. “the six of you?”

                “Well,” he sighed. In his head he thought he had experienced all kinds of relationships during his childhood. Now that he knew that they were false memories, he had no idea how to start this. “I know you’re already dealing with five guys right now. But I just want you to know that I—”

                In an instant, the door swung open. Kwangmin wanted to die, he was so damn close! Who decided to interrupt him now?

                Seh Lyung’s body swung dramatically to the doorway. Her dark eyebrows rose in confusion, and she stepped ten steps back from Kwangmin. “Umma?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi~ I'M SO CURIOUS, YEAHHH~

And I finally get some Kwangmin in this story!

And since I fail to entice my readers into commenting, I'm going to do another contest.

This chapter had mentioned a number of songs. I'm not going to mention how much, but if you post the title and the artist and  get them all correct and comment the answer first, I'll give you a Seh  LyungxBias one shot. Like usual. (Which reminds me, I made a Jeongmin one shot yesterday. Did you see it?) But I'll give you a hint, one of the songs are in the English version.

I decided to post. It's because I'm so mad. I did like an entire question set for someone in my APUSH class >_<

minwoo: Ah, be positive! Updated!~

pipoomica: Sigh, they are so adorable. Yes, I would kill for Boyfriends like them too.

Lilmisschique: *Gets you out of your curled ball and gives you a cookie* THAT SONG WAS A FAKE. Sorry, I thought Sherlock was leaked but I was fooled :(

bluedragon: Thanks! Ugh, anticipating sherlock, only a few more hours! It's 4:11AM now >.< Thanks, I love Jeongmin. He always gets me as the cool annoying-prankster type. Glad you liked my one shot! AFF emailed me 3532 times but no updates when it was back on :( Ugh. But I'm glad you have no preference to who Seh Lyung ends up with, it makes the possible ending so much more flexible.

~Camille